Miller wearing down?

LabattBlue

This was been brought up over the years and was mentioned last night by the Canucks broadcast team last night. Why does Miller who is 6'2", still weigh a string bean like 170 pounds? Through a strength program with a correct diet, he can't put on 15-20 pounds? Wouldn't this help him during the stretch run of each season in terms of strength, stamina and possibly even injury prevention?

Just wondering. :)

This was been brought up over the years and was mentioned last night by the Canucks broadcast team last night. Why does Miller who is 6'2", still weigh a string bean like 170 pounds? Through a strength program with a correct diet, he can't put on 15-20 pounds? Wouldn't this help him during the stretch run of each season in terms of strength, stamina and possibly even injury prevention?

Twice now, I've sat next to him at dinner (by coincidence and not invitation). He eats and drinks very little.

Twice now, I've sat next to him at dinner (by coincidence and not invitation). He eats and drinks very little.

I'm seeing a dimly lit basement apartment -- a bare bulb over an old folding table -- candles lit all over, and in the middle of the table, the napkin Ryan used to wipe his mouth, the tiniest bit of Arugala (no dressing) clinging to the cloth.

I'm seeing a dimly lit basement apartment -- a bare bulb swinging over an old folding table -- candles lit all over, and in the middle of it all, the napkin Ryan used to wipe his mouth, the tiniest bit of Arugala (no dressing) clinging to the cloth.

:lol:

This is why I was worried about his work load every game. This team needs to do a much better job in front of Miller to take some of the pressure off. 30+ shots a game is too many.

So the he gives up a couple of goals he shouldn't and the Sabres lose 3 games on the road to 3 teams in the league's top 10 and Miller is wearing down?

Did you ever stand next to Hasek when his uniform was off? Athletes, especially elite athletes, have weight that they are comfortable carrying. I am sure Miller is comfortable at his present weight.

Finally, Miller wearing down is along the same lines as the misconceptions with "video scouting."

If he wears down at all, its a mental drain and has nothing to do with the weight he is carrying or the shots he is facing.

So the he gives up a couple of goals he shouldn't and the Sabres lose 3 games on the road to 3 teams in the league's top 10 and Miller is wearing down?

Did you ever stand next to Hasek when his uniform was off? Athletes, especially elite athletes, have weight that they are comfortable carrying. I am sure Miller is comfortable at his present weight.

Finally, Miller wearing down is along the same lines as the misconceptions with "video scouting."

If he wears down at all, its a mental drain and has nothing to do with the weight he is carrying or the shots he is facing.

My starting this thread has nothing to do with losing the few games as I stated that I have posted about this in the past. You may be right that he is fine at that weight, but you would also think that putting on 15-20 pounds wouldn't hurt him in a negative way either.

My starting this thread has nothing to do with losing the few games as I stated that I have posted about this in the past. You may be right that he is fine at that weight, but you would also think that putting on 15-20 pounds wouldn't hurt him in a negative way either.

I guess it depends on what you mean by wearing down. If you mean stamina, I don't think he'd gain much stamina by gaining 20 pounds.

Considering that his strength in net is flexibility and quickness, gaining weight and muscle could hurt his overall style of play.

If the worry is that he's getting beaten up, more weight might help, but there aren't many contact injuries that an extra 20 pounds will prevent.

I guess it depends on what you mean by wearing down. If you mean stamina, I don't think he'd gain much stamina by gaining 20 pounds.

Considering that his strength in net is flexibility and quickness, gaining weight and muscle could hurt his overall style of play.

If the worry is that he's getting beaten up, more weight might help, but there aren't many contact injuries that an extra 20 pounds will prevent.

Maybe to all the above. Probably received the same response last time this was discussed and my memory just doesn't work as well as it used to. :lol:

I really don't know but I would hope that with one of the league's top strength and conditioning guys that possibilities have been explored.

I've said it before and I'l say it again, I think that learning to play through the season is a process and I am not worried about it being a problem. I think the only way it comes up with the organization is if they need an excuse for something.

Miller played practically the entire road trip when Lalime got bombed in Anaheim. Lindy needs to give Miller a breather. Finishing in the top 3 seeds is not that important, plus I think Lalime will be fine with some extended playing time. If we want to ride Miller into mid-June, for goodness sake give some time off now.

PTR

... and Miller is wearing down?

I am sure Miller is comfortable at his present weight.

Finally, Miller wearing down .....If he wears down at all, its a mental drain and has nothing to do with the weight he is carrying or the shots he is facing.

THIS, however I will say that the number of shots and concentration/anticipation required for those adds to the mental drain in my estimation.

Miller is fine. Lalime should really go against Jersey though.

Agreed for the above mentioned mental drain and bad habits that can creep back into someones game when fatigue'd.

I'm seeing a dimly lit basement apartment -- a bare bulb over an old folding table -- candles lit all over, and in the middle of the table, the napkin Ryan used to wipe his mouth, the tiniest bit of Arugala (no dressing) clinging to the cloth.

No one asked to hear about your "Having Miller locked up in the basement" fantasy, PA.

THIS, however I will say that the number of shots and concentration/anticipation required for those adds to the mental drain in my estimation.

Agreed for the above mentioned mental drain and bad habits that can creep back into someones game when fatigue'd.

Actually, I disagree. I don't think the number of shots matters. Its not like he could take a mental breather between shots if the number was lower. I really think the number of shorts is over blown.

I'll be shocked if Millsie doesn't go against NJ.

FWIW, Miller doesn't look worn down to me. I thought he was sensational vs. LA and very good vs. Vancouver. (I missed the SJ game due to a GD DVR glitch). I'd like to see the Sabres get him a 2-goal lead -- I don't think we've seen that since the Phoenix game.

Lindy is obviously trying to run down Miller before the Olympics so that the US can't beat Canada.

A joke, I'm sure. But I have wondered about this: does Lindy tell his Canada players the "book" on Miller? Things they might do or say to get on Miller's nerves?

A joke, I'm sure. But I have wondered about this: does Lindy tell his Canada players the "book" on Miller? Things they might do or say to get on Miller's nerves?

He has to, right? I heard on the pregame show yesterday that the first thing that was said to him when he got to the hotel in Vancouver is that he has "34 million people depending on him".

Archived