Sabres Acquire Brad Boyes

TheMatrix31

Weird... I just heard him interviewed on NHL radio in my car this evening after the Blues lost to the Flames. The Blues must have decided the loss made them sellers? At the time he clearly didn't know he was being dealt.

Good pick up. He scored 40 one year for the Blues and 30 another year. He'll be happy to be closer to home (is from Mississauga) and will certainly be happy to be out of the ugly, lifeless trapping system that the Blues play these days.

Maybe Pominville on the move for a center?

Darcy figures he gets his new Pominville for $1.3 million a year less.

Don't get my hopes up.......

Love to dump Pommers contract. Just don't see it. Darcy may have made a trade (and I think it may be a pretty good one), but notice he has not given up any of the "core" yet. He added a player without trading any of his own players. He is probably done.

I'm confused now. I thought that Darcy would only make a nothing move within an hour of the deadline for something that would have no possibility of helping the Sabres. Could there be something different about his situation perhaps?

Naaaahhhh, he still sucks. :doh:

Not saying that he's going to be Ken Holland, but I'd seen enough in the past to believe that his hands WERE tied. Hopefully we see another deal or 2 tomorrow to help some more.

Don't get my hopes up.......

Love to dump Pommers contract. Just don't see it. Darcy may have made a trade (and I think it may be a pretty good one), but notice he has not given up any of the "core" yet. He added a player without trading any of his own players. He is probably done.

LOL, When my wife told me the TSN text came across the very first thing I thought of when I saw Boyes to Buffalo was "Shoots Wide".

Seriously, I've seen some Blues games, my sister-in-law lives in Missouri? and she is a Blues hater. She was sayin that Boyes is good, but shoots wide an awful lot. Pomminstein's replacement?

LOL, When my wife told me the TSN text came across the very first thing I thought of when I saw Boyes to Buffalo was "Shoots Wide".

Seriously, I've seen some Blues games, my sister-in-law lives in Missouri? and she is a Blues hater. She was sayin that Boyes is good, but shoots wide an awful lot. Pomminstein's replacement?

Sounds about right........there are nights when Pommer can't hit the broadside of a barn! I just can't believe that guys is sucking down 5.3 mill of our cap space......would be nice at 3.5-4......not 5.3....

I'm confused now. I thought that Darcy would only make a nothing move within an hour of the deadline for something that would have no possibility of helping the Sabres. Could there be something different about his situation perhaps?

Naaaahhhh, he still sucks. :doh:

Not saying that he's going to be Ken Holland, but I'd seen enough in the past to believe that his hands WERE tied. Hopefully we see another deal or 2 tomorrow to help some more.

Relax....the net testicle count on this team remains the same after this deal while the salary is up $4 mil. Pominville 2.0

It's not a huge price to pay for a 28yo who has scored 40 before, but it isn't a long term culture change, that's for sure.

Saw that as well.

Wouldn't surprise me to see him play Center for us. I'm still looking for more stats/info. on when he played Center, how many games, etc...

When he was in junior and the AHL he played center. Since he made the Bruins, it's been primarily as a RW.

Archived