[Mildly OT] Broads in the locker room

Sterling Archer

Well, everyone except that poster who has become the first ever person to make it onto my block list. Quite the accomplishment considering how much I hate deluca. ;)

I've never blocked anyone. If that bozo who kept insisting that Bettman was going to go to jail over the Coyotes relocation didn't get me there, I don't think anyone will.

I haven't read any of this thread, and I'm not about to. But I'll leave a morsel.

When considering sexual harassment, consider the most extreme case: rape.

When a rape case goes to court, if the defendant (accused rapist) or the defendant's legal team EVER attempts to use what the victim was wearing as evidence to characterize the plaintiff's behavior (ie, tight shirt, short skirt, ###### pumps, dressing like a slut, etc), it will ALWAYS be thrown out as irrelevant to the case. What a person wears has no bearing on consent to engage in sex. Thereby, what a person wears should not be an invitation for unwanted sexual advances or sexual harassment in a professional environment. The problem in this case was that a professional environment was never established (duh, it's a locker room).

So there's two easy (and not mutually exclusive) fixes:

1) Establishing a professional dress code for reporters working for the Jets/NFL to maintain a professional environment.

2) Declaring the locker room as not an appropriate professional environment for interviews, and requiring all interviews be held in a separate media room.

This broad has a history of showing up to sports events and crossing the line with players. She covered the superbowl in one of her tramp outfits, going around asking guys if she could measure their muscles.....then would feel them up and take a tailors ruler to them.

I have more respect for "normal" looking women in sports because it is fair to say these pretty face types are usually pimping their sexuality for promotion. Booh-hoo.....Erin Andrews was filmed in a hotel....then a year later she's giving it out for free on national TV doing crotch shots in a samba.

Give me a good ol' 180lb woman with a phys-ed degree from Cortland covering my sports team........I want quality and information. If I want to see titties, I'll go to the Downer.

This broad has a history of showing up to sports events and crossing the line with players. She covered the superbowl in one of her tramp outfits, going around asking guys if she could measure their muscles.....then would feel them up and take a tailors ruler to them.

I have more respect for "normal" looking women in sports because it is fair to say these pretty face types are usually pimping their sexuality for promotion. Booh-hoo.....Erin Andrews was filmed in a hotel....then a year later she's giving it out for free on national TV doing crotch shots in a samba.

Give me a good ol' 180lb woman with a phys-ed degree from Cortland covering my sports team........I want quality and information. If I want to see titties, I'll go to the Downer.

If Janet Reno was a sports reporter, this wouldn't be a problem.

U never blocked mommapecoraro? U have thick skin.

I liked the comedic value of mommapecoraro.

The only person I've ever blocked was SabresRepublic. Mainly because reading his posts made me feel like someone was shouting right next to my ears. A sensory reaction I never thought could be elicited from reading typed word.

The only person I've ever blocked was SabresRepublic. Mainly because reading his posts made me feel like someone was shouting right next to my ears. A sensory reaction I never thought could be elicited from reading typed word.

You just lack the skill and apptitude to fully appreciate his posts!

!!!

You just lack the skill and apptitude to fully appreciate his posts!

!!!

Doh! You beat me to it.

I'm not talking about degrading a woman. I'm talking about checking out hott chicks and maybe throwing out a lame pick-up line.

And you act like they were slapping her ass and waving their ###### at her.

I mean hell, if I'm working with another guy and I notice some hott chick, it's frown upon if you don't point it out.

Unless you have some secret video of these players doing something seriously degrading and lewd, I have to stand by my opinion that all this hoop-la is the product of what is an every day occurrence in this country: a person being overly sensitive and screaming they are a victim.

This woman is sticking her nose in front of every camera she can. Why? Because she wants the attention. You don't dress like that and pose half naked in magazines if you don't want attention.

You have sexually harassed someone already, haven't you?

I haven't read any of this thread, and I'm not about to. But I'll leave a morsel.

When considering sexual harassment, consider the most extreme case: rape.

