GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

end the curse

I'll be on US Air tonight for the game. I have never brought a laptop and I am assuming there is no way to catch this, right? I know some airlines are starting to get internet from external signal (overseas outfits I think). US Air does not have anything like this do they?

CAN'T believe I am missing this one!!!!!!!!

I'll be on US Air tonight for the game. I have never brought a laptop and I am assuming there is no way to catch this, right? I know some airlines are starting to get internet from external signal (overseas outfits I think). US Air does not have anything like this do they?

CAN'T believe I am missing this one!!!!!!!!

The Airbus A321 r spsd2 have it "early 2010. JFGI. U wdv seen a wifi icon wen u bkd.

I would hope that tonight, pre game, that the Captain stands up and delivers a speech telling everyone that this is the time to put the hard hat on, play out of character, expect a stick in the face, but send a clear message that this stops now with Ottawa.

Sooner or later the Sabres have to stop being Ottawa's biatches. I'm not talking stupid penalties, but just playing out of their normal comfort zone. Playing like they've got a tack stuck in the bottom of their foot. Playing like men and saying enough is enough.

One can only hope.

Lindy Ruffs lines come at you like waves from a storm, non stop and relentless,they normally wear away our opponents and result in victory.

With big Tyler Myers bolstering an already top notch defense I like our chances in any series.

Thanks. I needed to start the day with a good laugh. :thumbsup:

Ottawa is 2 points closer. Nothing to see here. Move on to Friday's game.

It's hard to avoid that feeling of dread, innit? Like another late-season collapse is howling at the door?

No, the Sabres are going to win tonight.

There we go.

Separately: this is my 3000th post. Where else would I rather post it than right here, right now?

In all seriousness: I joined this board in the fall of 2005. In 2005-06, Ottawa was like the evil empire. They had Spezza-Alfie-Heatley all going full throttle, Chara and Redden on D, a bunch of good complementary players, mumbles as the coach and none other than Dominik in net. They spanked the Sabres a number of times -- like 5-1, 6-2, 10-4, etc. -- early in the season, and then, about halfway through, the Sabres beat them in HSBC in the shootout when Vanek broke out the "around the world" move for the first time.

Even so, I was petrified of playing them in the playoffs. When the Sabres won that series, I finally allowed myself to believe that we, the long-suffering Buffalo sports fans, might finally break on through to the other side. We all know how that turned out.

Even so, hope springs eternal. I believe, more or less, in this organization, and I've been more consumed with the Sabres since then than a grown man with a job and a family should be. This board has fed that frenzy and has helped me maintain a connection with my hometown. So, on the momentous (for me, anyway) occasion of #3000, let me thank everyone for including me in the discussion, and let me say again: I hate the Senators.

Go Sabres.

It's hard to avoid that feeling of dread, innit? Like another late-season collapse is howling at the door?

There we go.

Separately: this is my 3000th post. Where else would I rather post it than right here, right now?

In all seriousness: I joined this board in the fall of 2005. In 2005-06, Ottawa was like the evil empire. They had Spezza-Alfie-Heatley all going full throttle, Chara and Redden on D, a bunch of good complementary players, mumbles as the coach and none other than Dominik in net. They spanked the Sabres a number of times -- like 5-1, 6-2, 10-4, etc. -- early in the season, and then, about halfway through, the Sabres beat them in HSBC in the shootout when Vanek broke out the "around the world" move for the first time.

Even so, I was petrified of playing them in the playoffs. When the Sabres won that series, I finally allowed myself to believe that we, the long-suffering Buffalo sports fans, might finally break on through to the other side. We all know how that turned out.

Even so, hope springs eternal. I believe, more or less, in this organization, and I've been more consumed with the Sabres since then than a grown man with a job and a family should be. This board has fed that frenzy and has helped me maintain a connection with my hometown. So, on the momentous (for me, anyway) occasion of #3000, let me thank everyone for including me in the discussion, and let me say again: I hate the Senators.

Go Sabres.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYfKnhuX630

It's not dread at all. We lose to Ottawa. That's just the way it is. They're fine as a whole against the rest of the league. It only matters 6 games, unless they happen to meet up in the playoffs.

I'm interested to see how the building is tonight. Maybe I'll be surprised, but I expect the typical pattern of a little cheering at first, then settling down into sitting on hands, booing certain players when they touch the puck, getting frustrated when things don't go well, chirping on a bad call, waiting for something bad to happen, needing to be prompted to make noise, virtual silence during play. Of course if the Sabres pull ahead, the LGB and We Want chants will be out in full force.

Hope to be wrong. If it's ever going to be different, tonight should be the night.

Dear Sabres,

Today is my birthday. And as birthdays go today has been pretty good so far. However, one thing has weighed heavily on my mind all morning, and its my decision on whether or not to watch tonight's game and risk ruining my day at the hands of our most hated rival.

I know in the end I will most likely cave and tune in. While I could ask for certain things I wont. Because asking you to bludgeon your foes tonight does not befit the persona of this team this year. Because asking our "big guns" to come through in the clutch has not been a reasonable request this season. Because asking for just a win would not have worked for the past 4+ seasons.

So, I have an easier list for you and its things that you could maybe NOT DO tonight.

1) DO NOT get suckered into a skating contest, thus frustrating THEM for once.

