GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

That's all well and good, but it seems like Ruff is having to solve a problem of his own making. Does he get credit for that? How many NHL backups have to be sent down to the minors to get playing time?

Depends on how you look at it. How many more games would Lalime have had to play earlier to be fresh now? How many games did Miller not look fresh in? How many points would we have lost to keep Patty fresh? Is Enroth any worse than Patty? We had a light schedule and Lindy played Miller heavily. In doing so, they locked in more points than they probably would have playing Lalime more. They have a backup now in Enroth, who has stayed fresh by playing in the AHL. When Patty is fresh again, then he will be the backup again. Seems like a similar state - fresh backup for the upcoming tight schedule - with better than likely results during the early light period.

I didn't know that Patty could be sent down without clearing waviers. What is the deal on that?

I believe conditioning doesn't count.

If I'm not mistaken, if he's sent down for a conditioning stint, then he remains on the roster for the NHL. So, you don't get any cap relief. An exception is when the player is coming off of LTIR (again, I believe ... feeling too lazy to look it up.)

If I'm not mistaken, if he's sent down for a conditioning stint, then he remains on the roster for the NHL. So, you don't get any cap relief. An exception is when the player is coming off of LTIR (again, I believe ... feeling too lazy to look it up.)

That sounds correct.

Eck is reporting that Lalime being sent down is all part of finding out if Enroth is ready, in light of the Miller for Kane rumors.

Until further notice, Miller should be absolutely untouchable. Best player on this team by a freakin order of magnitude and one of the few leaders on team IMO

Of course, Eck is correct about 1 percent of the time, so I'm not worried.

Not 100% sure, but I believe a change like that will show up in the live feed of all your FB friends, so not as scary as it might appear at first blush.

Yeah, but anyone who goes out and friends Enroth is probably one of those people that has about 7000 friends in their list. Seriously, if you friend Enroth, you must have the rest of the roster on there too, right?

He also has to agree to the conditioning stint.

Until further notice, Miller should be absolutely untouchable. Best player on this team by a freakin order of magnitude and one of the few leaders on team IMO

Of course, Eck is correct about 1 percent of the time, so I'm not worried.

Well then there's the fact that PA's joking around on this one. I hope I'm not ruining his fun, but my god, the sarcasm meters are really broken around this board this week.

He also has to agree to the conditioning stint.

Correct:

13.8. Conditioning Assignment. Unless a player consents, he shall not be sent to a minor league club for conditioning reasons. Nor shall such conditioning extend for more than 14 consecutive days without the player's consent. The player shall continue, during such period or mutually agreed to extension of such period, to receive the same salary, and be entitled to the same benefits, that he could have received had he continued to play with the Club.

7:00pm

This game will mark the first time I've ever had to use the PIP function of my dish dvr. Luckily, the Bills don't start playing till about the middle of the 2nd period. As for the Sabres, I'd absolutely love it if we could keep on riding miller, but I'd rather get Lalime a victory, since I don't think he's ever won a game for the Sabres, ever. LETS GO BUFFALO!

I checked it out the other day...he's won 5 lost 15... I was shocked! that is beyond horrible!!!

That's all well and good, but it seems like Ruff is having to solve a problem of his own making. Does he get credit for that? How many NHL backups have to be sent down to the minors to get playing time?

Well, if a 15-year, $67.5 million starting goaltender can go down and play in the AHL (linky) then i see no harm at all in Lalime playing at Portland and getting some games under his belt - that's just brilliant!

Well, if a 15-year, $67.5 million starting goaltender can go down and play in the AHL (linky) then i see no harm at all in Lalime playing at Portland and getting some games under his belt - that's just brilliant!

This move has to be seen for its humor. How do Lindy Ruff's backups get playing time? In the minors!

Archived