Bars/restaurants

Derrico

Hey guys, I'm from out of town but excited to be going to the game tomorrow night. I enjoy going downtown to a have a few wings and a jug of beer before the game. Problem is, Pear Street Bar and Grill is the only place we've ever found and that place is PACKED on game nights. I enjoy the buffet they have there but too many people sometimes.

Any suggestions for another spot within walking distance to the arena?

the more i think about it, the more i am SURE that it's a cash only joint.

i'm a guy who lives by his bank card, so it's something i need to plan for.

Thanks for the heads up, I'm comming from Canada so I've already converted over some cash. I'll let ya know what I thought.

I am assuming they are open on a Saturday night, but you have Irish Times and Washington Square which are by the homeplate entrance of Coca-Cola Field/Dunn Tire Park/North Americare Field/Pilot Field. 5-7 minute walk from the Arena.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&q=restaurants&aq=&sll=42.881648,-78.873905&sspn=0.000837,0.002411&ie=UTF8&t=h&rq=1&ev=zi&split=1&radius=0.07&hq=restaurants&hnear=&ll=42.881927,-78.874012&spn=0.000837,0.002411&z=19

I've been here too and the burgers are good. Limited seating and crowded on a game night. Don't know if they take reservations. Right next to the arena...

http://www.benchwarmerssbg.com/

Checked out the website, place looked packed when they were taking those shots. Definetly an option though, thanks.

I am assuming they are open on a Saturday night, but you have Irish Times and Washington Square which are by the homeplate entrance of Coca-Cola Field/Dunn Tire Park/North Americare Field/Pilot Field. 5-7 minute walk from the Arena.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&q=restaurants&aq=&sll=42.881648,-78.873905&sspn=0.000837,0.002411&ie=UTF8&t=h&rq=1&ev=zi&split=1&radius=0.07&hq=restaurants&hnear=&ll=42.881927,-78.874012&spn=0.000837,0.002411&z=19

Awhile back Washington Square used to be a decent place to eat/drink before the games but it has been a looong time since I've been there sooo........

for whatever it's worth..

I cant remember how far away from the Arena it is, but what about Anchor Bar?

I thought it was a great place when I went.

Severely overrated tourist trap. The food sucks, the service sucks and it is overpriced. If your only other choice is to eat at the Arena concessions stands, I would still choose the Arena.

Severely overrated tourist trap. The food sucks, the service sucks and it is overpriced. If your only other choice is to eat at the Arena concessions stands, I would still choose the Arena.

Wow, that's saying something. Ate at the arena a couple of years ago and it was like $32 for a beer, burger and chips. Not fries, it literally came with chips. Very overpriced.

Wow, that's saying something. Ate at the arena a couple of years ago and it was like $32 for a beer, burger and chips. Not fries, it literally came with chips. Very overpriced.

Red Osier roast beef samich and chips, pickle and beer is about $15.

If you use the metro you can stop and eat anywhere along Main Street and get to the gfame. Plus you can park free away from HSBC. I like the Bijou Grille by Shea's Buffalo. Then after the game you can catch the drag queen show at Cafe Marcella across the street. I hear its good.

PTR

If you use the metro you can stop and eat anywhere along Main Street and get to the gfame. Plus you can park free away from HSBC. I like the Bijou Grille by Shea's Buffalo. Then after the game you can catch the drag queen show at Cafe Marcella across the street. I hear its good.

PTR

Love this place. You'll need a reservation if you want to sit in the restaurant. The bar usually has room to sit, and eat, and drink. Try the quesadilla!

Irish Times will not only take reservations, they'll take your food order at that time as well, so it'll be ready a few minutes after you show up. If you get wings, make sure you order them extra crispy. The wings are usually pretty good there, but if they're REAL busy the wings can come out not quite done.

The sandwiches there are pretty good as well.

PTR

We're staying at the Adam's Mark Hotel so parking is not a problem. A little worried about this hotel actually. Usually stay at Hyatt but it was booked so we'll see. Read a review where people claimed there was bed bugs. :blink:

I thought the anchor bar was very good.I can still taste those wings with that ice cold brew.

I love that place and go there whenever i go to games. It does get pretty packed. I went to the Atlanta game and it wasn't too packed, so i guess it's a hit or miss on it being packed. Awesome food though. Even when its packed they get it out in a real timely fashion.

We're staying at the Adam's Mark Hotel so parking is not a problem. A little worried about this hotel actually. Usually stay at Hyatt but it was booked so we'll see. Read a review where people claimed there was bed bugs. :blink:

Bed bugs are everywhere nowadays. It's a scary thing to stay at hotels now - even swanky ones.

Archived