GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

The fact that seemingly every team in the NHL plays their back-up goalie against us should be all the evidence we need to have a fire sale and start the rebuilding process.

Even if we accidentally do make the playoffs as the #8 seed, I'm pretty sure the other teams won't do us a favor and sit their best goalies.

Well, I do like a lot of our young players. Luke, Tylers 1 and 2, Gerbe--yes, I think he deserves a chance and I think he will produce--McCormick and Sekera. Not to mention the other two on the Canadian team.

I'd dump Connolly, Pominville if I could, Hecht, Grier, Neidermyer, Rivet and if Stafford demands too much, him too. Oh ya, and Lalime

I think Pagula is walking into a pretty good situation. He should have cap room, so hopefully they can sign someone good, a bunch of good young players and a good goalie--maybe two?

Well, I do like a lot of our young players. Luke, Tylers 1 and 2, Gerbe--yes, I think he deserves a chance and I think he will produce--McCormick and Sekera. Not to mention the other two on the Canadian team.

I'd dump Connolly, Pominville if I could, Hecht, Grier, Neidermyer, Rivet and if Stafford demands too much, him too. Oh ya, and Lalime

I think Pagula is walking into a pretty good situation. He should have cap room, so hopefully they can sign someone good, a bunch of good young players and a good goalie--maybe two?

Agree with all of this. The team sucks right now, but they're a nice fixer-upper. They had two very good drafts in a row in 2008 and 2009, and probably found a couple guys last summer too.

After this year, they don't have any terrible contracts. Vanek and Pominville will still be overpaid, but neither guy is so bad that they actually hurt the team. (Vanek isn't worth $7M/year but he's worth $5M/year. Same thing with Pominville, probably just $2M extra per year. And both players are still capable of having seasons where they earn all that money.) The money is available to add players and to re-sign the good young players we have.

We aren't New Jersey. We can be good again relatively soon.

the last thing this team needs is enroth or lalime in goal tonight. are you people serious? we're about to start easily the most important 5-6 game stretch of the season to date and you guys want to give Miller a rest?

Who stated they wanted to start Lalime tonight?

That said, if you can't star a backup tonight why not just waive him?

You stated they wanted to start Lalime tonight?

It's an interesting scenario. Theoretically the backup should be getting play sometimes. But the schedule has blessed us with almost zero back to backs lately, so it's not as if Miller is being over-pressed IMO.

Also, while Miller certainly hasn't lived up to his new-found "superstar" reputation, he is still the best player on the team and the keystone to any run that we could potentially be on here. You don't bench your best player when you're desperate.

You stated they wanted to start Lalime tonight?

what?? idc who our back up is. id love for them to waive lalime. thats all irrelevant. this is a MUST win game. the next 5 games are MUST win games. we need Miller for all of them. by putting enroth or lalime in we're just handing around more points

what?? idc who our back up is. id love for them to waive lalime. thats all irrelevant. this is a MUST win game. the next 5 games are MUST win games. we need Miller for all of them. by putting enroth or lalime in we're just handing around more points

Can this team make the playoffs with Miller playing every game?

Archived