Trades that actually happened

spndnchz

It's the other way around. Parent to Nashville, Hamhuis to Philly. Kind of interesting since Nashville originally sent Parent to Philly a few years back in the Peter Forsberg deal.

Of course. Philly also gets a conditional 7th round pick in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft. They may need to shed some bigger salary guys to make the cap.

Of course. Philly also gets a conditional 7th round pick in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft. They may need to shed some bigger salary guys to make the cap.

I think your correct Mbossy. Another deal for Philly or a buy out?

Reports say Chris Mason was looking for 3 years 11.25 million. Also that Halak is looking for 4 mill. I'm not sure if arbitration would give him that much, maybe 3.5. Would Blues sign him for 4 mill per?

I would however take Halak over Mason for the extra 250k per year.

yeah mason is not that good.

I think your correct Mbossy. Another deal for Philly or a buy out?

Briere, Richards, Carter, Gagne, Hartnell? How could the get rid of any of them? If anyone, Carter. He has no NMC or NTC and would save them 4.5 mill in cap space.

Hamhuis' agent thinks he worth more than Volchenkov who would probably get $5-6 million. That leaves 2-3 million for another 2 forwards and a d-man, plus Philly usual problem of goalie.

Arnott to the Devils? The Preds unloading salary to go big in free agency?

I want to confess my man-crush on Lou Lamoriello. The man has one focus, winning a Stanley Cup. We could use a little of that around here. not just at the HSBC but also on this board.

Briere, Richards, Carter, Gagne, Hartnell? How could the get rid of any of them? If anyone, Carter. He has no NMC or NTC and would save them 4.5 mill in cap space.

Hamhuis' agent thinks he worth more than Volchenkov who would probably get $5-6 million. That leaves 2-3 million for another 2 forwards and a d-man, plus Philly usual problem of goalie.

This trade is pretty interesting. Philly essentially gave up on Parent, a young RFA whom they probably could've re-signed pretty cheaply but whom they also benched in the playoffs. They also have Coburn, a good young defenseman (basically their #4 defenseman this year) becoming an RFA on July 1. They probably want to see if they can get Hammy to sign an extension before July 1 -- and if so, maybe they trade Coburn? If they keep both of them, I think it means they're going to go cheap at goalie again.

Arnott to the Devils? The Preds unloading salary to go big in free agency?

I want to confess my man-crush on Lou Lamoriello. The man has one focus, winning a Stanley Cup. We could use a little of that around here. not just at the HSBC but also on this board.

I'd guess the Preds are doing one of their periodic salary purges.

As for posters on this board not being focused on the Cup -- I assure you that everyone here really wants to win the Cup. It's just that not everyone agrees with you on the right way to do it.

This trade is pretty interesting. Philly essentially gave up on Parent, a young RFA whom they probably could've re-signed pretty cheaply but whom they also benched in the playoffs. They also have Coburn, a good young defenseman (basically their #4 defenseman this year) becoming an RFA on July 1. They probably want to see if they can get Hammy to sign an extension before July 1 -- and if so, maybe they trade Coburn? If they keep both of them, I think it means they're going to go cheap at goalie again.

I'd guess the Preds are doing one of their periodic salary purges.

As for posters on this board not being focused on the Cup -- I assure you that everyone here really wants to win the Cup. It's just that not everyone agrees with you on the right way to do it.

Most yes! Everyone? Definitely not. There are those just happy to have a team.

Carter's hit is $5 million for one more season, then he's a RFA. Given his production, size, ability to play center or wing, etc., I doubt that they'd have any trouble moving him.

If price returns to top form, I won't be celebrating. Eller sounds like a player.

Saw him against the US at the worlds.

He has good size, good skater, and is a lot better on the boards than you'd expect from a euro kid his age. In fact, I'd go so far as to say he's exactly the type of player Buffalo could really use, because he does a lot of things really well, without any real obvious weak points in his game.

Has a tendency to stickhandle a little too much, but if he gets that in check and continues to develop the way he has so far, Montreal has a good player on their hands.

The Sharks trade Brad Staubitz to the Wild for a 5th round 2010 pick. Staubitz, 12 fighting majors in 47 games.

And Niedermayer retires. Now there's another 6 million for the Ducks.

Word on the street is Selanne will follow.

Just another missed opportunity from none other than our very own Darcy Regier. :thumbdown:

What would you propose to match that package? The picks would be similar but we don't have the veteran defenseman it appears Florida wanted.

We drafted Wideman. How about THAT opportunity? He's the PP QB we need.

Boston and Florida basically exchanged a forward for a Dman. Same cap hits for both clubs, Boston has a chance to sign a RFA and Florida gets some picks. Seems pretty even to me.

Now Florida has the 3rd and 15th pick in this years draft. Nicely done Mr Tallon.That 3rd pick leaves him the choice of three 6 foot plus dmen scoring roughly .8 PPG or a 6'-3"centerman scoring a point per game.

What would you propose to match that package? The picks would be similar but we don't have the veteran defenseman it appears Florida wanted.

I'll counter this question...............with a question.

What are you proposing Regiers off season moves will be given its a known quantity that this current roster needs more than just tweaking, would it not be unassuming to propose that Buffalo could not match that offer?

Boston and Florida basically exchanged a forward for a Dman. Same cap hits for both clubs, Boston has a chance to sign a RFA and Florida gets late picks. Seems pretty even to me.

Yep, I'll agree, fair value swap, now if Horton goes on a 40 goal, 80+ point tear this season with Savard, it could tilt the scales a little.

I was expecting that to be mentioned. As for the PP QB, he's more of a PP WR. Anyone's numbers are going to take a nice little boost when Chara's on the other side of the ice.

I'll counter this question...............with a question.

What are you proposing Regiers off season moves will be given its a known quantity that this current roster needs more than just tweaking, would it not be unassuming to propose that Buffalo could not match that offer?

So in other words, you're not going to answer it? Our picks are a little bit worse and we don't have that d-man to offer. Sure, maybe a guy like Stafford or one of our centers might be a better piece, but who's to say that Florida has any interest in those guy.

Archived