When a rape case goes to court, if the defendant (accused rapist) or the defendant's legal team EVER attempts to use what the victim was wearing as evidence to characterize the plaintiff's behavior (ie, tight shirt, short skirt, ###### pumps, dressing like a slut, etc), it will ALWAYS be thrown out as irrelevant to the case. What a person wears has no bearing on consent to engage in sex. Thereby, what a person wears should not be an invitation for unwanted sexual advances or sexual harassment in a professional environment. The problem in this case was that a professional environment was never established (duh, it's a locker room).

So there's two easy (and not mutually exclusive) fixes:

1) Establishing a professional dress code for reporters working for the Jets/NFL to maintain a professional environment.

2) Declaring the locker room as not an appropriate professional environment for interviews, and requiring all interviews be held in a separate media room.

Agreed! Make it civil and make rules everyone can abide by. Men go into womens locker rooms (despite the naviety of the world) and women go into mens locker rooms. Make it a mandatory dress code to eliminate this issue. Rule help establish standards. Then men in a woman's locker room and vice versa can happen without this crap.

But the chick was asking for it. I mean if you want to be a model then go be a model. Then be the weather girl in the studio. Don't go walking into the locker room like you're looking for an FHM photo shoot.

Basically what I'm trying to say, if chicks wanna walk into a locker room with T&A all out and about, they should be prepared for the consequences.

So this begs the question, do you even allow females in the locker room if you are a coach or front office. They tend to be a distraction. And now with this, you can see the inevitable turn things are taking.

Do organizations impose a dress code for reporters? Do they just kick them out altogether? Does this start to make people who are hiring these women think twice about where they send them?

And do you think the current "LOOK AT ME! I'M A VICTIM" attitude in America (and apparently Mexico) is the only reason this is an issue?

Also, I saw her interview on the Today show crying about it. I laughed at her. While thinking about the terrible things I would do to her.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/462839-ines-sainz-vs-new-york-jets-the-hottest-story-since-erin-andrews

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/16/brian-baldinger-ines-sainz_n_719745.html

1) The term "broad" is degrading. Women are women. Don't prove you're an a$$hole in the title...for future reference, a$$face.

2) Models are never asking for sexual connotations. They are models because people like to look at them, not because they want to hear pro football players who cannot spell or read think she is attractive. Women like men/women with an education and who can read/spell/do math/etc. Clearly, that eliminates most 'professional' athletes.

3) You actually had one brain wave that made sense: let's elminate females in a male locker room and vice versa.

4) So, because she was a model at some point, she sould be subjected to stupid comments? I mean, T.O. and a various asundry of male athletes think it is ok to be almost naked. Yet, female reporters do not make assinine comments about them. Your point is....dumb. While I don't wish evil on someone else, I think you being anally raped without your consent by someone who thought you were 'attractive' because of your dress would be a fitting lesson.

1) The term "broad" is degrading. Women are women. Don't prove you're an a$$hole in the title...for future reference, a$$face.

2) Models are never asking for sexual connotations. They are models because people like to look at them, not because they want to hear pro football players who cannot spell or read think she is attractive. Women like men/women with an education and who can read/spell/do math/etc. Clearly, that eliminates most 'professional' athletes.

3) You actually had one brain wave that made sense: let's elminate females in a male locker room and vice versa.

4) So, because she was a model at some point, she sould be subjected to stupid comments? I mean, T.O. and a various asundry of male athletes think it is ok to be almost naked. Yet, female reporters do not make assinine comments about them. Your point is....dumb. While I don't wish evil on someone else, I think you being anally raped without your consent by someone who thought you were 'attractive' because of your dress would be a fitting lesson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlFADkylhu8

Ah, but this limits the ability of women to be sports reporters, since locker room interviews are part of the job. The real answer is for these morons to keep their mouths shut and be respectful, just like everyone else does.

Ah, but this limits the ability of women to be sports reporters, since locker room interviews are part of the job. The real answer is for these morons to keep their mouths shut and be respectful, just like everyone else does.

Actually, I think the real answer is to make players available before or after showers (clothed), but not somewhere in between.

Only players/coaches/trainers and owners should be in the locker room. America can wait 30 minutes to ask Trent does he think he will be benched...

Archived