Sabres announce Myers is staying

BetweenThePipes00

This was a written, not a spoken, statement, right?

Actually I just listened to the audio linked up on the Buffalo News ... http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2009/10/sabres-myers-staying-together.html ... he may have written it down and given it to the web people first, I have no idea ...

An interesting wrinkle here I hadn't heard to this point is that Myers becomes a restricted free agent one year earlier because of this move; he'll have to play 40 games this year to see his UFA status similarly moved up.

And only after game 10 does his three year entry level contract kick in. What contract has he been playing under?

An interesting wrinkle here I hadn't heard to this point is that Myers becomes a restricted free agent one year earlier because of this move; he'll have to play 40 games this year to see his UFA status similarly moved up.

And only after game 10 does his three year entry level contract kick in. What contract has he been playing under?

I assumed he is playing under that deal but if he went back year 1 starts over again ...

That is a nice wrinkle though if he gets hurt or something and doesn't play half the games, the year doesn't count toward his UFA status. Either way, it's SEVEN years away ... there will probably be another work stoppage before that, so the CBA could look totally different.

You're using too narrow of a definition of "Forsee". Being able for Forsee something doesn't imply strict and certain knowledge that something in the future will happen. It allows for uncertainty. I can forsee anything I want. It doesn't necessarily mean it will happen, but I have anticipated it.

FWIW, I hate fors... oh, nevermind.

I wonder if he's going to move out of the hotel now. I believe he said he would look around for a house/apartment should he be kept up. Hockey players being so superstitious, maybe he'll stay at Motel 6. Finding a place and moving in, with all that entails, would be a huge distraction for this kid. Stay put, Tyler. We'll keep the red light on for ya.

You guys kill me ... it's a common cliche that Darcy spewed out like reflex .... why does everything have to be a veiled threat or shot at someone?

You do realize that PA is now going to turn himself into the police now, right?

The wording of the whole thing has been off from the start. A player can't play without a contract, so he has been playing under the terms of the deal he signed over the summer. If he had been sent down, he still would've been paid for the days he was here, following the exact money terms lined out in the contract. And if that had happened, his contract basically would've been extended one extra year at the same terms.

Yeah, thanks ... I was kinda kidding.But while we are being picky, it's spelled "foresee" ... it looks funny, but it's true.

You got me on the spelling, but you're just being picky about me being critical of your crappy response to PA's legitimate discussion post.

You got me on the spelling, but you're just being picky about me being critical of your crappy response to PA's legitimate discussion post.

I can't even argue with you, I don't know what the hell you are talking about.

I wasn't the only one cracking wise about PA's ability to "see/forsee/foresee" the future ... even HE joined in. Sorry if mine didn't live up to your comedic standards and has now been deemed "crappy."

I wonder if he's going to move out of the hotel now. I believe he said he would look around for a house/apartment should he be kept up. Hockey players being so superstitious, maybe he'll stay at Motel 6. Finding a place and moving in, with all that entails, would be a huge distraction for this kid. Stay put, Tyler. We'll keep the red light on for ya.

Is he cool enough to stay in your basement?? I'm sure Stenbro could extend the invite in person.

Oh ya, ib4stenbro...

*loves to mix it up a bit*

Archived