GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Hello everybody!

I'm going to the game in Toronto tonight, but I haven't been able to find who is starting in goal for us tonight.

Based on this blog entry, Lindy will be speaking to the media at 5PM. Maybe he will reveal the goalie at that time.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2010/04/division-clinching-night.html

How soon will it be when these desperate teams, like Montreal start to take cheap runs at Miller? It always happens and of course there is no one there to protect Ryan. Hopefully Montador is on the ice if this happens. I could even see Toronto taking a run or two at him just because he is Miller and well, Toronto is Toronto and has nothing to lose. This teams needs some muscle in the lineup for the stretch run and especially once the division is clinched. But, where is that muscle going to come from? cause the Sabres don't have any.

Hello everybody!

I am new to the forum, and am looking forward to being a member! :)

I'm going to the game in Toronto tonight, but I haven't been able to find who is starting in goal for us tonight. I've tried pretty much every website I can think of. I'm thinking it might be Lalime since Miller played last night.

Welcome to the forum. I'm pretty sure Ryan Miller is starting. I don't think it's been confirmed but i heard the fan 590 in Toronto said he would be. Not sure if their speculating or if they have someone on the inside who knows....

How soon will it be when these desperate teams, like Montreal start to take cheap runs at Miller? It always happens and of course there is no one there to protect Ryan. Hopefully Montador is on the ice if this happens. I could even see Toronto taking a run or two at him just because he is Miller and well, Toronto is Toronto and has nothing to lose. This teams needs some muscle in the lineup for the stretch run and especially once the division is clinched. But, where is that muscle going to come from? cause the Sabres don't have any.

Here's the problem. How do you protect any goalie from being run? I think what you're talking about is retribution, but it comes after the horse is out of the barn. Short of putting the Secret Service around a goalie, if the opposing coach wants to make the strategic decision to run the goalie, it really can't be stopped.

Here's the problem. How do you protect any goalie from being run? I think what you're talking about is retribution, but it comes after the horse is out of the barn. Short of putting the Secret Service around a goalie, if the opposing coach wants to make the strategic decision to run the goalie, it really can't be stopped.

You speak the truth, oh wise one.

The problem is that when teams continuously take these "runs" or as they like to say "get traffic in front of" certain goalies and they see that nothing is being done by said team in defense of said teams goaltender, then why not keep doing it? Until said team runs the opposing teams goalie or takes a stance against their goaltender getting "run" it's going to keep happening. Biron would always have to stand up for himself. I watch a lot of Devils games, and Brodeur doesn't seem to have this problem nearly as much as a Miller or Biron does. He may get a douchebag like Avery dancing in front of him, but rarely does he get run. Miller could be part of the problem as well, as he rarely goes after anyone who takes a shot at him. I mean why doesn't he? He won't get kicked out of the game, he might incur a minor penalty at the most. Remember guys like Hextall, Billy Smith, Roy? If you got in their space, you knew it. Old Time Hockey!!!

Totally agree!!! Miller is our bread and butter. Until the 2nd seed is NO longer attainable Patrick should watch and learn - and be supportive , which I am sure he is!

GO BUFFALO SABRES!!!

Looking at Ottawa's remaining schedule, they could easily win all their remaining games and play us in their finale. Miller it is...

oof

Miller:"I've fallen and I can't get up."

I've never seen him so confused in my life. This might end up getting ugly if they keep up this play.

And as I type, Monty stopped watching the Zhitnik instructional videos on how to hit the net.

Why is Miller so great on breakaways and seems to struggle so much in shootouts. Is it just a simple question of being able to use "the book" on Miller during shootouts? Of course, I guess having your choice of shooters helps, but Miller seems so much more solid on breakaways.

GO SABRES!!!

Archived