We're all Sabres fans, but...

Sabre Dance

We are all Sabre fans (natch), but if the Sabres tank down the stretch OR if they bow out of the playoffs early:

What team do you like for the Cup?

What team would you support in place of the Sabres?

Yeah, I know we're all hoping the Sabres put it all together and go deep in the playoffs, but it doesn't hurt to have a backup plan....

I cheer for no other team and my lack of interest in the playoffs drops dramatically without the Sabres being part of it. Much like New Orleans winning the SB for the first time(while the Bills are still 0 for 50 years), it would kill me if Vancouver who came into the league at the same time as the Sabres won a Cup before the Sabres. :sick:

I'm a fan of good hockey. If the Sabres get knocked out, I have other squads I root for.

I've always had a soft spot for Detroit. I love their puck possession style.

And on a side note, the best games I've seen this season haven't involved the Sabres.

All right I am a Sabres fan but I can change I guess, if I have too.

Since my children were all born here now and have naturally become Penguin fans along with the rest of Shitzburg I would have to root for the most anti crosby/canadian team in the playoff's the Caps.

Isn't it ironic that our nations capital hockey team is remake of the russians are coming.

When I was a wee one, I didn't have a strong sports role to steer my team selection, so I picked based on the uniforms that I liked. As such, I was a Blackhawks fan. I later became an Amerks fan and, finally, a Sabres fan. However, I still like the Blackhawks ... when they're not playing the Sabres.

Funny thing is that I like the Wild, too, and I think it's because they have the best jerseys (home and third, anyway.)

Hard to say, often its not what teams I like that will dictate who i'm rooting for but rather what teams I hate. I suppose I might be pulling for the Blackhawks since my buddies are all hawks fans... but I don't know. I know there are definitely teams that I DONT want to win the cup.

I will root for no other team, but if I had to watch with some interest, it would be Washington. Being that Hershey is so close to here, and I see a ton of their games, it's kind of neat to see a lot of the guys we watch in the AHL make it in the NHL.

I order the center ice package each season because I love the game of hockey. But, i only root for one team, the Sabres. When i watch games on center ice, i stay away from boring/annoying broadcasts, such as Nashville telecast, but will watch the best game of the night or a random Canadian feed game.

+1.

I spent 18 yrs in San Jose and was an inaugural season ticket holder at the Cow Palace. I voted on the logo, which usually places in the top ten of any NHL logo survey.

San Jose Sharks, mostly just because my cousin grew up there and is a big fan. I also really like a lot of their players the last few years.

I find it hard to think about supporting any other team.Supporting these guys is all I've ever known but due to my proximity to Vancouver I will support them if and when the sabres are no longer in it.Oddly enough during the season I get a huge kick seeing the canucks lose.Probably because all you hear or see around here is canucks news.There's an ad that says 'we are all canucks'and it drives me nuts.We are definately NOT all canucks!

We are all Sabre fans (natch), but if the Sabres tank down the stretch OR if they bow out of the playoffs early:

What team do you like for the Cup?

What team would you support in place of the Sabres?

Yeah, I know we're all hoping the Sabres put it all together and go deep in the playoffs, but it doesn't hurt to have a backup plan....

I usually just stay interested till the Sabres are out of it..The past few yrs that has been inmy mind around january..lol..I stay interested till I realize they have no chance to win the cup...

I can't believe the amount of people that lose interest after the Sabres get knocked out :unsure:

Most of the best hockey played in this league doesn't involve the Sabres.

I'd highly recommend watching as many playoff games as possible. You get to see the best teams in the league go at it, and gain a fresh perspective into just how well the game of hockey can be played.

I can't believe the amount of people that lose interest after the Sabres get knocked out :unsure:

Most of the best hockey played in this league doesn't involve the Sabres.

I'd highly recommend watching as many playoff games as possible. You get to see the best teams in the league go at it, and gain a fresh perspective into just how well the game of hockey can be played.

Actually most of the best hockey is played at the world Juniors, under 20....... :thumbsup:

Outside of the Sabres there are only players, not teams, that I like. If Buffalo didn't have a team or whatever, I have no idea who I would root for. I like a lot of the Islanders young players, and at least they're in NY, but regardless it just wouldn't be the same. I'd probably stop watching altogether aside from the playoffs.

Actually most of the best hockey is played at the world Juniors, under 20....... :thumbsup:

great point...the World Juniors are amazing. i can't wait to get back to BUffa for that weekend next year when WNY will be hosting.

the best hockey is in the playoffs though - it doens't matter the match-up. guys take it to a different level, no matter the matchup.

that said, my rooting interest (non-Sabres of course) would based on following; hockey followng in that city, local boys, uni, and tradition - would would make me a Blackhawks fan for the 2nd season..

When the Sabres are out, I root for teams in this order:

Canadian teams not from Ontario.

Original Six teams not from New York, Mass., or Michigan (that leaves one, yes, I know).

Certain cities with serious interest in hockey--not lately, but historically--like Saint Louis, Saint Paul, Denver (the Avs are recent, but remember UD).

The Devils. Something about Schony still sticks with me, and I do like Brodeur.

The Leaves. Yes, the Leaves. It's better than what follows.

Then Boston. Same deal.

Teams from Michigan that realize that their fans are bandwagoners who didn't give a damn until the mid-90s. Oh. There aren't any.

Teams that will I never root for, and therefore are excluded, are listed below:

--Teams from the capital of Canada

--Any team below the Mason-Dixon and not identified above (yes, I know this includes the Caps, the 2000 fans they had in 1998, and the 200,000 fans they have now)

--Teams in Pennsylvania and Ohio. (Really, do we need separate states for these?)

--Teams in New York State other than the Sabs.

--Teams from Michigan that really think that fans cared in the 70s, 80s, and early 90s.

I moved to Nashville last summer and bought a partial season ticket package to the Predators just so I could see some live NHL hockey. Now the Preds are growing on me even though I swore that I could never root for them. They're still a distant second to the hometown Sabres though.

Archived