GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Thrashers lost again yesterday, so we're 8 points out of 8th with 3 games in hand. It sure would be nice to make that 6 points.

The Canes are 3 points out with three in hand. It looks likes Atlanta is falling quickly going 3-7 in their last 10 games.

Tonight should be the equivalent of an empty net goal (didn't want to use the basketball term layup). I think it is pretty safe to say that they have to sweep the points when they play the teams below them to have a realistic chance at the eight spot.

The Canes are 3 points out with three in hand. It looks likes Atlanta is falling quickly going 3-7 in their last 10 games.

Tonight should be the equivalent of an empty net goal (didn't want to use the basketball term layup). I think it is pretty safe to say that they have to sweep the points when they play the teams below them to have a realistic chance at the eight spot.

There are no extra points when it comes to Sabres hockey. :) Especially when it comes to the Coliseum, where the Sabres are just 5-4-1 in their last 10 games.

There are no extra points when it comes to Sabres hockey. :) Especially when it comes to the Coliseum, where the Sabres are just 5-4-1 in their last 10 games.

True. The Sabres have only been 1 game better than the Islanders over the last ten. It would great to see the Sabres come out and just put the Islanders away early. They just don't appear to be that type of team. Maybe a 3-2 or 4-2 win for the Sabres.

Any chance Lalime starts tonight?

Yep only way to get it done.

Only chance Lalime has to see the ice tonight is if Miller looks shaky in the frst 10 and lets in 4 goals.

Islanders have not been an easy out for Buffalo. If this team is serious about making a push I do not want to hear one more time this season we took a team for granted or were not ready for them.

Lace em up and keep it going.

May be the first time in a while we see the oppositions starting goalie.

They better not take this team lightly.

They have no reason to. The Islanders could be accused of taking the Sabres lightly.

But clearly the thought is in their heads, if you read between the lines of their quotes.

Really, when you say "We can't take them lightly," you're saying you're a team that can take another team lightly. That's a ludicrous idea when it comes to the Sabres. Kind of like the Bills saying they can't take the Lions lightly.

The pattern says they are a bet against. Carp's charts work like magic when it comes to the Sabres over the years. This is the 6th time they are bumping against their downward trend line this year, and so far they are 0-5. Sooner or later it may not work, and if they can break it by 2 games they may be making their push, but until told otherwise....smart play is against them today.

The pattern says they are a bet against. Carp's charts work like magic when it comes to the Sabres over the years. This is the 6th time they are bumping against their downward trend line this year, and so far they are 0-5. Sooner or later it may not work, and if they can break it by 2 games they may be making their push, but until told otherwise....smart play is against them today.

Not exactly sure what all of your words are saying, but common sense tells me the Sabres are gonna lay an egg tonight - just because that's how they roll! Even if I had a chance to watch (I don't), I would skip this one...

The Tim Connolly hat-trick? A turnover, lost face-off and an injury.

:lol:

Gray Cloud is just too talented for his apathy to allow him to be this quite for this long. (that sentence hurts my head, for several reasons)

May be the first time in a while we see the oppositions starting goalie.

They better not take this team lightly.

The fact that seemingly every team in the NHL plays their back-up goalie against us should be all the evidence we need to have a fire sale and start the rebuilding process.

Even if we accidentally do make the playoffs as the #8 seed, I'm pretty sure the other teams won't do us a favor and sit their best goalies.

The fact that seemingly every team in the NHL plays their back-up goalie against us should be all the evidence we need to have a fire sale and start the rebuilding process.

Even if we accidentally do make the playoffs as the #8 seed, I'm pretty sure the other teams won't do us a favor and sit their best goalies.

What if this team took last off-season to heart? It doesn't matter what seed you are. It matters what you do in the playoffs.

Archived