What do we think of Zack Kassian?

Cage

This one needed a fresh thread...

Matt Barnaby at his best or Brian Cox at his worst??

I love the fire, but will he able to control it? As I see some of the incidents, I'm wondering if this guy can keep himself and the team in crucial situations out of trouble... Brian Cox was our best teammate back in the glory years! Could always be counted on to do something mindless in a crucial situation to hand the Bills the game

I'm going to hijack this thread as it's original intentions are...strange.

I think at best he becomes Bertuzzi (huge reach), at worst he's the next Brad May. While I wouldn't advocate NHL teams using 1st round draft picks on 3rd line thugs, the Sabres are so lacking in this department, I can excuse it this once.

I think at best he becomes Bertuzzi (huge reach), at worst he's the next Brad May. While I wouldn't advocate NHL teams using 1st round draft picks on 3rd line thugs, the Sabres are so lacking in this department, I can excuse it this once.

Unfortunately on the first day of his first Sabres training camp the team doctors will castrate him like they do every player with any toughness that comes to the organization.

Actually ar worst he is nothing. People talk like its a given that he is an NHL'er.(Don't mean you). Player development is just that, development. There is no guarantee that Tyler Myers gets any better, although he looks like the real deal in spite of his recent struggles. In the end, in spite of what some might think, no one really knows how a player will, or even if. mature.

Actually ar worst he is nothing. People talk like its a given that he is an NHL'er.(Don't mean you). Player development is just that, development. There is no guarantee that Tyler Myers gets any better, although he looks like the real deal in spite of his recent struggles. In the end, in spite of what some might think, no one really knows how a player will, or even if. mature.

You're right that he is not a given, but tell me you wouldn't be shocked if he didn't turn out to be a solid 3rd or 4th liner. If you were talking about Dennis Persson, that would be a different story.

Pretty tame fight if you ask me. Looked like Kasian held back and mostly wrestled the guy. Too early to make a decision either way. But if the guy can shoot, I will take him over Stafford any day.

Speaking about the fight, as i posted in another thread, the guy Kassian fought Dylan King, is considered to be the best fighter in the OHL and leads the OHL this season with 27 fighting majors. For Kassian to even drop the gloves against him and look some what decent, just shows his strength IMO.

The ceiling is super high for Kassian. That's why he was a first round pick. He may end up being like a Brad May as Inkman mentioned, but, Nazem Kadri could turn out as a Marek Zagrapan too. The potential is there for Kassian. I remember i watched the CHL Prospects game last year when Kassian played, among other stars, because i knew Buffalo would get a high pick, and their experts from TSN said Kassian reminded them of Jerome Iginla.

This season, despite missing 20 games, is a massive test for him. He is on the most loaded team in CHL. They are favorites in the OHL playoffs and their ultimate goal is the memorial cup. We'll see if Kassian can raise his game and what type of games he will have down the stretch?

You're right that he is not a given, but tell me you wouldn't be shocked if he didn't turn out to be a solid 3rd or 4th liner.

I wouldn't be shocked at all. There are a heckuva lot more washouts that get drafted in the middle of the 1st round than there are solid NHL players.

So are we all talking about Kassian in this thread now rather then the "Kassian traded to Windsor" thread? Is this like moving the party to another kids house to keep the losers from showing up? Guess you'll have to move again.

Kassian should be a solid 3rd line RWer, but, as some one else pointed out, he needs to learn control issues. This kid will not crack the roster for the big club next season, to many maturity issues. I'd say 2 years, maybe 3 if he makes the big club at all.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived