GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

And all those complaints from fans from teams like Carolina when we take over their building? It's kind of funny reading posts complaining about opposing fans in our building after all the negativity we've seen in here in response to those Hurricane fans.

The Buffalo diaspora fan is an entirely different animal. They're rowdy. They cheer. They chant. They hold up signs. They're obnoxious.

The response to "Go Leafs Go" at HSBC Arena shouldn't be booing. That's just embarassing.

The Buffalo diaspora fan is an entirely different animal. They're rowdy. They cheer. They chant. They hold up signs. They're obnoxious.

The response to "Go Leafs Go" at HSBC Arena shouldn't be booing. That's just embarassing.

Ahhhh, the old booing approach. It always makes it sound like you're booing your own team. A classic out here in Boston.

Ahhhh, the old booing approach. It always makes it sound like you're booing your own team. A classic out here in Boston.

Speaking of boos, I always thought it would be smart for enemy fans to boo the home team -- during home power plays, for example, and off the ice after bad periods. Brilliant.

Nope. Some of the best at the games against the Leafs or Habs are:

"Why u leaving so soon? Your team still has 2 minutes to get 5 goals"

"Blow Leafs Blow"

"Your team is so much better with Spacek"

"Shut -up, shutup shutup shut-up"

The last time I was at HSBC for a game v. Les Habs, a couple habs fans in their jerseys walked into a bathroom as everyone was hitting the head one last time after a Sabres victory, and everyone in the bathroom started chanting "you're gay, you'regayyou'regayyou'regay, you're gay, you're gay." I would have thought it was hysterical if I hadn't had my then 8 year old son in tow. The sheepish look on the Habs fans faces was pretty priceless, though.

That has a missing sexual harassment joke in the worst way.

My original post read this way...

- Nice to see Kennedy get rewarded on the score sheet. I continue to be impressed by his willingness to take the body and it just reinforces my belief that playing physical has nothing to do with how big you are. It's all about WANTING to do it.

I changed it though because Ink would have had a field day with that line. :lol:

Completely different story tonight though. Montreal killed off a full 5-3 PP and then scored on the next shift afterwards. They are spanking Boston 3-0 late 2nd. Perfect scenario for Buffalo. They get to keep first if this holds up. Sens lost to Kings last night so they can't catch Buffalo. Make that 4-0 late 2nd.

Make that 5-0.. Cammalleri has a hatty before the 2nd is up..

Gotta love hockey. A tired Montreal team comes home after getting routed the night before and absolutely hands it to a rested Boston.

All this on the 100 anniversary of the team. Treating the home fans to a heckuva game..

Archived