GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

thesportsbuff

Why is there two teams in Florida? It's embarrassing to see that many empty seats. I saw tickets at center ice in the 100s for $13 on stubhub last night. I would much rather have a new rival in Hamilton than all these fake a$$ teams in the south.

Like most pro-sports teams, they don't draw if they don't win. I'm sure many remember the crowds at the Ralph prior to the Super Bowl teams and possibly losing the team. There were more players on the field than fans in the stands. Don't forget, that even during the Hasek years the Rigas family would give away thousands of tickets. I remember getting tickets to a Devils game by simply ordering HBO.

Florida style of play is that known as "###### hockey"--essentially play 3 or 4 guys back like we have a lead, even though we don't but just because we are happy to get one point, then while the other team takes chances try to capitalize with odd man rushes. This all makes for about the worst game of hockey you can watch. No wonder no one wants to go I would be falling asleep if I had to watch this every game. Thank god Buffalo plays with balls.

Like most pro-sports teams, they don't draw if they don't win. I'm sure many remember the crowds at the Ralph prior to the Super Bowl teams and possibly losing the team. There were more players on the field than fans in the stands. Don't forget, that even during the Hasek years the Rigas family would give away thousands of tickets. I remember getting tickets to a Devils game by simply ordering HBO.

The Bills and Sabres aren't winning teams. Prior to this years the bills sold out. Besides, there have never been crowds this small in Buffalo. I don't buy into the concept of "growing the game" by putting these teams in the sunbelt. Florida is only 3 points behind Buffalo, yet no one shows up. Put another team in Ontario or Quebec and fans are going to fill the seats, no matter if they are winning. There is revenue sharing, correct?

The Bills and Sabres aren't winning teams. Prior to this years the bills sold out. Besides, there have never been crowds this small in Buffalo. I don't buy into the concept of "growing the game" by putting these teams in the sunbelt. Florida is only 3 points behind Buffalo, yet no one shows up. Put another team in Ontario or Quebec and fans are going to fill the seats, no matter if they are winning. There is revenue sharing, correct?

Fear of losing teams is a great motivation.

Archived