Sabres Acquire Brad Boyes

TheMatrix31

wow, that's quite a drop off in scoring from two seasons ago (career high 72pts) to last season (42, including 19 fewer goals). he played all 82 in both. looks like he's on pace for another less than stellar year.

i'd really like to know who played on his lines in those corresponding seasons.

Disappointing couple of seasons but when he was scoring goals (his 40 and 30 + years) was when his team was competing for playoffs... I guess we'll see. Either way you'd have to think he's an upgrade over Pommer or TC.

Looks like his career FO % is right around 50%, but like Taro mentioned, he hasn't taken that many.

wow, that's quite a drop off in scoring from two seasons ago (career high 72pts) to last season (42, including 19 fewer goals). he played all 82 in both. looks like he's on pace for another less than stellar year.

i'd really like to know who played on his lines in those corresponding seasons.

He looked good tonight in Calgary... he scored to tie the game late, but it was called back because Backes knocked the puck down with a high stick. The only excuse I can see for his goal production to be down the past 2 years is that St. Louis plays a pretty boring trap style.

Relax....the net testicle count on this team remains the same after this deal while the salary is up $4 mil. Pominville 2.0

It's not a huge price to pay for a 28yo who has scored 40 before, but it isn't a long term culture change, that's for sure.

Agreed there. But it is one more indication that things WILL be different w/ the new owner.

I'll tell you flat out that I don't KNOW that Darcy will do a good job under the new management. But I have seen enough flashes from him in the past, that I agree w/ TP that he deserves a crack at it.

Cool, thanks.

Stopped by 3 different Blues forums, couldn't find anyone who's gonna miss him. Most actually think we were robbed... :unsure:

Since they got Stewart from Colorado, they had too many RWs and he was a big salary that wasn't producing big numbers (sound like anyone on our roster?). Hopefully a change of scenery helps him. He was leading the Blues in Assists, which is good to see.

Bill Hoppe criticizing Sabres fans on Twitter for being excited about Brad Boyes. lol what a tool.

Well, he does have a point to a certain extent. Boyes only has ~12 goals this year. Which puts him on pace to score ~ as many as Leopold. (But he does have 16 points since January 20 which is close to a ppg.)

But, he's still relatively young, signed through next year, has been in the 40 goal club, has 16 pts in his last 17 games (but only 2 goals during that span) and came fairly cheaply (a mid-round 2nd rounder in a draft that's not supposed to be terribly deep).

I'm happy because it's 1 more piece of evidence that the Sabres are actually in a new era. :beer:

I love the move. Like Boyes game a lot. He's been struggling recently in St Louis, maybe a change of styles will do him well? I think he can help us. But, looks like Darcy is gonna be aggressive. Deadline day eve trade to get a top 6 forward is impressive. The league it seems like expects a lot out of the "new" Sabres tomorrow and with this move tonight, seems like everyone is talking about us and what else is to come tomorrow?

Well, he does have a point to a certain extent. Boyes only has ~12 goals this year. Which puts him on pace to score ~ as many as Leopold. (But he does have 16 points since January 20 which is close to a ppg.)

But, he's still relatively young, signed through next year, has been in the 40 goal club, has 16 pts in his last 17 games (but only 2 goals during that span) and came fairly cheaply (a mid-round 2nd rounder in a draft that's not supposed to be terribly deep).

I'm happy because it's 1 more piece of evidence that the Sabres are actually in a new era. :beer:

exactly. I understand he might not be a true 40 goal scorer but what's wrong with being excited about what is probably Darcy's best trade since... since... idk? Even if he finishes with less than 20 goals, his size alone probably makes him more effective than Pominville. Plus the old "change of scenery" adage... there's plenty to be excited about and hope for.

I told him $4 mil for a potential 40 goal scorer is better than $6.5 for a potential 40 goal scorer, and I'd rather have two.

3 years too late to get a hold of Boyes. He's exactly the same player as Pominville. One really good year netted him a really good payday.

LOL seriously?

If he was scoring 33 goals a season like he was 3 years ago, you think he'd be available on the market? Get real people. You have to take a risk on a player unless it's a UFA where you pay a ton for a guy who may walk. Either way, both are risks. Comments like this seriously make me want to laugh.

Physical level, i'd say he's like a Stafford. He isn't afraid to go into a corner, but he's no Kaleta if thats what you're wondering.

No, no one is like Kaleta. If he's not afraid of landing a check, then, that's a step up from Pommers already.

Looks like he has a lower PIM average than Hecht. Which is a step up, too.

Archived