GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

end the curse

I am glad that my wife has to work tomorrow night, because I will be in no mood for discussion about anything other than hockey from the time that I get off work until the time that I wake up on Thursday morning.

I am already pissed off just thinking about watching this game, I hate Ottawa that bad...

I can not wait... have my ticket ready. Have my jersey ready. Have my voice ready!

Games like this is why we signed Montador. Not only does he need to bring it on defense and stop playing like garbage, but Neil and Ruutu will be hitting like crazy i'm sure. Somebody will need to step up. Montador is that player.

Also, i hope Ruff benches Butler and plays Sekera. Enough is enough with Butler.

If we go out and try and play the Sens physioally, we're done.

We need to play our own game, and not worry about what cheapshots Neil and Ruutu are dishing out.

The reason we lose to this team is that these two assclowns are allowed to dictate the game, and if we start out going after either, we're playing right into their hands.

Again........

The only time anyone should be thinking about being physcial beyond the norm is if dirtbag Ruutu or Pumpkinhead try and take liberties with Miller, in which case the prompt response should be a full two-hander across the head.

I don't normally like hoping for people to get injured, but Ruutu is a POS scumbag whose career cannot end quickly or painful enough, you ask me.

If we go out and try and play the Sens physioally, we're done.

We need to play our own game, and not worry about what cheapshots Neil and Ruutu are dishing out.

The reason we lose to this team is that these two assclowns are allowed to dictate the game, and if we start out going after either, we're playing right into their hands.

I couldn't disagree more. Playing into their hands? That's exactly what you are suggesting. Our willingness to be passively pushed around by Ottawa's bullying is one of the primary reasons they've dominated us all this time. Trying to finesse them to death only gets us killed. Time for the polar opposite of "turning the other cheek" when they kick the snot out of us, for without blood there can be no victory in battle.

If all else fails, at least cheap shot someone. I'll take blood on the scoreboard or on the ice. Doesn't matter to me. I'm putting my hockey principles aside for this game in the hopes that the Sabres come out seeing the red mist. Kill someone.

I.WANT.BLOOD. :angry:

Remember -- the coach the sets the tone. Or should.

Remember the immortal words: Run 'em

I don't care if we win or lose this game, as long as there is Senator blood coloring the ice, pieces of HSBC glass in Senator skulls and Sabres knuckle-prints on Senator faces.

Not asking for much, just that.

I couldn't disagree more. Playing into their hands? That's exactly what you are suggesting. Our willingness to be passively pushed around by Ottawa's bullying is one of the primary reasons they've dominated us all this time. Trying to finesse them to death only gets us killed. Time for the polar opposite of "turning the other cheek" when they kick the snot out of us, for without blood there can be no victory in battle.

Have to disagree.

Ottawa's bullying, and our feeble attempts at getting at either Neil or Ruutu is messing up their game more than anything.

To beat Ottawa we need to treat those two assclowns like we treated that nobody from the Rags in the 06-07 playoffs. Like the nobodies they are.

The fact that we're even debating what to do about two 3rd/4th liners at best, tells the story more than anything. Neil and Ruutu aren't killing us, their top guns are.

Sabres need to play their game, not worry about Ottawa's game.

And finessing anyone to death isn't the Sabres game anymore, shutting other teams down is. Or at least it was until 2 weeks ago. The latest string of bad road games tells the story of what happens when they try to play the finesse game.

If the Sabres are to beat Ottawa, they need to play a slow paced boring game, cause if they try to trade chances with them, Alffy and Spezza WILL bury us. Again.

Would I like to see someone take Neil's head off? Sure, but I would much rather see someone take off Spezza's or Alfie's head, cause they're the ones killing us, Neil and Ruutu are just hired guns, nothing more. Why waste time going after them?

If you're going to go after someone, go after their stars. If not, then stick to your game and try and ignore the Cheap Shot Twins as best you can, cause the second the Sabres start worrying about them is when Ottawa wins the game.

Have to disagree.

Ottawa's bullying, and our feeble attempts at getting at either Neil or Ruutu is messing up their game more than anything.

To beat Ottawa we need to treat those two assclowns like we treated that nobody from the Rags in the 06-07 playoffs. Like the nobodies they are.