2) DO NOT cycle the puck backwards in your zone under the pressure of thier forecheck (Im looking at you Roy, Rivet, and Butler)

3) DO NOT commit ill advised turnovers in the neutral zone, K.I.S.S. (hehhemm, Lydman Montador)

4) DO NOT at any point allow one inch of breathing room to Alfie, Spezza, or that guy they got for Heatley.

5) DO NOT play into the hands of the a$$clown twins....(unless)......

6) DO NOT under any circumstance allow any intimidation tactics toward your goaltender. No snowplows, no standing over after a freeze, no fake falls while crashing the net off the magnets.

Then let the chips fall where they may. Ill wake up feeling ill tomorrow either way, just DO NOT send me to bed that way.

Dear Sabres,

Today is my birthday. And as birthdays go today has been pretty good so far. However, one thing has weighed heavily on my mind all morning, and its my decision on whether or not to watch tonight's game and risk ruining my day at the hands of our most hated rival.

I know in the end I will most likely cave and tune in. While I could ask for certain things I wont. Because asking you to bludgeon your foes tonight does not befit the persona of this team this year. Because asking our "big guns" to come through in the clutch has not been a reasonable request this season. Because asking for just a win would not have worked for the past 4+ seasons.

So, I have an easier list for you and its things that you could maybe NOT DO tonight.

1) DO NOT get suckered into a skating contest, thus frustrating THEM for once.

2) DO NOT cycle the puck backwards in your zone under the pressure of thier forecheck (Im looking at you Roy, Rivet, and Butler)

3) DO NOT commit ill advised turnovers in the neutral zone, K.I.S.S. (hehhemm, Lydman Montador)

4) DO NOT at any point allow one inch of breathing room to Alfie, Spezza, or that guy they got for Heatley.

5) DO NOT play into the hands of the a$clown twins....(unless)......

6) DO NOT under any circumstance allow any intimidation tactics toward your goaltender. No snowplows, no standing over after a freeze, no fake falls while crashing the net off the magnets.

Then let the chips fall where they may. Ill wake up feeling ill tomorrow either way, just DO NOT send me to bed that way.

I hear ya on 2). The Sabres have a maddening habit of dumping and chasing -- on themselves.

WGR reporting that Sekera is in, Montador out tonight.

Not sure how I feel about this. Should have been Butler that sat. Monty has been pretty bad lately, but it would still be nice to have his grit in there tonight, especially if Kaleta is not going to play. Has there been any update on Kaleta?

Like Lindy said "It's a great situation to put an end to it".

+1

It would be a start, though I still need to see that win before I believe it.

+2

If all else fails, at least cheap shot someone. I'll take blood on the scoreboard or on the ice. Doesn't matter to me. I'm putting my hockey principles aside for this game in the hopes that the Sabres come out seeing the red mist. Kill someone.

I.WANT.BLOOD. :angry:

:o

#%^$#! Ottawa. I want to see someone smash Alfie's face into the glass. I want an elbow to Chris Neil's throat. I want pain delivered swiftly. Kill those ######. I hate Ottawa, dammit.

:blink:

I am already pissed off just thinking about watching this game, I hate Ottawa that bad...

Ditto

I just put a tiny Senator sweater on a cute little kitten and put it in the microwave, 30 minutes at 10%.

:lol:

...If the Sabres are to beat Ottawa, they need to play a slow paced boring game, cause if they try to trade chances with them, Alffy and Spezza WILL bury us. Again.

Would I like to see someone take Neil's head off? Sure, but I would much rather see someone take off Spezza's or Alfie's head, cause they're the ones killing us, Neil and Ruutu are just hired guns, nothing more. Why waste time going after them?

If you're going to go after someone, go after their stars. If not, then stick to your game and try and ignore the Cheap Shot Twins as best you can, cause the second the Sabres start worrying about them is when Ottawa wins the game.

+2, 3 if you include getting in Eliots kitchen who has been playing some good hockey in goal for them

Go Sabres.

Nice post. Congratulations on your 3000 may you get 100k more. :beer:

You end up in lots of bad places. I'm not sure there's any saving you at this point.

post-136-12652211488191_thumb.jpg

:w00t:

Lindy knows his team 1000 times better than the casual fan does...but what does he see in Butler that we don't?

I'm not sure. I'm thinking maybe it's that he's a young defenseman and Lindy wants him to play through his mistakes. Also, he's been playing very well on the point on the powerplay, that probably has something to do with it.

I'm not sure. I'm thinking maybe it's that he's a young defenseman and Lindy wants him to play through his mistakes. Also, he's been playing very well on the point on the powerplay, that probably has something to do with it.

Valid points...Butler's brightest moment of the season was against Boston on the PP when he expertly prevented the Bruins from clearing the zone, then fed TV perfectly in front of net. TV made an equally nice play by fighting off Chara.

As for a young blue liner playing through mistakes...that should only go so far. When a player's in an extended funk, a game off is sometimes the best medicine.

If all else fails, at least cheap shot someone. I'll take blood on the scoreboard or on the ice. Doesn't matter to me. I'm putting my hockey principles aside for this game in the hopes that the Sabres come out seeing the red mist. Kill someone.

I.WANT.BLOOD. :angry:

I Don't want to see any cheapshots, but i would like to see our players; meaning all of them playing like they have a set hanging somewhere. It just seems that we let hits go unanswered when we play the sen's.

Archived