Bars/restaurants

Derrico

Love this place. You'll need a reservation if you want to sit in the restaurant. The bar usually has room to sit, and eat, and drink. Try the quesadilla!

If there is something at Shea's then yes it's hard to get in. But I've had no trouble getting a table on Sabre game nights.

PTR

City Grill, about a five block walk on Main Street (or a free train ride). Wings and burgers are good. Jerk chicken sandwich is amazing.

...and if you are lucky some gun fire or a gang fight will break out right while you are eating. Nothing like some "entertainment" while having a bite to eat. <_<

...and if you are lucky some gun fire or a gang fight will break out right while you are eating. Nothing like some "entertainment" while having a bite to eat. <_<

Was this necessary, to disparage a nice local business like that? Because of one incident on a Friday night last year? You're far more likely to see businesspeople arguing about whose expense account picks up the check than a gang fight.

Pegula should build a restaurant/brewery where the AUD used to be and call it the AUD and have be all about the sabres and bandits inside kinda like a Sabres version of the Hard Rock. That place on gamenights or other event nights at HSBC would be thumpin.

Pegula should build a restaurant/brewery where the AUD used to be and call it the AUD and have be all about the sabres and bandits inside kinda like a Sabres version of the Hard Rock. That place on gamenights or other event nights at HSBC would be thumpin.

I like this. It could look just like the Aud from the outside. Hell, from the inside too!

A mini-Aud.

Living in the past!

I like this. It could look just like the Aud from the outside. Hell, from the inside too!

A mini-Aud.

Living in the past!

And he could spray faux "aud smell" in the place too !!!!

Wait.... maybe not.

And he could spray faux "aud smell" in the place too !!!!

Wait.... maybe not.

Def not but I feel like people would go down to eat there at all times of year if it was AUD like with both sabres and bandits stuff, maybe even through in a little bills memorabilia, Pegula could even be like "hey tyler ennis, heres 50 bucks go eat at my place cuz if fans think we go there they will go there too" Sabres suggestion box time or do we need to hash this out more?

Def not but I feel like people would go down to eat there at all times of year if it was AUD like with both sabres and bandits stuff, maybe even through in a little bills memorabilia, Pegula could even be like "hey tyler ennis, heres 50 bucks go eat at my place cuz if fans think we go there they will go there too" Sabres suggestion box time or do we need to hash this out more?

I doubt Pegs has any interest in opening a restaurant business.

While the idea is interesting, I don't expect that people would go down there all year round. IF the waterfront revitalization ever takes place, then a restaurant there MIGHT work. As the way the landscape around there is set up, I don't see it working. There isn't really anything within walking distance from there that people would be going to before or after eating.

The waterfront needs an aquarium, maybe if that board of developers weren't a bunch of retarded chimps who just got hit by a semi, then they would stop throwing feces and playing with themselves and start building something, how longs it been? a decade... Here, build a nice aquarium with a museum on it and been done with it you freaking j@ck@sses! Then Tpegs can build the AUD restaurant and we can all be happy.

Was this necessary, to disparage a nice local business like that? Because of one incident on a Friday night last year? You're far more likely to see businesspeople arguing about whose expense account picks up the check than a gang fight.

I guess it was just a fluke that all those bad apples were in one place at one time. My mistake. :doh:

Severely overrated tourist trap. The food sucks, the service sucks and it is overpriced. If your only other choice is to eat at the Arena concessions stands, I would still choose the Arena.

Agreed, that it is a tourist trap, but to say that Anchor sucks is horseshit; especially recommending Arena food over it...

I guess it was just a fluke that all those bad apples were in one place at one time. My mistake. :doh:

It was a fluke. Could have happened anywhere. Unfortunately, it happened there. Not sure if you've ever been, but City Grill is hardly a gang hangout. It's usually populated with bankers and accountants during the week, and has rehearsal dinners and wedding receptions (including that unfortunate night) on weekends unless there's a game. The pre-game crowd is the type that wants to have a couple of good cocktails and avoid the crowd at Pearl Street.

I thought it was funny... :unsure:

Me and my buddies were actually one of those businesspeople arguing about an hour before the event. S#!@ happens no matter where you are so no point worrying about it.

Agreed, that it is a tourist trap, but to say that Anchor sucks is horseshit; especially recommending Arena food over it...

I have long been a proponent of duff's and local wing places over anchor bar and will argue that tooth and nail but it is still a Buffalo icon. I tell people from out of town if you really want to go then go ahead but be aware it is overpriced because it is exactly that, a tourist trap. But in our city, how many tourist places do we have - lets not trash one just for the sake of it.

I have long been a proponent of duff's and local wing places over anchor bar and will argue that tooth and nail but it is still a Buffalo icon. I tell people from out of town if you really want to go then go ahead but be aware it is overpriced because it is exactly that, a tourist trap. But in our city, how many tourist places do we have - lets not trash one just for the sake of it.

Right - as an extreme example it's like telling an Elvis fan there is no reason to go to graceland because you can get better and cheaper memorabilia someplace else.

Right - as an extreme example it's like telling an Elvis fan there is no reason to go to graceland because you can get better and cheaper memorabilia someplace else.

If there's some guy out there that really likes wings, they probably want to visit the place that it was invented to say they've been there. An elvis fan wants to go where the king lived just to say they were there.

On a separate note - that was the most elegant example i've ever heard. You sir should get a pulitzer or something

(although I doubt they would give it to a 'nobody' :lol: )

If there's some guy out there that really likes wings, they probably want to visit the place that it was invented to say they've been there. An elvis fan wants to go where the king lived just to say they were there.

On a separate note - that was the most elegant example i've ever heard. You sir should get a pulitzer or something

Thanks for the compliment!

I remember being in the Anchor Bar on a game night and the Sabres game WAS NOT on the TVs inside the restaurant. I had to ask them to change the channel. I got looks like it was an outrageous request. I remember being appalled. The wings were okay. They're also expensive due to the tourist crowd within. But you have to make the pilgrimage once. Then ask the locals where the real wings are.

How is it horseshit? I am invited there 2 or 3 times a year by some vendor who insists we go there for lunch and each and every time the food and service sucks.

What does overpriced mean to you?

Archived