GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Strow

If "duds" line are correct, then it looks that way. Lindy doesn't like to give his lines designations, so I'm sure it won't be looked at that way.

Just to be clear I got that lineup from sabres.com reports story not of my own making... However as you all know Lindy will do what Lindy will do and likes to play this guessing game with other teams right up to NHL says you have to submit your lineup... Let's get r started...

Pretty sure that Kennedy centered Hecht and Grier last game; if not, then at least for a good part of it.

Stafford was "promoted" in the third period of last game and Kennedy was moved back between Grier and Hecht for at least a portion of that period. At the end, though, I believe that Goose was up between them.

For everything else that he does really well, Tim Kennedy could probably challenge Pominville for the "most shots wide of the net from less than 10 ft away."

Really, really like how he plays defensively though. TK brings an element of play we haven't seen much of the last couple of seasons...backchecking.

I convulsed about four times thinking the Sabres had scored. Who had the early "Ovechkin" chance?

Anyone else thinking Harry Neale actually sounds coherent tonight?

Good period for the Sabres, minus about the last 50 seconds.

Yep. He's making up for Rick's crazy(n).

Okay a solid first period and a weak second. They've needed Miller to bale 'em out several times this period. For the first game I'm actually getting to see I've got to say I'm a bit disappointed with this so called grit we are supposed to have this year.( I know shouldn't expect a leopard to change it's spots with no real major player changes)

One issue with the 2nd period I've got is all these lazy stick checks and failure to play the body and finish the checks that are there for taking. Second is one cross ice or back pass too many with a trapping team that type of play never works against. IMO looks a bit like last year, failure to captilize on chances, not playing physical and getting a little too cute fancy when the smart play is get it deep or on net and then crash the net.

Although I will also admit the biggest difference Ive seen from last year is not as many breakdowns leaving Miller to fend to himself and more backchecking and sticks/body's in the lanes. I just wish they were throwing them around a little more. Last the Kennedy,Grier Hecht line had some of the best chances that period....

All right Sabs make my night and first game I'm seeing this year worthwhile, step it up for 3rd and get r' done...Go Bflo

Okay a solid first period and a weak second. They've needed Miller to bale 'em out several times this period. For the first game I'm actually getting to see I've got to say I'm a bit disappointed with this so called grit we are supposed to have this year.( I know shouldn't expect a leopard to change it's spots with no real major player changes)

One issue with the 2nd period I've got is all these lazy stick checks and failure to play the body and finish the checks that are there for taking. Second is one cross ice or back pass too many with a trapping team that type of play never works against. IMO looks a bit like last year, failure to captilize on chances, not playing physical and getting a little too cute fancy when the smart play is get it deep or on net and then crash the net.

Although I will also admit the biggest difference Ive seen from last year is not as many breakdowns leaving Miller to fend to himself and more backchecking and sticks/body's in the lanes. I just wish they were throwing them around a little more. Last the Kennedy,Grier Hecht line had some of the best chances that period....

All right Sabs make my night and first game I'm seeing this year worthwhile, step it up for 3rd and get r' done...Go Bflo

This.

Archived