The fact that we're even debating what to do about two 3rd/4th liners at best, tells the story more than anything. Neil and Ruutu aren't killing us, their top guns are.

And finessing anyone to death isn't the Sabres game anymore, shutting other teams down is. Or at least it was until 2 weeks ago. The latest string of bad road games tells the story of what happens when they try to play the finesse game.

If the Sabres are to beat Ottawa, they need to play a slow paced boring game, cause if they try to trade chances with them, Alffy and Spezza WILL bury us. Again.

Would I like to see someone take Neil's head off? Sure, but I would much rather see someone take off Spezza's or Alfie's head, cause they're the ones killing us, Neil and Ruutu are just hired guns, nothing more. Why waste time going after them?

If you're going to go after someone, go after their stars. If not, then stick to your game and try and ignore the Cheap Shot Twins as best you can, cause the second the Sabres start worrying about them is when Ottawa wins the game.

There isn't a single player in the NHL that I hate more than Jarkko Ruutu. The guys is plain dirty. That said, you are absolutely correct. Ignore him. Don't play into his hands. Play sound defense against their top line and wait for the opportunity to capitalize on a mistake. I'd be fine with a 1-0 game; I just want a win!

Have to disagree.

:thumbsup:

We don't lose to Ottawa because of Neil or Ruutu. We lose to Ottawa because of Alffy and Spezza. For some reason, if there is a true #1 line on the other team, that line ALWAYS scores against the Sabres. More importantly the #1 player scores. Our shut out of Washington this year is the only time I can think of when that didn't happen.

Atl - Kovy

Pit - Crosby

Wash - OV

Tampa - Vinny

Rags - Gaborik

There's are more but I need more coffee to remember. When ever we play these teams, these players score.

Stop Alffy and Spezza, win the game.

The one thing the Sabres can't abide early is the Senators' habit of skating up to and standing over Miller after he freezes the puck. Standing over, as in, if Miller raised up his helmet, Matt Man would meet someone's Twins. It's like when terrorists probe the airline system to see where the soft spots are. No response? Then they attack. I see very little risk of taking a penalty if you skate in and deposit such a Senator on the ice. Refs abide by The Code. Hey, that's two abides in one early post. I feel so sharp today.

:thumbsup:

We don't lose to Ottawa because of Neil or Ruutu. We lose to Ottawa because of Alffy and Spezza. For some reason, if there is a true #1 line on the other team, that line ALWAYS scores against the Sabres. More importantly the #1 player scores. Our shut out of Washington this year is the only time I can think of when that didn't happen.

Atl - Kovy

Pit - Crosby

Wash - OV

Tampa - Vinny

Rags - Gaborik

There's are more but I need more coffee to remember. When ever we play these teams, these players score.

Stop Alffy and Spezza, win the game.

This is very true. The Sens best players are their best players against the Sabres. It would nice if the Sabres "best players" showed up tonight. My only problem is that I'm not sure who the Sabres best players are.

This is very true. The Sens best players are their best players against the Sabres. It would nice if the Sabres "best players" showed up tonight. My only problem is that I'm not sure who the Sabres best players are.

Lindy doesn't allow a "best player". He rolls four lines. Everyone has to be "equally average". ;)

(...sorry. The Sabres have been slipping lately and it seems to have coincided with the lack of Lindy bashing.)

I know Alfie, Spezza and Heatley (in the past) overall have been Sabre killers, but it's not really the case this season other than the first game.

11/21 Alf 2G 1A Spezza 0G 1A

12/16 Alf 0G 0A Spezza DNP

12/26 Alf DNP Spezza DNP

The trend I have noticed is that Ottawa always seems to be playing poorly coming into these match-ups and they manage to get better when playing Buffalo. They certainly aren't playing poorly coming into this one.

Lindy doesn't allow a "best player". He rolls four lines. Everyone has to be "equally average". ;)

(...sorry. The Sabres have been slipping lately and it seems to have coincided with the lack of Lindy bashing.)

Lindy Ruffs lines come at you like waves from a storm, non stop and relentless,they normally wear away our opponents and result in victory.

With big Tyler Myers bolstering an already top notch defense I like our chances in any series.

Archived