Sabres announce Myers is staying

BetweenThePipes00

What part of the future can't you foresee?

I wonder what suit wanted the word "foreseeable" put in the statement, and why. Why not just say, "Myers is staying up with the team." Period.

You know, the part where he goes into a slump, plays like crap, and everybody slams Darcy for not sending him back down and wasting one of his years... stupid Darcy.

I'm growing shrooms. If you were a fun guy, I would offer you some.

"...I can see the music..."

Funny, I can't see ANY of the future ... maybe that is my problem ... I need some of PA's shrooms ...

You're using too narrow of a definition of "Forsee". Being able for Forsee something doesn't imply strict and certain knowledge that something in the future will happen. It allows for uncertainty. I can forsee anything I want. It doesn't necessarily mean it will happen, but I have anticipated it.

You're using too narrow of a definition of "Forsee". Being able for Forsee something doesn't imply strict and certain knowledge that something in the future will happen. It allows for uncertainty. I can forsee anything I want. It doesn't necessarily mean it will happen, but I have anticipated it.

What he said, jad.

Yeah, thanks ... I was kinda kidding.But while we are being picky, it's spelled "foresee" ... it looks funny, but it's true.

What part of the future can't you foresee?

I wonder what suit wanted the word "foreseeable" put in the statement, and why. Why not just say, "Myers is staying up with the team." Period.

I don't know if it was supposed to be a veiled threat at Myers to continue play well or we are going to see what is under the "foreseeable future" card, but nothing that comes out of the mouths of DR, LQ or OSP surprises me anymore. It is what it is.

I don't know if it was supposed to be a veiled threat at Myers to continue play well or we are going to see what is under the "forseeable future" card, but nothing that comes out of the mouths of DR, LQ or OSP surprises me anymore. It is what it is.

You guys kill me ... it's a common cliche that Darcy spewed out like reflex .... why does everything have to be a veiled threat or shot at someone?

All laughs aside, I think sending Meyers (just kidding SteamRoller 67)...Myers down, would have shown that ownership had no interest in putting the best team on the ice. By keeping him up, they commit to trying to compete against other clubs and ultimately win games deep into the playoffs. Trying to save a year on his contract (which is what this ultimately boiled down to since Myers proved over 9 games that he was able to perform well at the NHL level), would have shown they were more interested in maximizing profit than success.

Myers will no doubt have some rough nights (hopefully not too many) but this was the correct decision and only one if they wanted to keep hockey viable in Buffalo for the duration. If they'd sent him down and the team suddenly started to falter, we'd be second guessing the move all season. Just look how long it's taken everyone's psyche to recover from the Free Agent losses of recent years.

Archived