Well put article regarding TC

It's a good read in my opinion.

Link

He should be traded today. A 2nd round pick would be great and I'd be happy with a third round pick too.

He's a symbol of everything that's wrong with this team -- I'm amazed how many people I know back home who have a bad "Tim Connolly out on the town" story. He's a talented guy who loves the money that comes with being an NHL player way more than he loves playing NHL hockey.

Yes, we're low on centers. I don't care. Byron or Adam won't do any worse and they'll definitely take their job more seriously.

They had trade offers for him and turned them down. Why would they now waive him?

Maybe the offers weren't the right ones. Perhaps they take the chance on sending him down, maybe someone will pick him up for the full price.

I suppose now they can carry as many players as they need, so making roster space isn't an excuse. Just a matter of principle at this point.

Timmy staying has completely killed whatever optimism I felt about this franchise after Pegula taking over.

Wake me up next October.

I'm feeling a lot of this too. The team "exists to win the Stanley Cup" but they're keeping Connolly for two more months? What a joke. A draft pick -- ANY draft pick -- will do more to help us win the Cup than Tim Connolly ever will (unless we miraculously win it all this spring).

This is embarrassing.

Maybe the offers weren't the right ones. Perhaps they take the chance on sending him down, maybe someone will pick him up for the full price.

I suppose now they can carry as many players as they need, so making roster space isn't an excuse. Just a matter of principle at this point.

I dunno pretty sure you cannot carry more than 23 players max period. So thats what we already have today with a couple of game day scratches so unless someone gets hurt no one is getting called up either.

They should just buy him out and bring up Adam.

They declined serious trade offers for Timmy. I don't think they intend to buy him out whether they are able to or not :censored: . They intend to make the playoffs and go as far as this team will take them. They think Tiny Tim maximizes their chances. Time will tell whether they are right. Personally, I'd like to slam him in the nearest dumpster on Chippewa Street.

And the "article" that prompted this post was juvenile.

I dunno pretty sure you cannot carry more than 23 players max period. So thats what we already have today with a couple of game day scratches so unless someone gets hurt no one is getting called up either.

I thought after the trade deadline they could carry as many as they needed?

Correct. But for further clarification (even though it won't be an issue for this year's Sabres), the salary cap is still in effect and there is a limit to the # of non-emergency callups allowed.

And speaking of the salary cap, Washington's got an interesting situation in place now.

Just heard the sound clip of Darcy on WGR saying "Keeping Tim Connolly will help the team..."

How did the reporters not start laughing there?

He's going to help the team? How? When? He's completely useless and doesn't care all that much about his job.

Pegula or not, Regier is the same guy he's always been -- spineless, unimaginative, and in love with his own players. We're never winning a Stanley Cup with this guy as our GM.

I'm feeling a lot of this too. The team "exists to win the Stanley Cup" but they're keeping Connolly for two more months? What a joke. A draft pick -- ANY draft pick -- will do more to help us win the Cup than Tim Connolly ever will (unless we miraculously win it all this spring).

This is embarrassing.

This is the maddening part for me. Keeping Connolly is sooooo shortsighted. Any return he would have brought us is a potential step closer to the Stanley Cup. Keeping him on the roster this year does nothing to further that goal.

On the positive side, it does give us a better chance of watching them lose in the 1st round of the playoffs. :rolleyes:

This is the maddening part for me. Keeping Connolly is sooooo shortsighted. Any return he would have brought us is a potential step closer to the Stanley Cup. Keeping him on the roster this year does nothing to further that goal.

On the positive side, it does give us a better chance of watching them lose in the 1st round of the playoffs. :rolleyes:

I look at it this way. Having this group with playoff experience: Myers, Ennis, Kaleta, Boyes, Stafford etc. is worth a second round pick.

Connolly may have gotten a second rounder. Maybe.

Playing out the season with a center depth chart that looks like:

Hecht

Gaustad

McCormick

Neidermeyer

Just makes very little sense. While keeping TC doesn't make me hooray. I like him better than a mid-2nd round pick at this point.

Just heard the sound clip of Darcy on WGR saying "Keeping Tim Connolly will help the team..."

How did the reporters not start laughing there?

He's going to help the team? How? When? He's completely useless and doesn't care all that much about his job.

Pegula or not, Regier is the same guy he's always been -- spineless, unimaginative, and in love with his own players. We're never winning a Stanley Cup with this guy as our GM.

Tim has had some truly gruesome injuries, not the least of which was having his face broken. To keep coming back shows he cares -- unless you think he just cares about a paycheck.

I won't disagree with the rest, except that, objectively speaking, Connolly will help. It's a pretty weak definition of "help," sure.

Tim has had some truly gruesome injuries, not the least of which was having his face broken. To keep coming back shows he cares -- unless you think he just cares about a paycheck.

Yes, that's exactly what I think. That, and he also likes being moderately famous in a small town because there are benefits that come with that as well.

Winning? Playing great hockey? No.

I look at it this way. Having this group with playoff experience: Myers, Ennis, Kaleta, Boyes, Stafford etc. is worth a second round pick.

Connolly may have gotten a second rounder. Maybe.

Playing out the season with a center depth chart that looks like:

Hecht

Gaustad

McCormick

Neidermeyer

Just makes very little sense. While keeping TC doesn't make me hooray. I like him better than a mid-2nd round pick at this point.

As always, I am grateful for the voice of reason.

TC should have been dealt because he isnt contributing. Hes had 1 even strength goal since october. Hes a waste of space. I would rather have byron playing and getting experience than connolly playing on a line with boyes and ennis or vanek. Darcy only made it half way today but its a start. I am grumpy about not getting a pick and keeping connolly but this summer we need to not resign him, trade pommers, sign drew, and add a really center like Richards for Boyes and Vanek to play btw.

Archived