Chicago Will Be A Dynasty

CallawaySabres

They'd have to find a real sucker to take Campbell and/or Huet off their hands. In addition, Ladd, Niemi and Hjallmarson are all RFA's. Finally, they have 12 mil in new contracts hitting the cap next year with the extensions of Toews, Kane & Keith.

Good luck with the dynasty. :rolleyes:

They'd have to find a real sucker to take Campbell and/or Huet off their hands. In addition, Ladd, Niemi and Hjallmarson are all RFA's. Finally, they have 12 mil in new contracts hitting the cap next year with the extensions of Toews, Kane & Keith.

The same points I made a few days ago as to why they're going to have to trade Kane/Toews/some young talent... funny how when I point it out, it's ridiculous.

The same points I made a few days ago as to why they're going to have to trade Kane/Toews/some young talent... funny how when I point it out, it's ridiculous.

Did I say it was ridiculous or are you just whining that you aren't getting any respect on a stupid message board? :D

It's not you, it's the suggestion that they would trade Kane or Toews instead of Sharp, Bolland, Versteeg or Byfuglien.

It's not you, it's the suggestion that they would trade Kane or Toews instead of Sharp, Bolland, Versteeg or Byfuglien.

Well I know the numbers don't add up exactly, but who's to say that Byf/Versteeg/Sharp/Bolland aren't more important to this team than Patrick Kane??? I think all of them but Versteeg outscored Kane in the Finals.

In my opinion trading Kane to clear cap space allows them to hang on to those four.

The core that they have locked in is as good as any in the NHL so they WILL be dominant for a while. What a lot of teams do is have a team full of roll players and stick in a star or two. Chicago just needs to plug in a few holes each year so they will not be going anywhere anytime soon.

Plus, I would be willing to bet Campbell and Huet get dumped eventually - not traded.....

And if people want an example of how a team will stick with the superstars and move some of the lesser parts, look no further than Pittsburgh. Kane and Toews are going to be there for a long time.

And if people want an example of how a team will stick with the superstars and move some of the lesser parts, look no further than Pittsburgh. Kane and Toews are going to be there for a long time.

That is, of course, unless Bowman and Quinny want wait to see what direction the league is headed.

Ouch.

Well I know the numbers don't add up exactly, but who's to say that Byf/Versteeg/Sharp/Bolland aren't more important to this team than Patrick Kane??? I think all of them but Versteeg outscored Kane in the Finals.

In my opinion trading Kane to clear cap space allows them to hang on to those four.

It's not a matter of opinion -- math questions rarely are. Kane makes $6.3MM, Sharp makes $3.9MM, Boland makes $3.375MM, Versteeg makes $3.083MM and Byfuglien makes $3MM. At most, dumping Kane would, in addition to making them the laughingstock of the NHL, let them keep 2 of those guys.

The most likely outcome is that they give another team a draft pick and/or prospect to get that team to take Huet off their hands, since his $5.625MM per year for the next 2 years is really killing them, and, if necessary, that they unload Versteeg for a pick and/or prospect.

Trading Kane is not gonna happen. You should really give this up and move on.

First, because they have deep pockets and he doesn't have a no movement clause, they can just send Huet down.

Second, they are the new approach to the success, lock up your stars, keep mistakes to a minimum and maximize the assets you may have to trade. Keep recycling the second and third liners, hope you get luck and come up with another young star and you will be fine for a long time.

The cap keeps going up and they have Keith, Toews, Kane and Hossa locked up to pretty cap friendly deals. This isn't like Tampa whenb the cap was only $39 million or so.

In summary, I believe this team will be a dynasty.

Dale Tallon built that team and he got hosed to Bowman could have a job. Tallon has a lot of connections with some of their star players. Now that the Hawks won a Cup I can see a couple of their stars going to the Panthers. The Hawks will be good next year, but they won't be the team they were this year.

First, because they have deep pockets and he doesn't have a no movement clause, they can just send Huet down.

Second, they are the new approach to the success, lock up your stars, keep mistakes to a minimum and maximize the assets you may have to trade. Keep recycling the second and third liners, hope you get luck and come up with another young star and you will be fine for a long time.

The cap keeps going up and they have Keith, Toews, Kane and Hossa locked up to pretty cap friendly deals. This isn't like Tampa whenb the cap was only $39 million or so.

In summary, I believe this team will be a dynasty.

This brings up an interesting point. Will teams w/cap trouble start sending players down to the minors to clear space? It seems to be what is coming for big market teams looking to make room under the cap. The downside is the player has to clear waivers (I believe) and the team is still paying the full contract value even if the player is in the minors. They also run the risk of a backlash from their own players or possible UFAs they want to sign. Not sure if a player with x amount of years in can veto being sent down? I know they can in MLB. But it may be the best option for teams like Chicago and Philly if they can't trade away their bad contracts and don't mind paying full freight for a guy like Brian Campbell to play in the minors.

Player needs to have a no movement clause in their contract. It prohibits the team from waiving or sending them to the minors. It does NOT prevent them from being bought out however. A no trade clause won't stop them from being waived or sent down.

Player needs to have a no movement clause in their contract. It prohibits the team from waiving or sending them to the minors. It does NOT prevent them from being bought out however. A no trade clause won't stop them from being waived or sent down.

Thank you. I wonder how common they are. I remember Philly had to get Briere's permission to send him down for conditioning.

Add another 1.3 million to the salary cap hit for Chicago next year. Toews gets $1.3M bonus for Conn Smythe. Because they're against the cap this year it goes toward next year.

I heard that. I can just imagining their brass going "not Toews or Kane*, not Toews or Kane ... damn, now we'll have to trade someone else away."

(* I assume Kane had a similar potential bonus in his entry contract.)

It would be interesting to see how Regier would handle Chicago's cap issues in the coming season. My guess is that it would be a train wreck just like the Brier,Drury fiasco. He could'nt hold the sabres together and they had'nt won anything. Livin in a cap world is tough. These guys actually have to work for their money now.

Dale Tallon built that team and he got hosed to Bowman could have a job. Tallon has a lot of connections with some of their star players. Now that the Hawks won a Cup I can see a couple of their stars going to the Panthers. The Hawks will be good next year, but they won't be the team they were this year.

They're only going to go their if Chicago trades them. All their "stars" are locked up for at least a few years.

It would be interesting to see how Regier would handle Chicago's cap issues in the coming season. My guess is that it would be a train wreck just like the Brier,Drury fiasco. He could'nt hold the sabres together and they had'nt won anything. Livin in a cap world is tough. These guys actually have to work for their money now.

Uh...apples and kumquats here. Chicago's core is signed and in tact. A couple o minor RFA but nothing to hard to handle. Not to mention, all of the core for them is under 30, most under 25, the Sabres core were all near or at 30.

Archived