GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Since the Pens lost, I wonder if their fans want the GM and coach fired along with trading half the team. :rolleyes:

Man, you have to read that thread to believe it. They laid the blame of yesterday's choke squarely on Gonchar (Gonch) and Tangers (Letang); Kunitz, Malkin & Fleury (MAF) also received quite a lot of flak.

They have more than their fair share of PASabres & DeLucas on that board.. I have to say I really hate that whole font and layout on that board, blech!

Man, you have to read that thread to believe it. They laid the blame of yesterday's choke squarely on Gonchar (Gonch) and Tangers (Letang); Kunitz, Malkin & Fleury (MAF) also received quite a lot of flak.

They have more than their fair share of PASabres & DeLucas on that board.. I have to say I really hate that whole font and layout on that board, blech!

Haha, I was only kidding about all the "never happy" fans, I know every team has them. What don't you like about the board layout? I went to the homepage and DAMN there's a lot of posts on there! Must be an old forum.

25 pages of Pens board and I got these excerpts as the game went on...

This is going to be Fleury's first shutout in a year, I can feel it.

Boo. There goes the SO. I'm gonna break something if the Sabres come back in this game because they've been completely out-played.

Ryan Miller? No problem. Patrick Lalime? Brick wall.

That penalty shot might've turned this whole game around.

Son of a *****

Omg. ****

Choke of epic proportions inc.

Couldn't beat the Leafs, how the hell do they expect to beat the Sabres???

talbots stick - fail

the "lalime-wall"

Originally Posted by Cairbre Letang's going to net one this period. Bank on it

The only way he gets a goal is if he "banks" it in off of someone else while he's missing the net by 4 feet.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

This game makes me want to stab out a kitten's eyes...

Originally Posted by gearharb This team needs a big, nasty forward. It wouldve be nice to see Grier on the Pens this year, everytime Malkin or Crosby is out there Grier is all over them.

Kinda a sad that we "need" a Mike Grier in order to play better.

Who's the clown that was talking about the SO at 3-0. 1 week ban imo.

Area of focus for the next 10 practices: Shot accuracy

Myers is a BEAST...what is he 19? We could use this guy...

Not much I can say, really. Yet again, we've failed to deliver against the best teams in the league.

"Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard."

Shero needs to structure Letang's new deal so that he gets paid $250K each time he hits the net. This way, we could lock him up for a solid cap hit of $1.25M indefinitely.

The cream of the East is rising and it's not the Pens. Washington, New Jersey, Buffalo. These teams are the teams to beat, nobody's afraid of the Pens anymore. They don't have a PP to speak of, the D is beyond horrible, players can't even hit the net, MAF looks like he is losing confidence.

And this one by one of our own:

I, as a Sabre fan, would like to thank the gentleman for calling the shutout after 3-0.

Beaten with the backup goalie.

pwned.

There was another one I liked that read something like this...

"We are getting beat by Drew f***ing Stafford!" :lol:

I normally don't go to other teams boards, but I had to see the reaction to blowing the 3-0 lead. Priceless!

Haha, I was only kidding about all the "never happy" fans, I know every team has them. What don't you like about the board layout? I went to the homepage and DAMN there's a lot of posts on there! Must be an old forum.

Howdy neighbor! I live in Boca, too. Cool to find a local Sabre fan.

This is going to be Fleury's first shutout in a year, I can feel it.

Boo. There goes the SO. I'm gonna break something if the Sabres come back in this game because they've been completely out-played.

Ryan Miller? No problem. Patrick Lalime? Brick wall.

That penalty shot might've turned this whole game around.

Son of a *****

Omg. ****

Choke of epic proportions inc.

Couldn't beat the Leafs, how the hell do they expect to beat the Sabres???

talbots stick - fail

the "lalime-wall"

Originally Posted by Cairbre Letang's going to net one this period. Bank on it

The only way he gets a goal is if he "banks" it in off of someone else while he's missing the net by 4 feet.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

This game makes me want to stab out a kitten's eyes...

Originally Posted by gearharb This team needs a big, nasty forward. It wouldve be nice to see Grier on the Pens this year, everytime Malkin or Crosby is out there Grier is all over them.

Kinda a sad that we "need" a Mike Grier in order to play better.

Who's the clown that was talking about the SO at 3-0. 1 week ban imo.

Area of focus for the next 10 practices: Shot accuracy

Myers is a BEAST...what is he 19? We could use this guy...

Not much I can say, really. Yet again, we've failed to deliver against the best teams in the league.

"Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard."

Shero needs to structure Letang's new deal so that he gets paid $250K each time he hits the net. This way, we could lock him up for a solid cap hit of $1.25M indefinitely.

The cream of the East is rising and it's not the Pens. Washington, New Jersey, Buffalo. These teams are the teams to beat, nobody's afraid of the Pens anymore. They don't have a PP to speak of, the D is beyond horrible, players can't even hit the net, MAF looks like he is losing confidence.

And this one by one of our own:

I, as a Sabre fan, would like to thank the gentleman for calling the shutout after 3-0.

Beaten with the backup goalie.

pwned.

I've read every one of these posts before...on this site.

EDIT: Well, maybe not the kitten's eyes thing.

There was another one I liked that read something like this...

"We are getting beat by Drew f***ing Stafford!" :lol:

I normally don't go to other teams boards, but I had to see the reaction to blowing the 3-0 lead. Priceless!

I did too, I looked so long that I got a brutal headache........ :bag:

I so agree with this. The whole concept of the Buffalo PP needs a serious overhual. It starts by putting someone else besides Vanek at the net for tips.

I like Rivet and Myers up top with Vanek Left, Gaustad Middle, Pominville Right..

for the second one I'd go with

Roy and Hechts up top with Stafford Left, Grier Middle and Kennedy Right

I know folks will jump all over that second one especially, but I like the potential of it...

I HATE Rivet on the power play. Too slow with the puck. Second PP will always have a couple d-men on the point so when it ends there's not 4 forwards on the ice.

I HATE Rivet on the power play. Too slow with the puck. Second PP will always have a couple d-men on the point so when it ends there's not 4 forwards on the ice.

Yeah I know, let's just call it hockey's wild cat..

HOWDY! Sure sucks trying to find some decent wings in this area isn't it?

Have you been to any of the Bru's Rooms? They're usually pretty damn good. Very good Blue Cheese, but you have to make sure that the wings aren't "pre-fried". PM me if you'd like to meet up for a happy hour or maybe a Sabre game sometime!

Have you been to any of the Bru's Rooms? They're usually pretty damn good. Very good Blue Cheese, but you have to make sure that the wings aren't "pre-fried". PM me if you'd like to meet up for a happy hour or maybe a Sabre game sometime!

My brother watches Bills games there. Those weeks are really good. I'm there once a year.

I'm out of town for a while right now, gonna have to celebrate New Years away from home. I used to go to a wings place on Federal just north of 20th St. called "Boca Wings and Ribs". The lady who owned the place was there from at least 1994 until last year when she sold it. She was from BFLO and had wings about as close as you're gonna get to real BFLO wings. Since she sold it I only went back once and it's not the same.

Archived