Free Agent Frenzy

spndnchz

A Burke type of player.

Paul Hamilton quoted an unnamed Sabres player as saying that Armstrong was one of the biggest pussies in the league and runs away from anybody with any fighting skill; he always picks on the weak players. Bulldog (I believe) remarked back that the same could be said of most Sabres players, but Paul said "not this one." I'm guessing Mair or maybe Rivet.

A lot of them shrink away as well. That's a lot of money for a guy I would put in Kaletta class.

I wouldn't even put him in Kaleta's class. Armstrong throws a big hit maybe every 10-15 games and most of them are boderline. He gives a good effort and really isn't a liability anywhere on the ice, but for 3 million? I forgot to add he's a fan favorite on the jumbotron. That's got to be worth something???

Colby Armstrong has signed a three-year deal with the Toronto Maple Leafs.TSN

$3M annually for a guy who's projected stats are something like 15-25-40 (give or take)?

i'm glad that the sabres have never overpaid like that.

post-760-12780064288311_thumb.jpg

:doh:

EDIT: sorry, shrader.

Colby Armstrong has signed a three-year deal with the Toronto Maple Leafs.TSN

Since the Leafs still need a playmaking centre - to set up Phil Kessel - can we assume that the acquisitions of Kris Versteeg and Colby Armstrong are just the beginning of the moves we may see in Toronto?

Meanwhile, in Buffalo...

$3M annually for a guy who's projected stats are something like 15-25-40 (give or take)?

i'm glad that the sabres have never overpaid like that.

post-760-12780064288311_thumb.jpg

:doh:

EDIT: sorry, shrader.

You gonna be here all night? :thumbsup:

Since the Leafs still need a playmaking centre - to set up Phil Kessel - can we assume that the acquisitions of Kris Versteeg and Colby Armstrong are just the beginning of the moves we may see in Toronto?

Meanwhile, in Buffalo...

We all know what Darcy is doing today, what about the organization. No one has mentioned that Quinn is in Phoenix today?

Can you guys make a separate thread for all the Darcy Regier joke moves instead of cluttering up this one? I'm actually trying to use this as my resource for following the moves around the league.

Will do Dr. Venkman

Malhotra & Colby Armstrong are complete dregs and their agents totally snowed the teams that signed them. I'd rather have any of the current Sabres over those two.

That said, Darcy has some work to do and slots to fill so he'd better get to it.

:doh: See, now, if Darcy had just listened to me last Summer, we could have had him for a fraction of that cost.

He's our Goose. Same money, a bit smaller. Now if Goose played to his ability this year...

Manny Malhotra to Vancouver, 3 yrs / 7.5M no trade AAV 2.5.

There goes one of my picks.

Word on the street: Carlo Colaiacovo has heard from Buffalo Sabres and 3 other teams. I'd be happy with that.

Make that two of us. As I said elsewhere, I would be happy to see Carlo Colaiacovo beside Tyler Myers on the powerplay.

As a Toronto boy - who never did enjoy the fishbowl that comes with wearing a Leafs jersey - Buffalo might be the ideal location for Colaiacovo.

Archived