GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

I'll have to catch the replay on Center Ice because I'll be out to dinner with the wife's family :death: .

I wouldn't be surprised if we won, wouldn't be surprised if we lost, but something tells me we will pull this out. Vanek and Connolly seem to have heated up again, Fleury may sit out, Miller is well rested and the Penguins aren't playing their best right now. Most importantly, the Pens are from Pittsburgh not Ottawa.

So, I'll predict a 4-2 victory. Vanek, Connolly, Kennedy and Gaustad light the lamp. :beer:

I'm hoping the Pens have one eye on tomorrow's game against the Devs..

The first period today will make all the difference. A meh start and we'll be chasing the game all night long, even if we don't concede early, just like happened against the Sens. A fast start and a goal or two and we'll have the Pens worried.

Ideal situation would be getting a ton of shots on Johnson if he starts, he has been abysmal against us as a Cap. We played toe to toe against the Pens last time around with Lalime in and Vanek & Goose out.

Faceoffs will be crucial today - the Pens are really skilled and fast, and if we can play keep away from them for long periods of time we should come up on top.

Yep, a loss tonight drops them out of the playoff race. Definite must win. Ruff should be fired if they lose tonight. Right?

Lose, win. It's always a good time to fire Ruff. lindymustgo.com, coming January 1, 2010. A new coach for a new decade!

Yep, a loss tonight drops them out of the playoff race. Definite must win. Ruff should be fired if they lose tonight. Right?

If the Sabres win they will only be prolonging the inevitable collapse anyway, so we should probably clean house and fire Ruff, Regier and the Top Six regardless of the outcome. If they lose, the Sabres will likely be relocated to Las Vegas by year's end.

Despite the title, the article says this ...

Fans could be in for quite the goaltending duel if Fleury and Miller oppose each other Tuesday.

If they oppose each other, not when they oppose each other.

Despite the title, the article says this ...

If the oppose each other, not when they oppose each other.

I read somewhere last night that Pitt was playing Johnson against us tonight. I wish I could remember where I saw that...

edit: found it, bottom of the Bill Hoppe article.

http://www.sabrespace.com/buffalo-sabres/article/stafford-hoping-to-break-slump-following-benching/

It doesn't definitively claim Johnson is starting, but I'd bet money Pitt knows how good their chances are against us with a backup in net.

I read somewhere last night that Pitt was playing Johnson against us tonight. I wish I could remember where I saw that...

edit: found it, bottom of the Bill Hoppe article.

http://www.sabrespac...owing-benching/

It doesn't definitively claim Johnson is starting, but I'd bet money Pitt knows how good their chances are against us with a backup in net.

It's an utter lack of respect and should fire up the Fab Five! :w00t:

Probably the only game I'll see (at HSBC) this year unless we make the Eastern Conference Finals

Last game against the Pens, if I remember correctly, they were all over us the first period and our D looked VERY slow in our own end... their top two lines just swarming all over. Be crisp on D, and the offense will come (well hopefully).

Also, Gen. Mac. with at least a goal, though I won't predict a win!

Archived