So, is anyone else looking over their shoulder at ........

deluca67

The phrases "peaking at the right time" and "shooting your wad" come to mind.

I assume you are talking bout the Sens, cause winning 7 in a row in January when you have a two week break coming up just screams to me "shooting your wad" to early. Peaking at the right time this year means coming back from the olympic break and playing better than .700 hockey...not playing 1.00 hockey in January

The phrases "peaking at the right time" and "shooting your wad" come to mind.

Just like someone later points out, the Sens are shooting their wad now and yet are still 5 points behind while having played 3 more games then Buffalo. Throw in the fact that Ottawa has also already played 30 home games and I am still not worried.

Just like someone later points out, the Sens are shooting their wad now and yet are still 5 points behind while having played 3 more games then Buffalo. Throw in the fact that Ottawa has also already played 30 home games and I am still not worried.

+1. If Buffalo plays the same as it has the past few months for the next few months, there is nothing to worry about.

Are you factoring the three remaining games with the Sabres? There goes the five point lead right there. The Sabres couldn't beat Ottawa when the Sens were seriously short handed.

Hard to argue with this piece of Buffalo sports conventional wisdom that will live forever.

But I will.

Despite the injuries, the Sabres led 2-1 with 20 minutes to go before you know who allowed three straight goals.

Which ones did he really have a chance at stopping?

Oh well, couldn't link the video, but those goals were walked right in ....as sure as I can say Jillson, Janik, Fitzpatrick and Paetsch and call a delay of game on Campbell.

Oh well, couldn't link the video, but those goals were walked right in ....as sure as I can say Jillson, Janik, Fitzpatrick and Paetsch and call a delay of game on Campbell.

Those who use the phrase "never had a chance" when defending a goalie must also say "lucky save" when he stops one, right? Because if you don't have a chance, the only real chance you have is the puck hitting you. I don't buy it. It really shortchanges a goalie who was playing as well as Miller was that season.

It also irks me when people say the goalie "never saw it." Only the goalie knows what he saw. Lalime recently was told he never saw the shot -- it had to Hamilton talking to him -- and he said, "Yeah, I did."

I wouldn't describe any of the three Canes third period goals as unstoppable.

Those who use the phrase "never had a chance" when defending a goalie must also say "lucky save" when he stops one, right? Because if you don't have a chance, the only real chance you have is the puck hitting you. I don't buy it. It really shortchanges a goalie who was playing as well as Miller was that season.

It also irks me when people say the goalie "never saw it." Only the goalie knows what he saw. Lalime recently was told he never saw the shot -- it had to Hamilton talking to him -- and he said, "Yeah, I did."

I wouldn't describe any of the three Canes third period goals as unstoppable.

I don't care if you are Terry Sawchuck

Rule of thumb is if the team gives up an open shot from the slot you can't blame the goaltender.

The Sens?

Six in a row and a healthy Spezza? I know the Sabres have games in hand. I'm just saying, don't be surprised if it gets a lot closer.

Still have a 7 point lead with 3 games in hand...they have been playing well, that is for sure, but they haven't made up much ground from the time the Sabres started their winning streak, so basically they are right where they were...

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hlg=20052006,3,317

For anyone else who wants to reopen an old wound and pour copious amounts of salt and lemon juice in it.

I don't care if you are Terry Sawchuck

Rule of thumb is if the team gives up an open shot from the slot you can't blame the goaltender.

Absolutely right, X. That GWG by Brind'Amour bugs the crap out of me - puck sitting in the slot, two inches outside Lydman's skate, where neither he nor Miller could see it, and the bod swoops in and bangs it over Miller's shoulder.

Nice to be out of range from the Sens again. I looked at the standings in the conference and I'm really glad that we're not on the bubble this year.

One single point separates 6th in the conference from 13th. Seven teams battling for three playoff spots. That's the parity the league is looking for.

Nice to be out of range from the Sens again. I looked at the standings in the conference and I'm really glad that we're not on the bubble this year.

One single point separates 6th in the conference from 13th. Seven teams battling for three playoff spots. That's the parity the league is looking for.

Even more reason to ensure we sew up the division title.. falling into second place would drop us right into that mess

Absolutely right, X. That GWG by Brind'Amour bugs the crap out of me - puck sitting in the slot, two inches outside Lydman's skate, where neither he nor Miller could see it, and the bod swoops in and bangs it over Miller's shoulder.

Not as much as that first one by Commodore that hits two Sabres and goes in pretty much 90 degrees off of Mair.

Damn, I can't remember a team having such consistent puck luck as the Canes that year, every damn bounce seemed to either go in or onto a Canes stick, no matter how awkward the bounce.

I kept thinking to myself "no need to panic, they can't keep getting bounces like this through a 7 games series". Only they did.

And not only against Buffalo, but against everyone else too.

Not as much as that first one by Commodore that hits two Sabres and goes in pretty much 90 degrees off of Mair.

Damn, I can't remember a team having such consistent puck luck as the Canes that year, every damn bounce seemed to either go in or onto a Canes stick, no matter how awkward the bounce.

I kept thinking to myself "no need to panic, they can't keep getting bounces like this through a 7 games series". Only they did.

And not only against Buffalo, but against everyone else too.

If a goal ever deserved a WTF arm wave, that was it.

The GWG pissed me off more because the puck was right in Lydman's feet and he couldn't find it, AND screened Miller.

Be not afraid.. The Sabres are for real this year.

Even with Stafford and Connolly, +1.

You shall cross the rocky home ice, but you shall not fail to score.

You shall wander far in the Western Conference, yet return again.

You shall speak your words in English and your defensemen will understand.

You shall see the Cup and raise it high.

Be not afraid.

The Cup is yours, you Sabres.

Please, follow Ruff, and

He will give you wins.

Be not afraid.

Please, follow Ruff, and

He will give you wins.

:lol: As long as I don't have to give up Hockey for lent, I'm on board.

Sens are up 3-1 in Pittsburgh, in the 3rd period. These mofo's are for real.

I wasn't buying the Sens run at all. I thought this would be a big week for them and they have dominated both the Devils and the Pens. Very impressive. Maybe they are for real.

Next Wed we may have a battle at the HSBC Arena!

I wasn't buying the Sens run at all. I thought this would be a big week for them and they have dominated both the Devils and the Pens. Very impressive. Maybe they are for real.

Next Wed we may have a battle at the HSBC Arena!

The Sens have owned the Sabres since well before their current hot streak.

Yeah, i know. Just because we have played very poorly against them for a while now doesn't it's not going to be a battle. If Sens were way below the standings, i could see a letdown game maybe even Lalime in goal. Now that that they're on our tail, i gotta think Sabres will bring their A-game. I worded it wrong.

Be not afraid.

Please, follow Ruff, and

He will give you wins.

wow - full marks.

Be not afraid.

Please, follow Ruff, and

He will give you wins.

Eloquent and refined - not unlike a Deluca opinion or a PA Lindy bash.

Be not afraid.

Please, follow Ruff, and

He will give you wins.

Not exactly as I remember learning it from Sister Francelita at Blessed Sacrament but ... I like this version.

Archived