GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

T.Rask in goal for Boston. I was just in the car and Bob Beers (covers Bruins) was on 590 the fan and said Boston has been playing very well as of late and they think this is a very winnable game.

They beat Montreal, and were downright unlucky to lose in a shootout to Vancouver the other day.

The Sabres need to get their heads out of their collective behind if they are to get anything from this game.

I don't get it. In my mind, they are the same exact player.

I guess I just like Ellis better. Plus Lindy seems to have more confidence in Ellis when he does play. Last 5 games TOI Ellis: 10:13, 7:33, 10:18, 15:12 & 11:22 vs Mair: 10:28, 2:14, 7:21, 3:43 & 10:28.

I guess I just like Ellis better. Plus Lindy seems to have more confidence in Ellis when he does play. Last 5 games TOI Ellis: 10:13, 7:33, 10:18, 15:12 & 11:22 vs Mair: 10:28, 2:14, 7:21, 3:43 & 10:28.

I agree with you. I like Ellis much more then Mair. Mair can make the big hit, although rare, but other then that i like Ellis in almost any aspect of the game. Ellis reminds me of a Kirk Maltby from the great Red Wings teams. Maybe that's just me though.

But Lindy said yesterday -- and I apologize for decontextualizing and deconstructing his actual words -- this is a season where you can't wear your team down to a "nub." He said if he had done that more often, the Sabres might have five or six more losses. Quite a dubious claim, if you ask me.

Assquatch, I would also worry about the team being worn down. I wonder why this situation is any different than other times when he opted for rest. Lindy's just doubting himself, that's all. "Practice like you play! Play like you practice!" he bellowed during the practice. What a genius.

From Bill's article:

Ruff began the session with a slightly animated, five-minute talk at his dry-erase board, and then refused to grind his team into the ice. At one point, however, Ruff yelled out, “We play like we practice and we practice like we play.”

“I think we needed to freshen up,” Ruff said. “I think we needed a day away. But I think we need to get right back on track.”

From Bill's article:

Ruff began the session with a slightly animated, five-minute talk at his dry-erase board, and then refused to grind his team into the ice. At one point, however, Ruff yelled out, “We play like we practice and we practice like we play.”

“I think we needed to freshen up,” Ruff said. “I think we needed a day away. But I think we need to get right back on track.”

So wait, it wasn't a puke skate after all?

Per Mike Harrington:

Defenseman Steve Montador, who tweaked his hip Saturday, will join Patrick Kaleta and Nathan Paetsch on the scratch list but Ruff said he's hoping Montador will be available Thursday. (afternoon update-apologies for throwing folks off guard; Matt Ellis should be in on the fourth line with Adam Mair and either Kennedy or Paul Gaustad)

OK - we don't have to argue over Ellis vs Mair today. Anyone for the "why doesn't Lindy let Paetsch play" debate?

Per Mike Harrington:

Defenseman Steve Montador, who tweaked his hip Saturday, will join Patrick Kaleta and Nathan Paetsch on the scratch list but Ruff said he's hoping Montador will be available Thursday. (afternoon update-apologies for throwing folks off guard; Matt Ellis should be in on the fourth line with Adam Mair and either Kennedy or Paul Gaustad)

OK - we don't have to argue over Ellis vs Mair today. Anyone for the "why doesn't Lindy let Paetsch play" debate?

I want to argue the "why is Gaustad slated to center the 4th Line" debate.

I want to argue the "why is Gaustad slated to center the 4th Line" debate.

Ellis-Mair-Kennedy. I remember this line from somewhere....:ph34r:

I have to DVR the game tonight and watch when I get back. Still not sure if I check the score and watch or go through the drama of watching it all.

Those shortened ice times, were they from games where they dressed 7 d-men? Anyway, Mair's in the lineup and Ellis is not. That's the ultimate statement of who Ruff trusts more. Anyway, this one roster spot is probably the furthest thing from the make or break decision on this team. I don't think either one individually brings much of anything to this team.

From Bill's article:

"Very tough!" groaned The Rivet Review.

"Hard!" gulped the Harrington Press.

"Rigorous!" moaned sabres.com Erin Pollina.

Seriously, "freshen up" and "day away" referred to Sunday's day off, I think.

Last week, Bruins defenseman Adam McQuaid scored his first NHL goal in a game at Boston. Play by play announcer Jack Edwards blew the call and credited the goal to someone else. Later, Edwards apologized to the family because the highlight tape will now be messed up... :doh:

Now: Edwards just referred to the Sabres as a "cadaver." :sick: Someone should tell the Sabres that the Bruins play-by-play announcer referred to them as a cadaver.

Why do I have that old feeling of every shot on Miller has a good chance of going in...These guys have zero chance of winning without Miller playing like he did in the first half. As long as they can hang on to one of the top 8 spots, I think I'm going to be happy.

I am going back to watching what what the Rangers, Flyers and other 8 seed teams are doing rather than the Sens.

Archived