GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Well if any good comes from this I think Stafford has to have played his last game in a Sabres uniform.

You think wrong. The last time Darcy made a bold trade was when we traded Warrener and Ballard to get Chris Drury. That was 2003.

If you want some of these guys off the team, you'd better just wait until their contracts expire. Or until their value is low enough that we will just settle for a draft pick for them.

I told my son that Satan would win it before the PP. I also told him, he's 11, that they are the type of penalty that kill a team.

Bottom line. We played great tonight and lost. Miller let in a softie to allow it to be tied. He doesn't have to make miraculous saves if he makes that save.

Our PP has zero goals. That will not cut it. Clearly you cannot go 4 games without a PP goal.

especially if other team gets more PP chances than u do ya gotta make one of the two count

Done like dinner. I was thinking Boston in 6 but now I'm thinking they'll just finish it off Friday. How can you blow a lead in 3 consecutive games? I would also consider trying to re-sign Grier. But, I'm not sure if he'll want to come back again.

i don't get this dude.....they just played their balls off tonight....do we really need to clean house and start over, and with who? there is definitely some housecleanign that needs to be done, and we are gonna need a few different type of players, but do we realy want to start over?

besides...is this series over? you still have to win 4 games...

It's called 39 years of watching the same Sabres frustrate the heck out of the fans while other teams make front office, coaching and player moves to make legitimate cup runs.

Next up, the Nix/Gailey era, starting tomorrow night.

Done like dinner. I was thinking Boston in 6 but now I'm thinking they'll just finish it off Friday. How can you blow a lead in 3 consecutive games? I would also consider trying to re-sign Grier. But, I'm not sure if he'll want to come back again.

But on the bright side, we'd never have to see the Slug again.

Too many men on the ice in overtime is inexcusable.They deserved their fate in this game.Played hard enough to win but made a bonehead move to lose it.Face it fans,it just is'nt in the cards for this regime to win a cup in Buffalo.Changes will be made in management regardless of the success they've had this year.If changes are'nt made at some level in management the only way to send a message is to stop buying tickets to the game.Show your displeasure Buffalo.

You think wrong. The last time Darcy made a bold trade was when we traded Warrener and Ballard to get Chris Drury. That was 2003.

If you want some of these guys off the team, you'd better just wait until their contracts expire. Or until their value is low enough that we will just settle for a draft pick for them.

Maybe, but that's assuming that Darcy is the GM making those calls this summer.

His ###### should be in the press box on Friday.

Well it was a heck of an effort by everyone tonight. However, effort alone doesn't get it done. When your top line players are consistently being muscled off the puck and manhandled, it's time to get some new top line players. I know I'm not the only one who thought that resigning Connolly wasn't a good idea and hindsight is obviously 20/20. But folks, we knew that this is the way he performed in big moments, the disappearing act is getting old. Now we're on the hook for another year. The series isn't over. Playing in Buffalo after a draining game like this with travel included is definitely an advantage for Buffalo. However, at a certain point it's time to admit that the "core" is too small and too carefree to become a significant team in the playoffs.

Too many men on the ice in overtime is inexcusable.They deserved their fate in this game.Played hard enough to win but made a bonehead move to lose it.Face it fans,it just is'nt in the cards for this regime to win a cup in Buffalo.Changes will be made in management regardless of the success they've had this year.If changes are'nt made at some level in management the only way to send a message is to stop buying tickets to the game.Show your displeasure Buffalo.

I agree, but there's no way that will ever happen...

He can go away for all I care if he's going to play like he did at the end there -- just saw the reply of the GWG on NHL On the Fly and Grier just stood there and watched while Satan floated in and scored. :death:

I told my son that Satan would win it before the PP.

I also pegged Satan as the one who would gladly stick the dagger in and twist.

The Bruins have taken advantage of Miller's aggressiveness in the series.

It'll be interesting to see who gets fingered on the too many men penalty. Lindy took the blame for one a few weeks ago.

Seemed based on his reaction it seemed fairly clear to me that Staff was at fault, but then again I have no idea what Lindy was yelling.

The Bruins have taken advantage of Miller's aggressiveness in the series.

It'll be interesting to see who gets fingered on the too many men penalty. Lindy took the blame for one a few weeks ago.

And it's funny, too, because I can't ever remember feeling like that about Miller before this series. He doesn't seem to remember when it's better to stay between the posts and make himself big.

sorry man, i can't give up faith now....i just thought they played too damn hard tonight.

we have been pushed around and BOS is more physical, but we will lost this series b/c of special teams. You have to score a few PP goals in the playoffs, especialy in tight games...

It's hard to score PP goals when you have absolutely no one to stand in front of the net and screen the goalie. This team is a bunch of munchkins with no heart.

I say Linday is gone, but TG will keep DR and LQ I'm sure. Time to build from the ground up, and I don't mean all these players that are close to the ground. I would keep Myers and well I guess that's it. Anyone should be fair game. Miller's softies really come at the worst times.

Maybe, but that's assuming that Darcy is the GM making those calls this summer.

His ###### should be in the press box on Friday.

You think our owner is going to emerge from the witness protection program to shake up the front office right after we won the division?

VERY doubtful. This summer is going to be all about selling the division title, selling the team's 40th anniversary, and selling the new uniforms. They aren't going to admit that they have a program at the top.

If they're smart, they'll bring in some new players to be excited about. But that's unlikely seeing as how they NEVER make big trades, or even interesting ones really. (Their hand is usually forced when they do make a deal.)

So Lindy a power play isn't going to break through? :censored:

Their power plays been bad for a few years now. Either get some new coaches or some new players. My take, Lindy Ruff isn't telling Tim Connolly or Derek Roy to hold onto the puck for 10 seconds each before they promptly turn the puck over. That type of stupid hockey is on them.

I spotted Tim Connolly on a milk carton tonight and called it in - so maybe we'll see him Friday.

In a perfect world, we'd never see him in a Sabres uniform again. But knowing the Sabres, he's playing here until his contract expires at the end of next season.

Connolly is all about cashing a fat paycheck and not getting hurt again. If anything else happens, that's just a bonus for him.

He can go away for all I care if he's going to play like he did at the end there -- just saw the reply of the GWG on NHL On the Fly and Grier just stood there and watched while Satan floated in and scored. :death:

Only after he made a half-hearted attempt to spike the puck away as Ryder entered the zone. Shameful. And I love Mike Grier.

Archived