Chicago Will Be A Dynasty

CallawaySabres

He was known, but still only as a 20+ goal 50+ point guy, but with some timely scoring and the dreaded "P" word (potential). He didn't have immediate impact on the team. It was a good trade don't get me wrong, but we didn't know that until a couple of years later.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure that not a single person said, "We got Chris Drury?!? I'm gonna go get seasons today." That's the kind of move I want.

drury was definately a known player at the time for being a 2 way player. now when darcy made that trade it wasnt a huge trade, but it was a good one. and since when is 20+ goals and 50+ points a 4th line player? sounds more like a 2nd line player to me.

I know you weren't responding to me but who is relying on him to do anything? We want him to bur I have serious doubts that I will get excited by any of his off season moves.

Agreed. We will see minor moves at best. Another scrap heap d-man and a "character" forward.

That just makes me even more sad. Our significant move is one where we give up all that for a guy who scored all of 53 points the previous season.

On a side note, Roy gets 20 more than that every year and everyone wants to run him out of town.

Rhett Warrener had one good year after the trade, and tailed off pretty quick after that. He played a total of 3 1/2 seasons before being out of hockey. He was at the tail end of a solid but unspectacular career.

Ballard turned out to be the more significant part of that trade.

We still got the better of calgary, though. Drury was a legit player at the time, and needed an opportunity to be the #1 guy to truly flourish. I don't know about the rest of you, but I remember being pretty excited when we picked him up.

• 2 months later...

They'd have to find a real sucker to take Campbell and/or Huet off their hands. In addition, Ladd, Niemi and Hjallmarson are all RFA's. Finally, they have 12 mil in new contracts hitting the cap next year with the extensions of Toews, Kane & Keith.

Good luck with the dynasty. :rolleyes:

The same points I made a few days ago as to why they're going to have to trade Kane/Toews/some young talent... funny how when I point it out, it's ridiculous.

The Salary Cap and Free Agency are the limits. They will have a lot of tough decisions to make going forward but I do agree this is a pretty strong group if it can be kept together.

Looks like they made out just fine. Huet is off to Europe, Blackhawks under the cap. Looks like the dynasty will be in tact. Good for them.

Looks like they made out just fine. Huet is off to Europe, Blackhawks under the cap. Looks like the dynasty will be in tact. Good for them.

Until someone gets hurt and they have to rely on Viktor Stalberg, Fernando Pisani, and Jack Skille to carry the team.

How is this move any less of a "circumvention of the cap" than the Kovi contract?

I believe they could have put him in the minors also for the same purpose of getting him of their cap. This way though they also save some money as I'm sure the Swiss team will be paying some of his salary.

Archived