GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

thesportsbuff

Buffalo Sabres @ Florida Panthers, 7:30 PM EST

Another big game for the Sabres, but what game isn't big this time of year? The Panthers are a beatable team but historically the Sabres have sucked against them. With Carolina playing a tough Philly team tonight there's a good chance we can make up some more ground on them with a win.

ROSTER NEWS: Kaleta to return tonight, Montador still out. No word yet on who Kaleta will replace in the lineup. Byron would be the likely candidate but given that he's been playing center, perhaps we could see Neidermayer or Grier sit one out? Just speculation. ** WGR just reported that while Kaleta is able to play, Ruff will likely keep the current lineup in tact.

Carolina's Next 5 Games:

@ Philly tonight

@ Tampa on Saturday

@ Atlanta on Sunday

@ NJ on Wednesday

vs Philly Friday

Buffalo's Next 5 Games:

@ Florida tonight

vs NY Islanders on Sunday

@ Montreal on Tuesday

vs Toronto on Wednesday

vs St. Louis on Friday

LETS GO BUFFALO

Buffalo Sabres @ Florida Panthers, 7:30 PM EST

Another big game for the Sabres, but what game isn't big this time of year? The Panthers are a beatable team but historically the Sabres have sucked against them. With Carolina playing a tough Philly team tonight there's a good chance we can make up some more ground on them with a win.

Carolina's Next 5 Games:

@ Philly tonight

@ Tampa on Saturday

@ Atlanta on Sunday

@ NJ on Wednesday

vs Philly Friday

Buffalo's Next 5 Games:

@ Florida tonight

vs NY Islanders on Sunday

@ Montreal on Tuesday

vs Toronto on Wednesday

vs St. Louis on Friday

LETS GO BUFFALO

Certainly looks like Buffalo could swap positions on Carolina based on those schedules... NJ is waking up. Of course the Sabres have the dreaded NYI in there.

Florida is toast tonight.

Would love to see Kaleta back in there mixing it up and taking the place of Niedermayer or Hecht. I think Byron has been a sparkplug for the team and is performing too well to take him out of the lineup. We haven't won 3 in a row all year and now is the perfect time. LETS GO BUFFALO!!!

Would love to see Kaleta back in there mixing it up and taking the place of Niedermayer or Hecht. I think Byron has been a sparkplug for the team and is performing too well to take him out of the lineup. We haven't won 3 in a row all year and now is the perfect time. LETS GO BUFFALO!!!

I agree, apparently Lindy does too, to an extent. WGR just reported that while Kaleta is able to play, Ruff will likely keep the current lineup in tact.

Montador out with concussion symptoms according to BN.

Linky

SUNRISE, Fla. -- The Buffalo Sabres will visit the Florida Panthers on Thursday without Steve Montador, with sources telling The News he is suffering from concussion-like symptoms. The defenseman was injured during Saturday's game against Toronto on a second-period hit by Jay Rosehill. He finished the game but has since failed a neuro-psych test, The News has learned.

Playoff chances up close to 8% with a win tonight.

I assume even with Kaleta back they can keep Byron up. I haven't seen him sent back.

Prolly because Montador is out with concussion. He failed his neuro-psych test.

Only 8%? I haven't been keeping track but it just seems like it would be higher by now.

Only 8%? I haven't been keeping track but it just seems like it would be higher by now.

No, the win would drive the odds of making the playoffs UP by 8% not too 8%. A win coupled with a Carolina loss would bring the Sabres odds of making the playoffs to just over 50%.

very nice teeing up of the game, buff.

(one tiny nit, and it has more to do with my being an insufferable a$s when it comes to grammar: it's Let's Go Buffalo. but, hey, it's not like the same mistake hasn't been made in far more serious ways: linkelage)

go sabres.

very nice teeing up of the game, buff.

(one tiny nit, and it has more to do with my being an insufferable a$s when it comes to grammar: it's Let's Go Buffalo. but, hey, it's not like the same mistake hasn't been made in far more serious ways: linkelage)

go sabres.

Haha, I actually noticed that right after I posted and debated going to back to fix it but figured nobody would notice... then i proceeded to edit the thread numerous times with the Kaleta information and still didn't change it. :doh:

I can't believe I have to pull for Philly tonight. Makes me sick. Buffalo must keep going and not take the foot off the gas pedal. I didn't see this anywhere: any chance of Lalime tonight? Not that I want it to happen.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA. Only chance is if Ryan breaks an ankle in warmups. Wait, maybe I shouldn't jinx that.....

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA. Only chance is if Ryan breaks an ankle in warmups. Wait, maybe I shouldn't jinx that.....

Well statistically speaking, Lalime is better off starting tonight since we are 0-7 when trying to win the 3rd game of a 3 game winning streak.

Hopefully we are able to win the third game in a row.

But i think this oponent only looks like an easy one. We lost two times against the Islanders this season and both times i was sure to defeat them.

So Drew and Thomas show us how easy it can be to score a hattrick.

Go Sabres

Good Night

No, the win would drive the odds of making the playoffs UP by 8% not too 8%. A win coupled with a Carolina loss would bring the Sabres odds of making the playoffs to just over 50%.

That'll be a fun dogfight (Rape and Pillage), and should provide some entertaining hockey (Rape and Pillage), as well as energize the fanbase (Rape and Pillage) to fully support the club (Rape and Pillage) as it comes down to the wire. I hope we can keep it friendly.

That'll be a fun dogfight (Rape and Pillage), and should provide some entertaining hockey (Rape and Pillage), as well as energize the fanbase (Rape and Pillage) to fully support the club (Rape and Pillage) as it comes down to the wire. I hope we can keep it friendly.

You're the Sam to my Son.

Well statistically speaking, Lalime is better off starting tonight since we are 0-7 when trying to win the 3rd game of a 3 game winning streak.

Oh I'm not saying Miller or Lalime should play, I'm simply stating that Miller has played what 30 straight games in a row and there is no chance Ruff changes that plan considering we're not even on a back-to-back situation.

On a further note, I felt like the first month or two of the season we played more games than most teams and everyone seemed to have games in hand on us. Just looked at the standings and the Blues are the only team tied with us for fewest games played. I guess it has been a light couple of months for our Blue and Gold.

Archived