GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

7:00pm

This game will mark the first time I've ever had to use the PIP function of my dish dvr. Luckily, the Bills don't start playing till about the middle of the 2nd period. As for the Sabres, I'd absolutely love it if we could keep on riding miller, but I'd rather get Lalime a victory, since I don't think he's ever won a game for the Sabres, ever. LETS GO BUFFALO!

I'll be monitoring both games tonight.

Sabres, Bills, Sabres, Bills what's a fan to do? I can't record and watch later. That isn't in my chemistry. I don't have PIP. I guess I'll be flipping back and forth. Nice dilemna to have on Thursday night. Please let me go to bed happy with a sweep.

7:00pm

This game will mark the first time I've ever had to use the PIP function of my dish dvr. Luckily, the Bills don't start playing till about the middle of the 2nd period. As for the Sabres, I'd absolutely love it if we could keep on riding miller, but I'd rather get Lalime a victory, since I don't think he's ever won a game for the Sabres, ever. LETS GO BUFFALO!

I know it will be met with gnashing of teeth but I like your thinking here mister.

We know he does have to play sooner or later. He is a french canadian and probably grew up watching Les Habs. The Canadians have been playing poorly of late, Lalime needs to get off the snied big time(a win). I agree now is a good time to get the team playing stronger in front of him and Patty his first win and last Gomez is back playing and I don't want him running Miller.

So now is as good a time as any to try and get the backup goalie going, What's it going to be Lindy ?

Go Sabres, kick em(the canadians) when their down.

I also think Corp's thinking has merit. (Wait, what am I saying?)

Play the backup in a "big" game or against a better opponent and three things might happen: 1. The backup feels he has the coach's confidence and should want to return it. 2. The team might not tend to go to sleep the same way it might against a "bottom dweller." 3. The opponent might be taken quite aback.

Lindy might also think about playing Lalime as the so-called sacrificial lamb. Play him when a loss is more likely and save Miller for a lesser opponent at a time when conventional wisdom says the backup should play. Example: At Toronto on December 21 is the fourth game in six nights. Play Miller and let Lalime play in Washington two nights later (fifth in eight).

But, yeah, Lindy knows what he's doing, so we should just trust him.

I hope I never see lalime in net again. Miller is skipping practices and taking "mental reps" to stay fresh. Hope it works, as he could approach 100 games this year.

Go sabres! Beat the Habs 4-2 tonight, including and empty netter.

And for chz, vanek grows a pair.

Someone over at LGS mentioned that Jhonas Enroth has changed his facebook location to Buffalo. The last time this happened was the night before the Sabres announced that he had been called up (he obviously knew before they announced it.) So, it will be interesting to see who is on the bench and in net tonight.

Someone over at LGS mentioned that Jhonas Enroth has changed his facebook location to Buffalo. The last time this happened was the night before the Sabres announced that he had been called up (he obviously knew before they announced it.) So, it will be interesting to see who is on the bench and in net tonight.

Some people go a bit to far with their player stalking.

Nice pick up!

Maybe we should all stalk the players a little more! Turned out to be the scoop of the day!

I just don't get someone paying enough attention to facebook to see when a player makes a minor update like that. I miss the good old days of people hiding in bushes with cameras.

I just don't get someone paying enough attention to facebook to see when a player makes a minor update like that. I miss the good old days of people hiding in bushes with cameras.

Not 100% sure, but I believe a change like that will show up in the live feed of all your FB friends, so not as scary as it might appear at first blush.

If Miller is going to keep playing anyways this looks like a smart move.

But Ruff has said Lalime is going to see some action. In the very short term, I guess it does make some sense. Still, it just reinforces the idea that Ruff is bad at dealing with his backups.

But Ruff has said Lalime is going to see some action. In the very short term, I guess it does make some sense. Still, it just reinforces the idea that Ruff is bad at dealing with his backups.

Why not let Patty shake off the rust down in Portland before coming back up and taking games here. Enroth has been actively playing (had a shutout last night), so if he plays here, he will be fresh. Then, once Patty has a few games under his belt down there, he will be fresh, too. Seems like a smart idea to me.

Why not let Patty shake off the rust down in Portland before coming back up and taking games here. Enroth has been actively playing (had a shutout last night), so if he plays here, he will be fresh. Then, once Patty has a few games under his belt down there, he will be fresh, too. Seems like a smart idea to me.

That's all well and good, but it seems like Ruff is having to solve a problem of his own making. Does he get credit for that? How many NHL backups have to be sent down to the minors to get playing time?

That's all well and good, but it seems like Ruff is having to solve a problem of his own making. Does he get credit for that? How many NHL backups have to be sent down to the minors to get playing time?

I didn't know that Patty could be sent down without clearing waviers. What is the deal on that?

I didn't know that Patty could be sent down without clearing waviers. What is the deal on that?

I believe conditioning doesn't count.

Very interesting that Lalime gets sent down. I like the move honestly. I'd even go as far as playing Enroth tonight. After getting whumped by Toronto, Montreal SHOULD be an easy win tonight. "Should" being the operative word.

I believe conditioning doesn't count.

Very interesting that Lalime gets sent down. I like the move honestly. I'd even go as far as playing Enroth tonight. After getting whumped by Toronto, Montreal SHOULD be an easy win tonight. "Should" being the operative word.

Eck is reporting that Lalime being sent down is all part of finding out if Enroth is ready, in light of the Miller for Kane rumors.

Archived