GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Dare I suggest that Ruff knew what he was doing when he benched Festivus-boy?

If that's the case then I suggest a rotation policy whereby each of the top 6 rides the pine before selected games to hone their performances!

No Ruff will get no credit for that from the list of guys that want Ruffs head, they will say that Briere and Drury made the call.......... :rolleyes:

Good work Lindy, you woke Drew up......... :beer:

This will be an interesting call.. Puck was in, but not visible.. Stafford taking shot. Lindy, I hope you're right here

Remember the play when the puck was in, I want to say Biron's glove, and the glove went back over the goal line but the puck was not visible? The goal counted after review? What's the difference here? The puck was under McKee, and McKee was shoved into the net. But a Sabre shoved McKee into the net. So... no goal? I don't know. It worked out OK.

Edit: Rule 69.6. In the event that the puck is under a player in or around the crease area (deliberately or otherwise), a goal cannot be scored by pushing this player together with the puck into the goal.

Ladies and gentlemen, the monkey has just left the building.

Remember the play when the puck was in, I want to say Biron's glove, and the glove went back over the goal line but the puck was not visible? The goal counted after review? What's the difference here? The puck was under McKee, and McKee was shoved into the net. But a Sabre shoved McKee into the net. So... no goal? I don't know. It worked out OK.

Ladies and gentlemen, the monkey has just left the building.

A Sabre (Gaustad?) inadvertently kicked it under McKee. Lots of things to consider on that call.

No Ruff will get no credit for that from the list of guys that want Ruffs head, they will say that Briere and Drury made the call.......... :rolleyes:

Good work Lindy, you woke Drew up......... :beer:

Benchings almost never work this well. So if you want to concede that Ruff's success rate is 5%, fine.

How many more times are they going to show up sleepwalking through the first period? They looked like they were skating in quicksand. I'm glad Miller was pissed because he should have been. The Sabres have no business winning this game. I'll be happy if they do, but they play early like they have no heart at all. I really feel bad for the fans at the game to have to sit through a first period like that. To be behind by only one goal is beyond belief and kudos to Lalime for coming to the rescue and keeping this sorry bunch in the game. It's really hard to believe lately that we are a first place team. Most opponents looks quicker to the puck - like we're out of shape or don't have the hustle. It was there in the beginning of the year, but they look like a shadow of their former selves. I guess that's why they play the game - you never know how it will turn out in the end, and this team can look like crap one minute and then turn it on and get the win. Teams like Ottawa, Pittsburgh and Atlanta don't have the same comeback karma for Buffalo like Toronto, Montreal or any Western conference team does though.

Got to love the play of Lalime these days.. Hold on buddy for one more period... I got a feeling we're going to be talking about this game for some time to come.

Can a case be made for reinserting Miller?

Someone refresh my memory as to why the Sabres can't call a forward up -- or aren't calling a forward up?

How many more times are they going to show up sleepwalking through the first period? They looked like they were skating in quicksand. I'm glad Miller was pissed because he should have been. The Sabres have no business winning this game. I'll be happy if they do, but they play early like they have no heart at all. I really feel bad for the fans at the game to have to sit through a first period like that. To be behind by only one goal is beyond belief and kudos to Lalime for coming to the rescue and keeping this sorry bunch in the game. It's really hard to believe lately that we are a first place team. Most opponents looks quicker to the puck - like we're out of shape or don't have the hustle. It was there in the beginning of the year, but they look like a shadow of their former selves. I guess that's why they play the game - you never know how it will turn out in the end, and this team can look like crap one minute and then turn it on and get the win. Teams like Ottawa, Pittsburgh and Atlanta don't have the same comeback karma for Buffalo like Toronto, Montreal or any Western conference team does though.

Good post. I'm going to rewind the recording to get the details, but on that late power play, a puck went to the far wall and one of the Sabres just lollygagged down the boards. A Penguin easily beat him to the puck and cleared it.

Can a case be made for reinserting Miller?

Someone refresh my memory as to why the Sabres can't call a forward up -- or aren't calling a forward up?

Outside of an injury, I can't say I have ever seen that..

Archived