Sabres Acquire Brad Boyes

TheMatrix31

This makes no sense. It's a good move. Nothing more, nothing less. To be mad about this, is ridiculous. They got a sniper. He's struggled at times, yeah, but has shown flashes at times too that he can be a true scorer in this league. They are going to trade Ryan Miller and Pominville and get back Paul Stastny, Patrick Kane and Zach Bogosian. Sorry to disappoint you haters who want to WIN the cup on deadline day. It's just not happening.

Go back to your xbox game.

You know who also shows hot flashes? My grandmother.

Also, I tried to trade Pominville and Miller for Stastny, Kane, and Bogo. It didn't work.

Bill Hoppe criticizing Sabres fans on Twitter for being excited about Brad Boyes. lol what a tool.

I'm certainly not excited about Regier picking up Boyes. Going over T.S.N. s list of trades all the way back to October the sabres haven't been involved in one of them. This feels a bit like one of Regiers moves he throws out to appease the fans.

I'm certainly not excited about Regier picking up Boyes. Going over T.S.N. s list of player transactions all the way back to October the sabres haven't been involved in one of them. This feels a bit like one of Regiers moves he throws out to appease the fans.

Like Raffi Torres and Dominic Moore?:unsure:

Boyes is supposedly having an "off" year and his 29 assists is tied for most on the Sabres. Even if his production doesn't change, I think it's a decent trade. We've got enough prospects for now, I say give up our 1st round pick and concentrate on next years draft. Use the 1st rounder before the deadline and use free agency during the off-season if need be.This isn't an old team, prospects shouldn't be a priority right now.

I think Darcy may be referring to the league as a whole, but I hope he's referring to himself and the Sabres:

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabres-nhl/article353706.ece

"There's more moves to come," Regier said. "I'm aware of players on the market that haven't moved yet. We've talked to some teams, and my guess is maybe not all of them will be moved, but a number of them will be."

Well, he does have a point to a certain extent. Boyes only has ~12 goals this year. Which puts him on pace to score ~ as many as Leopold. (But he does have 16 points since January 20 which is close to a ppg.)

But, he's still relatively young, signed through next year, has been in the 40 goal club, has 16 pts in his last 17 games (but only 2 goals during that span) and came fairly cheaply (a mid-round 2nd rounder in a draft that's not supposed to be terribly deep).

I'm happy because it's 1 more piece of evidence that the Sabres are actually in a new era. :beer:

Sounds vaguely similar to Briere's story before he got here. Either way I'm looking forward to finding out how he does.

Hard to argue with the price (2nd round pick). Strikes me as a Darcy kind of pick. If he scored 40 once, he could do it again with the right line mates. Here's to hoping for more goal scoring...

So, what you thinking? Center or keeping him on the wing?

Hard to say what Ruff will do, but apparently he plays both positions.

Thoughts?

So, what you thinking? Center or keeping him on the wing?

Hard to say what Ruff will do, but apparently he plays both positions.

Thoughts?

I think it depends on how well he can play center. If he can win around 50% of faceoffs then I think it's a no brainer to stick him on the top line at center (unless of course we acquire a true #1 center today) just because he's gotta be better than Connolly by default. But I've never really seen him play him, so, I guess we'll see what tomorrow brings.

I'm certainly not excited about Regier picking up Boyes. Going over T.S.N. s list of trades all the way back to October the sabres haven't been involved in one of them. This feels a bit like one of Regiers moves he throws out to appease the fans.

if that's the only pickup before the deadline then sure, this is very disappointing.

if it's only the first of some more changes, then Darcy's off to a good start.

Has occured to be Darcy might be trying to save his own back side from the firing squad. He's gotta know we want him gone so he wants to show what he'll do with an owner willing to flash the cash so he can keep his job, or at least have a better chance of getting a new one.

I'd say that the move is a plus, we've picked up some new blood that has shown he can score and has the potential to do it again. I'd like them to pick up a true top center, but getting BOYES is a start and a move that would not have been made in the past which is a sign of change. I give the move a :thumbsup:

Has occured to be Darcy might be trying to save his own back side from the firing squad. He's gotta know we want him gone so he wants to show what he'll do with an owner willing to flash the cash so he can keep his job, or at least have a better chance of getting a new one.

I'm sure he's worried that the fans want him gone.

Does the tone of this thread sound alot like the thread announcing the Raffe Torres deal?

Another *potential* upgrade for a 2nd round pick. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

*yawn*

Somebody wake me up when we've upgraded the center position that is our glaring weakness.

Archived