GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

I love the pace of hockey post olympics. They should take a two week break every year. March has been fantastic.

So the big question here, and a pretty telling one I think, is whom does Lindy put in goal. The fan favorite, Patrick Lalime, or the 'I didn't even need a show after the Florida game', Miller?

If it isn't Lalime tonight, he is done for the playoffs.

I love the pace of hockey post olympics. They should take a two week break every year. March has been fantastic.

So the big question here, and a pretty telling one I think, is whom does Lindy put in goal. The fan favorite, Patrick Lalime, or the 'I didn't even need a show after the Florida game', Miller?

If it isn't Lalime tonight, he is done for the playoffs.

No reason not to come back with Miller. He barely had any work last night. Keep the momentum going into the playoffs. Give Lalime the final game of the season.

No reason not to come back with Miller. He barely had any work last night. Keep the momentum going into the playoffs. Give Lalime the final game of the season.

I'd rather Miller played Saturday in Montreal, he has been very good there.. it'd be more fun to break their hearts with a win there especially since they are contending for a playoff spot. Give Lalime the Laleaves today.

There's no reason to treat this game unlike one played during the first week of the season. Nothing has been clinched, and getting both the division and potential #2 seed are so important. Unless Miller is tired, you play him. The guy only faced 15 freaking shots last night.

So, am I correct in thinking that if we win, and Ottawa loses in regulation, then we win the division tonight?

There, now you are correct.

If the Sabres were to win tonight and then lose out the rest of the season, while Ottawa were to lose tonight in OT/SO, then go on to win out their season, the Sens would get the Division by the 46 vs. 44 wins tiebreaker.

I'd prefer to see Lalime tonight.

Why?

I don't understand the "get Miller rest" thing at this point in the season. Is it going to make a difference whether he plays 5 vs. 6 games through the end of the RS?

Isn't it important to try and get that #2 seed and home ice?

Why?

I don't understand the "get Miller rest" thing at this point in the season. Is it going to make a difference whether he plays 5 vs. 6 games through the end of the RS?

Isn't it important to try and get that #2 seed and home ice?

#2 is important but not more important than having miller healthy and rested for the playoffs. THats far more important.

Miller needs to go tonight and the Sabres need to go for the #2 seed. It's meaningless stat time! Since the lockout the Eastern conference champs are as follows..

2006 Canes #2

2007 Ottawa #4

2008 Pens #2

2009 Pens #4

I'd like to see them get to #2 and keep that trend alive....

Well the Sabres can have the best of both worlds if they keep winning against these cupcake teams. Clinch the #2, then rest Miller for the last couple games.

When they clinch the second spot, though, I don't see how, realistically, there will be a couple of games left. Barring the Sabres almost winning out and both Pittsburgh and New Jersey slumping badly.

I'd prefer to see Lalime tonight.

I went back and forth on this thought with the sew it up now then rest him later mentality but do agree with this for the following reasons;

-I think the remaining schedule vs what the Pens and Devils have left would make it such they would have to play miller right to the last game and that IMO is not a good way to get him to be ready for a long playoff run.

-As much as this pains me to say it you do need to have your 2nd string goalie ready just in case.

-This is an opportunity for the rest of the team (other than the goalie) to actually practice carrying the play and work to improve the scoring 5 on 5 and PP with assumption you will need 3 or more to win with said backup.

-Wilson clearly stated last game to score/win maybe they needed to run Miller more and I do not want to take that chance this late in the season.

For tonights game, the Leafs have been playing good hockey and we have not in 2nd of back to backs so this is a good test for the rest of the team to respond to playing a good road game in a back to back with a motivated opponent looking to break our winning streak against them.

Go Sabres.

When they clinch the second spot, though, I don't see how, realistically, there will be a couple of games left. Barring the Sabres almost winning out and both Pittsburgh and New Jersey slumping badly.

kinda thought that went without saying :rolleyes: but exactly

Totally agree!!! Miller is our bread and butter. Until the 2nd seed is NO longer attainable Patrick should watch and learn - and be supportive , which I am sure he is!

GO BUFFALO SABRES!!!

For tonights game, the Leafs have been playing good hockey and we have not in 2nd of back to backs so this is a good test for the rest of the team to respond to playing a good road game in a back to back with a motivated opponent looking to break our winning streak against them.

+1. I just checked and realized that Toronto has won 6 out of their last 8 home games and 8 of their last 12 overall. This will be a tougher game than the last few.

Miller needs to go tonight and the Sabres need to go for the #2 seed. It's meaningless stat time! Since the lockout the Eastern conference champs are as follows..

2006 Canes #2

2007 Ottawa #4

2008 Pens #2

2009 Pens #4

I'd like to see them get to #2 and keep that trend alive....

Totally agree and my supporting basis:

In the world of trading more often than NOT:

The trend is your friend!

GO BUFFALO SABRES!!!

Hello everybody!

I am new to the forum, and am looking forward to being a member! :)

I'm going to the game in Toronto tonight, but I haven't been able to find who is starting in goal for us tonight. I've tried pretty much every website I can think of. I'm thinking it might be Lalime since Miller played last night.

#2 is important but not more important than having miller healthy and rested for the playoffs. THats far more important.

You failed to answer my question. How does Miller playing 5 instead of 6 games from here on out get him "healthy and rested" for the playoffs?

Archived