So, is anyone else looking over their shoulder at ........

deluca67

The Sens?

Six in a row and a healthy Spezza? I know the Sabres have games in hand. I'm just saying, don't be surprised if it gets a lot closer.

There is no doubt the Sens will be there in the end... I say bring 'em on.

Yes. 7 points different and they are getting more healthy. 6 in a row for them?

I hope they finish 4th or 5th and play Pittsburgh in the playoffs. If we end up 2nd or 3rd in the conference, which I think we could, the possibility of meeting them in the playoffs would be small (likely the conference final) if the standings end up this way..

I'm sure of this. The Sabres need to get that proverbial monkey off their collective backs and what better way to do so then to beat them in the playoffs.

Worked in ought-six. That momentum would have carried the Sabs to the Cup, if not for the injuries, and we all know it. I think the Carolina folks know it, too.

Worked in ought-six. That momentum would have carried the Sabs to the Cup, if not for the injuries, and we all know it. I think the Carolina folks know it, too.

Hard to argue with this piece of Buffalo sports conventional wisdom that will live forever.

But I will.

Despite the injuries, the Sabres led 2-1 with 20 minutes to go before you know who allowed three straight goals.

Hard to argue with this piece of Buffalo sports conventional wisdom that will live forever.

But I will.

Despite the injuries, the Sabres led 2-1 with 20 minutes to go before you know who allowed three straight goals.

I know what you're saying, but would you also agree that with 4 starting defencemen out (and at least 2 guys with *minimal* NHL experience) that may have made a difference? Like, say, in the third period of a game 7 the guys with <5 games experience didn't play as well as some vets would, making it pretty tough on the goalie?

EDIT: heh, using 'hard' and 'on' in proximity got flagged by the censor.

I know what you're saying, but would you also agree that with 4 starting defencemen out (and at least 2 guys with *minimal* NHL experience) that may have made a difference? Like, say, in the third period of a game 7 the guys with <5 games experience didn't play as well as some vets would, making it pretty tough on the goalie?

1) Good point.

2) SDS, PLEASE, can you take care of this? I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that this board does not devolve into an excess of obscenity.

Would beating the Sens in a playoff series make a playoff run mean more?

No. If they beat the Sens and don't win the Cup, it's, at most, a minor moral victory.

And if they win the Cup, who cares if they beat the Sens or not.

Now, if the Sens knock the Sabres out of the playoffs... :sick:

Yep. It was a lot of weird playoff goals that found their way in, and I have trouble believing that experienced defensemen wouldn't have helped enormously. If for nothing else we wouldn't have had Rory Fitzpatrick on the ice killing a penalty late in Game 7.

The Sens?

Six in a row and a healthy Spezza? I know the Sabres have games in hand. I'm just saying, don't be surprised if it gets a lot closer.

For me personally, I'm trying to not think that way. I really believe the only reason to feel that way in the 1st place is because Sabres fans are concerned given the terrible performance head-to-head. With anyone else, a 7 point lead with 3 games at hand and by FAR the toughest road stretch only 1 game from ending... we wouldn't even be THINKING about anyone catching Buffalo.

There's only one way to take care of the Senators monkey forever. Beat them in the rest of the reg. season games, get more points than they get in the reg. season, and beat them in the playoffs en route to the Finals. Other than that, there will still be unanswered questions. Gotta take them on and beat them, period!

For me personally, I'm trying to not think that way. I really believe the only reason to feel that way in the 1st place is because Sabres fans are concerned given the terrible performance head-to-head. With anyone else, a 7 point lead with 3 games at hand and by FAR the toughest road stretch only 1 game from ending... we wouldn't even be THINKING about anyone catching Buffalo.

I can honestly say that I'm not even remotely watching the standings yet. The games have been fun, we lost a few recently, but won a lot more before that. That's as far as I can care until after the break. Even then, not that much. I really don't care what seed we end up, as long as it isn't 9th or lower.

There's only one way to take care of the Senators monkey forever. Beat them in the rest of the reg. season games, get more points than they get in the reg. season, and beat them in the playoffs en route to the Finals. Other than that, there will still be unanswered questions. Gotta take them on and beat them, period!

Didn't the Sabres do that in '06?!

This monkey likes to jump around a lot.

I really don't care what seed we end up, as long as it isn't 9th or lower.

Yeah, even when they were sitting in the #1 spot, I was watching those 6-13 games, especially with NE teams, to see if those teams were getting further away more than I was watching NJ or Washington. That will come later, when I am certain that they will be in.

Yeah, even when they were sitting in the #1 spot, I was watching those 6-13 games, especially with NE teams, to see if those teams were getting further away more than I was watching NJ or Washington. That will come later, when I am certain that they will be in.

Somebodddddddy elllllllse hasssssss foggggggggy brain. :)

These late night games are killing us.

5 points back. I can't fathom that 1 week from tomorrow night, the Sabres could find themselves chasing Ottawa for first.

Actually, they are somewhere between 5 and 11 points back after tonight. We'll seen if the Sabres can take advantage of those three games-in-hand, but they are not (necessarily) worthless.

Archived