The Walking Dead

deluca67

I don't know. I don't think this explanation passes. He was limping quite a bit, and he was staring back emotionally before appearing to breakdown just prior to the kidnapping. Maybe he was bitten in the leg they ate, and now he's going to live through it.

I'd think he was bitten on the leg they didn't eat. They'd have to be smart enough to actually see a bite on the leg as they're cutting it off and eating it, right? Anyway, I'm more curious about Gareth's speech to Bob. It sure did sound like they knew Bob well before any of this.

And I'm officially sick of Tyreese's whiny guy act now. The guy he claimed to have killed was there with Gareth. I really wish it had been him instead of Bob because his current storyline sucks. Let's take this cool huge guy with a hammer and make him a ######.

Has Tyreese not killed any humans throughout the show? Or is it more about him not wanting to kill somebody right now?

Possible comic spoilers:

Also, the comics are coming into play big time here. I didn't read them but I've read some overviews. Bob has taken the place of Dale from the comics, though. Because it was Dale that "The Hunters" (Gareth's group in the show) captured and ate the leg of.

I watched the season opener at 8 last night. I haven't watched an episode in probably 2 years. Boy, they've really stepped up the violence since then. It wasn't even remotely this graphic back then. I'm almost positive that if this came out when I was growing up, it would have been rated X. Call me a ###### or old if you must, but I'm probably done watching. I just don't need those images in my head. The stuff I come up with myself is disturbing enough.

I'd think he was bitten on the leg they didn't eat. They'd have to be smart enough to actually see a bite on the leg as they're cutting it off and eating it, right? Anyway, I'm more curious about Gareth's speech to Bob. It sure did sound like they knew Bob well before any of this.

And I'm officially sick of Tyreese's whiny guy act now. The guy he claimed to have killed was there with Gareth. I really wish it had been him instead of Bob because his current storyline sucks. Let's take this cool huge guy with a hammer and make him a ######.

I thought Gareth was referring to the talk they had at the slaughterhouse at the beginning of the first episode.

I don't know. I don't think this explanation passes. He was limping quite a bit, and he was staring back emotionally before appearing to breakdown just prior to the kidnapping. Maybe he was bitten in the leg they ate, and now he's going to live through it.

Has anyone ever lasted that long without getting violently ill/turning?

I thought Gareth was referring to the talk they had at the slaughterhouse at the beginning of the first episode.

Has anyone ever lasted that long without getting violently ill/turning?

Mmm mmm good. Maybe he has some unknown immunity to Being Zombified from the cannibalism ?

assuming he took part in cannibalism when he was with the cannibalistic group.

Edited by bunomatic

I thought Gareth was referring to the talk they had at the slaughterhouse at the beginning of the first episode

It seemed pretty specific to be based off of a 30 second encounter over the trough. Knowing this show, they'll completely forget about this speech only to bring it back 8 episodes later.

Pretty disappointed at the developments at the end. I don't know why this show has to always have the group hunkered down somewhere, with villains lurking outside. The farm, the prison, the boxcar. I was thrilled that they got out of the boxcar so quickly and appeared to be moving on to Washington. I was hoping that Gareth, although clearly not killed by Rick's shot, would perish in the prison (edit: at Terminus) and not become the next Governor.

The one thing I'm intrigued by is whether Rick's leadership will be questioned over not going back to Terminus and finishing off the group there, and over deciding to stay at the church. The red headed alpha male certainly warned about the consequences. Rick vs. Dude would be much better than Rick vs. Gareth.

Edited by PASabreFan

Again, so this is the show with the zombies and people are trying to "kill" the zombies (who are already dead !?!?). Right. Y'all know that zombies ain't real, right? And that showing someone blowing a living human being's head off is horrifying and immoral, but doing it to a zombie is OK 'cause they're already dead (!?!?!). Check.

Also, just so you know, I may be dressing as a zombie for Halloween, so please, don't mistake me for a real zombie (?!?!) and try to blow my head off. My creditors thank you.

:P I'm just pulling y'alls leg(s) - I'm going on vacation tomorrow and feeling a bit giddy....

Pretty disappointed at the developments at the end. I don't know why this show has to always have the group hunkered down somewhere, with villains lurking outside. The farm, the prison, the boxcar. I was thrilled that they got out of the boxcar so quickly and appeared to be moving on to Washington. I was hoping that Gareth, although clearly not killed by Rick's shot, would perish in the prison and not become the next Governor.

The one thing I'm intrigued by is whether Rick's leadership will be questioned over not going back to Terminus and finishing off the group there, and over deciding to stay at the church. The red headed alpha male certainly warned about the consequences. Rick vs. Dude would be much better than Rick vs. Gareth.

Did anyone other than Rick want to go back to Terminus to finish them off? Rick has his "they don't get to live" comment before Glenn talked him out of it. I can't remember if anyone else chimed in at that point.

@ Dennis - I think the priest locked humans (friends?) out of the church during a zombie attack based on the discovery of deep cuts trying to break the window/shutters and the carving of 'you will burn for this' or something along those lines. The one zombie with the glasses he saw must have been one of the humans he had locked out. Question is why?

@ Dennis - I think the priest locked humans (friends?) out of the church during a zombie attack based on the discovery of deep cuts trying to break the window/shutters and the carving of 'you will burn for this' or something along those lines. The one zombie with the glasses he saw must have been one of the humans he had locked out. Question is why?

He had a picture with him and a woman. That was the walker with the glasses.

And if people had the time to carve "you'll burn for this" while being attacked by walkers, I'd say that's a good sign of why they're dead now. Priorities people. Less carving, more running.

I guess I missed the whole Bob backstory somehow. And did they show Bob's leg missing? I kind of thought it was a scare tactic. I will admit to not paying rapt attention to that scene.

Alrighty, upon further review, the leg is clearly missing and there's a freakin' foot on the barbie! I blame this on the Sabres. I have learned to not see while watching horrors.

I watched the last five minutes of the show again. I didn't pick up on some basic cues that were pointed out in here. So the cannibals definitely knew Bob. I'm not sure I can see the scenario where he was bit on the other leg and could somehow do something about it. He is tied up, sitting down and only has 1.5 legs now. Should be interesting to see where they go with that and the preacher.

I watched the last five minutes of the show again. I didn't pick up on some basic cues that were pointed out in here. So the cannibals definitely knew Bob. I'm not sure I can see the scenario where he was bit on the other leg and could somehow do something about it. He is tied up, sitting down and only has 1.5 legs now. Should be interesting to see where they go with that and the preacher.

What were the cues that they knew each other before Terminus?

What were the cues that they knew each other before Terminus?

It was the whole speech from Gareth. One of the specific lines I remember was something along the lines of "it's fitting that you're the one we caught". That and he kept calling him by name. I guess he could have learned it when Bob and co. first got to Terminus and were offered that rack of ribs. We really don't know how long they were there until they were herded into the train.

It was the whole speech from Gareth. One of the specific lines I remember was something along the lines of "it's fitting that you're the one we caught". That and he kept calling him by name. I guess he could have learned it when Bob and co. first got to Terminus and were offered that rack of ribs. We really don't know how long they were there until they were herded into the train.

That does bring up the whole conundrum of Bob knowing Terminus is cannibal central and still allowing his new love to seek shelter there. I think a heads up would have been in order.

That does bring up the whole conundrum of Bob knowing Terminus is cannibal central and still allowing his new love to seek shelter there. I think a heads up would have been in order.

Yeah, that's a giant can of worms. He may have run into them before all of the cannibal stuff started though. He has been with Rick's group for a decent amount of time now.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.