The Walking Dead

deluca67

Remember the well walker in season two? The basic laws of nature/biology don't exist in this world.

Not at all, the way to kill a walker /biter is to go for the brain.... Being underwater for that long would kill any ability for the brain to receive oxygen thus killing the zombie..... But this will be an anomaly, just as shotguns that have 30 shots and a group of people all being sharpshooters for heads jobs.... Can't look at this show as realistic, just take it for the fun ride it is

Not at all, the way to kill a walker /biter is to go for the brain.... Being underwater for that long would kill any ability for the brain to receive oxygen thus killing the zombie..... But this will be an anomaly, just as shotguns that have 30 shots and a group of people all being sharpshooters for heads jobs.... Can't look at this show as realistic, just take it for the fun ride it is

Do zombies breath? I have a feeling they don't have a need for oxygen, just blood and meat.

The guy in the water was obviously a replacement for the Gov's zombie head fishtanks. It also makes me feel like the Gov won't die because then it'd be almost pointless.

Do zombies breath? I have a feeling they don't have a need for oxygen, just blood and meat.

The guy in the water was obviously a replacement for the Gov's zombie head fishtanks. It also makes me feel like the Gov won't die because then it'd be almost pointless.

You hinted at the most obvious example of how they don't need oxygen but you didn't even realize it. All those decapitated heads that are alive as zombies? Yeah, they're clearly not getting oxygen.

Anyway, it's a zombie show. Any realism about what the human body needs to survive and stay in one piece goes out the window the second you accept that concept. So any thoughts of "hey, it would just decompose under water" go out the window right away.

Ha look at me trying to get all medical on the subject of the post apocalyptic zombie invasion, like I know better but I always question and my brain is preprogrammed.

Any who does anyone know how many more seasons the may be and also any idea of how this all ends.... Just in general, not for the season

Ha look at me trying to get all medical on the subject of the post apocalyptic zombie invasion, like I know better but I always question and my brain is preprogrammed.

Any who does anyone know how many more seasons the may be and also any idea of how this all ends.... Just in general, not for the season

Here's a good prediction on how it all ends:

Death

They all get flu shots and live happily ever after.

I thought the whole pandemic was very poorly done. They should have lost at least one central character to it, like Glen/Herschel. Instead they brought a whole bunch of newbies in (akin to red shirt away teams on Star Trek) and killed them off.

Looking forward to Michonne slicing the Governor in two.

Hell they dig enough as it is for bodies and etc..... They could've had a sweet moat by now....

It's gonna be exciting to see who dies tho... I think Glenn is pretty much screwed, antibiotics don't really help a viral infection, maybe a Woodbury survivor kills the governor in a twist.

They got it half right in that episode when they said they needed antibiotics for what appeared to be a viral outbreak, but then later on when Daryl was looking at the list of supplies and he couldn't pronounce one of them, it was "zanamivir" which actually is a flu antiviral.

OK, weren't there air bubbles coming to the surface of the water above the drowned walker?

My thought about the Guvnah keeping walkers around is along the lines of Herschel. He thinks there might be a cure someday. This is one great thing about this show. You can always debate why they do the things they do. Is the Guvnah evil or did he kill off the three guys because they were a danger to the group — one was overzealous, one was too soft and one had no balls.

Edit: I guess he didn't kill off the guy with no balls.

Edited by PASabreFan

Am I the only one that noticed Laurie at the end? Or at least a walker that looked EXACTLY like her?

The wife and I both hollered Ricks wife ! That had to have been her but I watched Talking Dead following the show and as far as I know no mention was made of her.

I think that was the woman Rick met in the woods.

Wasn't Lori, I don't think. They did focus on her, so that's intriguing. I go back to my theory that Carl couldn't shoot his mother and Lori the walker is out there, destined to be reunited at the end after there's some miracle cure, or something.

Just watched the scene again and… maybe it was Lori. But was she wearing a blue jacket when she died? Walkers don't change their clothes do they? Or maybe they do, they get up in the morning and are like, "What to wear? What to wear? Oh, I haven't worn this filthy, tattered rag in years!"

By the way, my son correctly predicted that the Governor's new found love would end up shooting him. And dang if that didn't happen.

I think it would have been a better ending if he was zombie food.

Does your son read the comic book? Lilly did kill the gov'nr in it. I hope hoping his death would be more gruesome. Sad to see Hershel go but that's part if what makes the show good. Not afraid to ax main characters.

Anyone else wonder if the flu was spreading and staying in the group because of the first kids blood cough into the water supply and now that they have left the prison they will be cured? Just thinking out loud.

Does your son read the comic book? Lilly did kill the gov'nr in it. I hope hoping his death would be more gruesome. Sad to see Hershel go but that's part if what makes the show good. Not afraid to ax main characters.

Anyone else wonder if the flu was spreading and staying in the group because of the first kids blood cough into the water supply and now that they have left the prison they will be cured? Just thinking out loud.

No he doesn't read the comic book. I thought for sure Michonne was gonna slice him in two. I was certain of it when he hacked up Herschel. Alas, leaving him as bait was even better.

After what Daryl did, I'm pretty convinced he can't be killed.

Wasn't Lori, I don't think. They did focus on her, so that's intriguing. I go back to my theory that Carl couldn't shoot his mother and Lori the walker is out there, destined to be reunited at the end after there's some miracle cure, or something.

Just watched the scene again and… maybe it was Lori. But was she wearing a blue jacket when she died? Walkers don't change their clothes do they? Or maybe they do, they get up in the morning and are like, "What to wear? What to wear? Oh, I haven't worn this filthy, tattered rag in years!"

couldnt have been lori. she was eaten by a zomball in the furnace room in the prison, then rick killed him.

couldnt have been lori. she was eaten by a zomball in the furnace room in the prison, then rick killed him.

You're right that it wasn't Lori, but they never showed Lori having been eaten. It was strongly implied that she was eaten entirely by that zombie. Not sure how he ate her skull and pelvis etc but its best not to think too hard about these things sometimes. That's one of the frustrating things about this show for me is you can't really try to figure things out when you're never sure how much thinking is too much.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.