GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Right now the Sabres are 3 in the East, but control their own destiny to finish 2nd because they play the Devils in the final game of the season.

Against a desperate Rangers squad, we used the "Treat this like a playoff game" mentality. No reason we shouldn't do the same against an equally desperate Bruins team tonight.

Well, yeah ... for Boston. ;)

At this point, 2nd/3rd, I don't really care. I'm camping a defenseman by Miller's side to keep him from getting run. Everything else is just gravy.

With one more victory, Miller will set a career high...

Well, yeah ... for Boston. ;)

At this point, 2nd/3rd, I don't really care. I'm camping a defenseman by Miller's side to keep him from getting run. Everything else is just gravy.

THIS.

No reason the forwards can't focus on and practice the defensive system. I would really like to see them eliminate the defensive zone collapses of late that allow 4 on 1's like Gaboriks shot the other nite. Unless of course we are just practicing Miller at making ridiculous saves.

My guess is a tight checking, low scoring 2-1 game that could go either way.

For some reason I see this being a scorefest. Don't know why; I guess I believe the Sabres will play loose, and Boston is desperate. Could create a lot of odd man chances both ways.

I'll take the Sabres 5-4.

the only thing i really care about is staying healthy. Thats it. everything else is icing on cake.

Absolutely.

The B's play a close-knit defensive style, much like teams do in the playoffs. Plus they're desperate too, because this is basically the playoffs for the Boston team. This is a good game again to hone a playoff-type style, so I'm hoping to not see the second D-man breaking forward at every single rush up the ice.. this is what results in mad scrambles and odd-man rushes coming back Miller's way, and injuries more often than not come from situations like this.

Here's to a franchise record and career-best 41st win for Miller tonight.. Go Sabres! :ph34r:

The Bruins played very well the other night in Washington, and I thought they were very unlucky to lose. Whether or not they can repeat the same performance two games in a row, I guess we'll see. I think this one will be a close one. My heart says Buffalo, my head says Boston only because of the position they're in.

Seidenberg out for the year for Boston and Chara will play with a broken nose suffered on Monday...

What are the chances that both a guy who is 6'9" and a guys who is (at best) 5'4" would be playing with broken noses in the same NHL game?

Hecht out for the rest of the regular season.

LaLime getting the start tonight.

Whoa not so fast, what happened there ? I for one think he has been playing some of his best hockey to date and would be concerned if he is there for the playoff's.

I'm sincerely hoping that Hecht is only out because the rest of the reg season boils down to 4 days off before playoff prep starts. I am thinking this is a creative way to get hecht some rest and mancari some work before the playoffs. I'd really hate to have a 75% hecht taking the spot of a 100% mancari/gerbe/ennis during the playoffs. Knowing lindy though, I'm thinking hecht is banged up a little and this is an excuse to use an emergency call up. Either way, GO SABRES!

Hecht out for the rest of the regular season.

LaLime getting the start tonight.

Rats, regarding Hecht. I really hope he's just getting some rest and not seriously banged up in any way. 21 goals, 42 point effort this season from Jochen, with a +14 rating to boot...a lot better than most of us were expecting, that's for sure.

EDIT: Would you believe that Hecht is +89 for his career, better than any other current Sabre? By comparison, Connolly is a -31.

Only one goal away from matching his career high 22 goals.

I checked his TOI from the last game and he played the whole game right to the end. Must be a bad bruise or something. Hey wait! Just remembered. Didn't he take a slapshot from (I think) Pominville in the back during the Rangers game? I'm pretty sure of this.

I checked his TOI from the last game and he played the whole game right to the end. Must be a bad bruise or something. Hey wait! Just remembered. Didn't he take a slapshot from (I think) Pominville in the back during the Rangers game? I'm pretty sure of this.

I seem to remember that, I guess the "maintenance day" was used to see how bad the damage really was.

POMINVILLE, YOU INGLOURIOUS BASTERD!

Now I remeber Harry or RJ said Pominville hit him in the arse(buttocks) with a slapper. I remember laughing/thinking out loud I expected that from some other Sabres not Jason. No real padding there other than what you already carry around.

Lets hope sitting on nice cold six pack for a weekend takes the pain away.

I also like Corp's idea of Lindy being creative here to get mancari sized up for what he could bring/deliver for the playoffs, if they go a couple rounds somebody will be needed somewhere along the way.

Archived