Trades that actually happened

spndnchz

So in other words, you're not going to answer it? Our picks are a little bit worse and we don't have that d-man to offer. Sure, maybe a guy like Stafford or one of our centers might be a better piece, but who's to say that Florida has any interest in those guy.

Ok, you asked what I would offer, here ya go.

Derek Roy

Sekera/Butler/Weber/Gragnani

1st rd pick

2x 3rd rd picks

That would have been my offer.

Derek Roy

1st rd pick

2x 3rd rd picks

And do we know that Darcy didn't offer something like this? Also, while I like Horton, he isn'r what this team needs in my opinion.

Derek Roy

1st rd pick

2x 3rd rd picks

This line reminds me that our Defense is f'ed after next year unless he gets moving on someone/somewhere.

And do we know that Darcy didn't offer something like this? Also, while I like Horton, he isn'r what this team needs in my opinion.

You would be correct Tom, I don't know, but I do know he accomplishes 0.

I would have liked Horton if Wiess or Frolic were coming with him. x2 on the young dmen we give up. But then again, I was asked, what I would give up, not Darcy.

You would be correct Tom, I don't know, but I do know he accomplishes 0.

I would have liked Horton if Wiess or Frolic were coming with him. x2 on the young dmen we give up. But then again, I was asked, what I would give up, not Darcy.

If he doesn't do anything, I will be right there with you. Its his job to get something done. However, if you are going to take shots at him after every move that is made, expect to be challenged on it.

This line reminds me that our Defense is f'ed after next year unless he gets moving on someone/somewhere.

My thoughts exactly spndnchz. Why not move a couple of them and bring in a PPQB/PMD man. I just do not see Darcy making any significant move, that doesn't mean he won't, but as deals continue to happen, it does mean his options are get a whole lot smaller.

If he doesn't do anything, I will be right there with you. Its his job to get something done. However, if you are going to take shots at him after every move that is made, expect to be challenged on it.

I hear ya, but once again, I wasn't asked what Darcy should have done, I was asked what I would have done.

I keep coming back to one unavoidable truth that no one, not one person can deny, Darcy Regiers overall strategic plan has not worked once for this organization since he has been at the helm as GM. There is something to be said about this and he deserves every shot fired his way.

Only one thing can reduce that environment, Success.

And if Florida likes what they got better than this proposed package or something that Darcy may have offered (if he was ever at the table), is it a missed opportunity? This isn't a simple game of whether or not package X is greater or less than package Y. Each team has different needs and sees players in different ways.

The fun part about this one was that Wideman was the whipping boy for the fans around here in Boston. Now they're going to have to find someone else to whine about. Fans everywhere almost always cry about the defensemen, so Ference would be my bet.

I'm also curious to see where Florida goes now. I'm sure they'd love to unload McCabe, but I can't see many wanting any part of his deal.

I put Boston as the odds on favorite to take the division this up coming season.

I do not believe Buffalo makes the playoffs, just my opinion, but if they do it will be in the 7th or 8th spot.

My opinion will change of course, as teams make moves both now/Draft through Free Agency, but, right now it most certainly appears Boston has the inside track.

Don't despair. Remember Chicago and Philly have players to unload too and we have a trading history with both.

Byfuglien? Versteeg? I don't think the Blackhawks will part with Sharp.

Carter? Coburn?

Basically Boston had more assets then we did regarding Horton. They were holding the better cards and that's all there was to it. Still, I think Darcy will make a couple of significant moves in the next three days.

One thing I think you can count on...Biron will be back.

I put Boston as the odds on favorite to take the division this up coming season.

I do not believe Buffalo makes the playoffs, just my opinion, but if they do it will be in the 7th or 8th spot.

My opinion will change of course, as teams make moves both now/Draft through Free Agency, but, right now it most certainly appears Boston has the inside track.

You hinted at it a bit with your last line, but my god is this one ###### of a premature statement. Things are about to be spiced up quite a bit around the league and your opinion could be changed even before the end of the day. Sit back and enjoy the ride.

The Bruins won the Conference 2 years ago and they will again be right there next season. And they have the 2nd pick in the draft. :angry:

Two forwards, 2 D and a backup goalie to fill with 11 million to spend. Guess what team that is.

Don't despair. Remember Chicago and Philly have players to unload too and we have a trading history with both.

Byfuglien? Versteeg? I don't think the Blackhawks will part with Sharp.

Carter? Coburn?

Basically Boston had more assets then we did regarding Horton. They were holding the better cards and that's all there was to it. Still, I think Darcy will make a couple of significant moves in the next three days.

One thing I think you can count on...Biron will be back.

I don't agree with any of this.

BRUINS GET HORTON.

Good. No idea what the hype is about. I've seen this guy play a dozen times in person and the best word I could use to describe his play is apathetic. And he's getting $14M over the next 3 years. This team needs players with character, heart and toughness....none of which would be used to describe Horton.

Meaning you think it's time to despair?

Meaning I don't think Chicago or Philly will have to make any serious moves to get under the cap. Every year these teams spend and spend and eveyone gets up in arms as to how they did it. I'm calling my shot now, these teams are not in the dire straights we think they are.

I like the decent movement we're seeing so far this year as Free Agency approaches. This could bode well for the Sabres to actually make some moves. I don't remember things picking up this early last year or the year before. But maybe that's just me.

Meaning I don't think Chicago or Philly will have to make any serious moves to get under the cap. Every year these teams spend and spend and eveyone gets up in arms as to how they did it. I'm calling my shot now, these teams are not in the dire straights we think they are.

Oh yes they are...Chicago's financial woes have been well documented and Philly's just got a lot worse with Hamhuis coming on board. Players will fall - trust me.

NYLPA just voted and the cap is going up 5% for next year. $59,640,000 total. Up from $56,800,000. That's 2.84 million more to spend.

You may be correct.

What would you propose to match that package? The picks would be similar but we don't have the veteran defenseman it appears Florida wanted.

Derek Roy

1st rd pick

2x 3rd rd picks

I agree that Roy would have to have been included in order for a Sabres proposal to match or beat Boston's. However, it's quite possible as Shrader notes that Florida might not have wanted another underachieving center in exchange for Horton.

I just do not see Darcy making any significant move, that doesn't mean he won't, but as deals continue to happen, it does mean his options are get a whole lot smaller.

I have a cold feeling in my stomach about this...

I hear ya, but once again, I wasn't asked what Darcy should have done, I was asked what I would have done.

I keep coming back to one unavoidable truth that no one, not one person can deny, Darcy Regiers overall strategic plan has not worked once for this organization since he has been at the helm as GM. There is something to be said about this and he deserves every shot fired his way.

Only one thing can reduce that environment, Success.

Not true. He produced 4 final 4s in 9 years before his bosses kneecapped the team he built.

I know nfreeman, I just consider the Cup the standard bearer for success.

As for that cold feeling, same here. Well, the fingers are crossed and I am still very hopeful something does transpire this off season, but currently, all I see is a Tallinder and Lydman resigning. Thus far, this does not bode well for our up coming campaign.

Archived