GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

end the curse

Uh-oh. I think this means DeLuca now has the upper hand in our ongoing debate over Montador. Hopefully it's only temporary. I do like the idea of seeing more of Sekera though.

Normally, this would be offensive. But look at what they're wearing!

Filthy. Nicely done.

The one thing the Sabres can't abide early is the Senators' habit of skating up to and standing over Miller after he freezes the puck. Standing over, as in, if Miller raised up his helmet, Matt Man would meet someone's Twins. It's like when terrorists probe the airline system to see where the soft spots are. No response? Then they attack. I see very little risk of taking a penalty if you skate in and deposit such a Senator on the ice. Refs abide by The Code. Hey, that's two abides in one early post. I feel so sharp today.

Ottawa isn't the only team that does this to Miller - in fact, there are only a couple of teams that haven't. Other teams have shoved Sabres' forwards around just for giving their goalie a snow shower.... Cripes, our penalty killing is good enough to take an occasional roughing penalty if it means the opposing forwards will stay out of Miller's wheelhouse. Run 'em, I say! :death:

Like Lindy said "It's a great situation to put an end to it".

Not sure if anyone else had flashbacks of deja vu but consider this:

- In the 2005-06 season, the Sabres went 0-3 against the Senators in the first three meetings, getting outscored 21-5 and looking completely incapable of beating Ottawa.

- In the days leading up to the fourth meeting (Feb.4th in Buffalo), just weeks before the Olympic break in Torino, there was a very similar anxiety around Buffalo that the Sabres HAD to win that game to prove they could beat Ottawa.

- Miller ended up outplaying Hasek through 65 minutes, tied at 1, setting up a shootout that Vanek won on his 'around-the-world' move.

- After that win, the teams went 2-2 in the final four meetings, capped off by a 6-2 Sabres win in Ottawa a week before the end of the regular season. A month later, with renewed confidence that there was no Ottawa jinx, everyone remembers how the Sabres won the ECSF, 4-1.

So, let's hope that history repeats itself four years later!

Not sure if anyone else had flashbacks of deja vu but consider this:

- In the 2005-06 season, the Sabres went 0-3 against the Senators in the first three meetings, getting outscored 21-5 and looking completely incapable of beating Ottawa.

- In the days leading up to the fourth meeting (Feb.4th in Buffalo), just weeks before the Olympic break in Torino, there was a very similar anxiety around Buffalo that the Sabres HAD to win that game to prove they could beat Ottawa.

- Miller ended up outplaying Hasek through 65 minutes, tied at 1, setting up a shootout that Vanek won on his 'around-the-world' move.

- After that win, the teams went 2-2 in the final four meetings, capped off by a 6-2 Sabres win in Ottawa a week before the end of the regular season. A month later, with renewed confidence that there was no Ottawa jinx, everyone remembers how the Sabres won the ECSF, 4-1.

So, let's hope that history repeats itself four years later!

The difference is that back then, Ottawa was THE elite team in the Eastern Conference. Now, they're just above average (plain old average before this current hot streak), and we still can't solve them.

I am as nervous right now as I used to get when I played hockey as a kid before a big game...Only 15 more minutes...Which means I only have 15 more minutes of Yo! Gabba Gabba! to put up with.

haha...for me I get to turn off The Suite Life of Zach and Cody.

And I'm nervous too...I really don't want them to lose this game.

Like to see them commit to one very physical game.. Has to continue throughout

excellent pressure there.. three times Myers kept the puck in the zone..

are they going to review that there? i know the ref waved it off immediately but it looked on the line

Archived