Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

I don't know what to say about Miller this year. One night he saves the game, the next night be blows it. And it's not like he has no help because the sabres really did own the tempo for most of the game. Just one of those games you just have to shake your head at and if we don't make the playoffs its a game we can point to.

He's too mentally soft to ever be considered an elite goaltender. 14 of our last 19 games are back-to-backs. Let Enroth play 7 of the last 19. If Enroth looks competent enough, trade Miller this summer for that elusive top center plus picks. Move Miller now while there are still teams out there who haven't figured out how overrated he is.

That was a performance by 19 guys worthy of a playoff game, and a performance by one guy that belongs in the preseason. What a shame.

I agree. Nieds really should have been in there instead of Gerbe.

Thought ennis and boyes played a great game tonight...sekera was solid as well. Wasn't a fan of butler gerbe or vanek tonight, and obviously miller. Really should've won that game we really controlled the play. Oh well, gained a point on the rangers at least and we are 4-0-2 since pegulas take over and that terrible 3 game losing streak. As a side note the maple leafs gained another point on us...

He's too mentally soft to ever be considered an elite goaltender. 14 of our last 19 games are back-to-backs. Let Enroth play 7 of the last 19. If Enroth looks competent enough, trade Miller this summer for that elusive top center plus picks. Move Miller now while there are still teams out there who haven't figured out how overrated he is.

I'm beginning to think that Miller is too comfortable. He knows there is no competition. So, bring up Enroth and let him play. Dump Lalime, who is really nothig more than Miller's security blanket. With Enroth around -- and playing -- perhaps Miller will feel some heat and start performing to the level one expects from an "elite" goalie.

I'm beginning to think that Miller is too comfortable. He knows there is no competition. So, bring up Enroth and let him play. Dump Lalime, who is really nothig more than Miller's security blanket. With Enroth around -- and playing -- perhaps Miller will feel some heat and start performing to the level one expects from an "elite" goalie.

I agree, Enroth really played well his last time up

I don't care that Miller let in a soft one to lose the game tonight. I really don't. It was a great game.

But if in his post game interview he says else than, "I just blew it, it's on me" and tries to lay the blame somewhere else, I will mind a lot.

Just got back from game blame this loss on PP and Miller. Why he was trying to play puck and than slow moving back to crease on second goal. Terrible line change on first goal and Sekara I think made a bonehead play before canes goal. Oh well the canes fans were subdued tonight until as well left the arena. Lots of empty seats in lower bowl and up top

Wow, life of a goalie.....One minute he's a saviour, the next he's a goat. Where's Enroth?!.......

That's professional sports. Bill Buckner, Mitch Williams and Scott Norwood are examples of how a career can be defined by one play. It works both ways. Dwight Clark, Buster Douglas and Robbie Thompson are examples of how one play can make a career.

AWESOME!

I'm having a good night. I posted about 5 good one liners.

I think I should jump on the medical bandwagon like they did with Campbell for veins and sweating. See if Miller will endorse my Colonoscopy Clinic. I'll have his catch line be, "When something soft going through me doesn't hurt anyone else"

I feel bad for Claude; I'm sure he's taking some flak right now.

I took a good amount of flak, but I've got a fun story involving whining canes fans, security, and my canes fan buddy that set things straight. I'll tell it tomorrow. The Sabres, mostly Miller (who based on one bad game is distinctly inferior to Barrasso apparently), gift wrapped that one to the Canes.

Just looks like he is the opposite of fresh. It's not his fault, it's Lindy's chronic goalie mismanagement...he's playing him into the ground.

What about the other goalies in the league that play as many games as he does? Are they better? Do they get more sleep? I just don't think the playing him into the ground theory should be used to cover that he isn't the superstar we have bought into him being.

Archived