GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

This is an interesting thought that I have every so often. Is it possible that Rivet is an even worse captain than he is a player? The sad part is, if I had to pick someone else to wear the "C" and help motivate and lead this team, I really don't know who it would be...

I see no change from anything I saw last week. And I hate our 'system'. Too passive in our own zone. Point men are always open, yet nobody ever goes deep into the corner to help retrieve the puck. Exactly what do our wingers do in our own end? Phooey.

And Jack Edwards is a yellow-toothed #### sucker.

This is an interesting thought that I have every so often. Is it possible that Rivet is an even worse captain than he is a player? The sad part is, if I had to pick someone else to wear the "C" and help motivate and lead this team, I really don't know who it would be...

I was thinking the same thing about Rivet. If ever someone (Rivet) needed to drop the gloves to get the team fired up it is now.

They made Rivet captain days after he came to the team. That spoke volumes too me, there was no player on the team that wanted to step forward and become captain, they were quite content to let a total newcomer walk in and get the C. And you are right, there is no one on that team deserving of that honor

They are 100% just going through the motions.

That's what's troubling. It's not the four game losing streak (looking like five). It is the total lack of effort, or even interest, that I see from this team. Losing is one thing, indifference is another

I tell ya, nobody puts on a Hall of Fame ceremony like the Buffalo Sabres. It was all downhill from there.

This team lost its groove on the West Coast trip when the thought was to show they were an elite team. It's in this team's head. And what's in Miller's head besides several bolts and electronic panels and alien pods is beyond me.

Someone should tell the Sabres that the Bruins play-by-play announcer Jack Edwards referred to them as a cadaver.

I can't stand that S.O.B. but he made me bust a gut laughing when he said that, "Paille sticks a fork in the cadaver that was the Buffalo Sabres!"

I'm done with this game - going to do something productive for the next two hours. Let me know how it turns out...

Archived