GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Strow

Yeee-haaah!!!

Put on your sh*t-kickers and kick some sh*t!

Let's go for win # 2 tonight in ol' Nashville.

Don't remember us having a good game against Rinne last season.

I believe it was a home game.

Keep the shots-on-goal numbers up where they have been and finish #'s 26, 19, 29, 9 & the rest.

It would be nice to see a offensive explosion. Maybe 3 or 4 goals tonight? The Sabres have to be leading the league over the past two seasons in total games in which they score 2 goals or less.

Very interested in seeing the third game of the Tyler Myers era. They should just print the lineup cards with his name already on it and let Lindy fill in the rest.

Projected Nashville lineup from the gameday thread on the Nashville hfboards site (http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=690759):

Sullivan Arnott Hörnqvist

Santorelli Legwand Erat

Jones Goc Ward

Guite Smithson Belak

Weber Suter

Hamhuis Bouillon

Laakso Klein

Rinne

Is there a Dumont injury that I'm not aware of? Don't think he'd be a healthy scratch, so I presume he's injured? Did I miss this?

Is there a Dumont injury that I'm not aware of? Don't think he'd be a healthy scratch, so I presume he's injured? Did I miss this?

He got hurt in the first game, and is game-to-game. I haven't seen anything stating that he's definitely out for tonight, by the way.

All right Center Ice is back again so first game I get to see firsthand tonight. I'm looking foward to seeing this full 60 minutes hard working team that I've been reading about and the 'kid', Meyers. First impressions last.....

Miller in goal again tonight, starting lines expected to be

Thomas Vanek – Derek Roy – Drew Stafford

Clarke MacArthur – Tim Connolly – Jason Pominville

Mike Grier – Tim Kennedy – Jochen Hecht

Pat Kaleta – Matt Ellis – Paul Gaustad

Lets go Sabres

All right Center Ice is back again so first game I get to see firsthand tonight. I'm looking foward to seeing this full 60 minutes hard working team that I've been reading about and the 'kid', Meyers. First impressions last.....

Lets go Sabres

Gaustad haters should like those lines

wow -- yes, he did.

seems uncharacteristic for jp to have kept his head down like that, for that long, in that area of the ice.

hope he's feeling better.

"Clean hit," the announcer says. How is that possibly clean? The hitter left his skates before the hit. No elbow to the head -- just a sweet forearm shiver. And what's with this "head down" crap? I'm sorry -- that's just a perfect illustration of what X. and I and others have been debating in another thread. Hockey is not a better game because that hit on Dumont is considered "clean" and legal.

"Clean hit," the announcer says. How is that possibly clean? The hitter left his skates before the hit. No elbow to the head -- just a sweet forearm shiver. And what's with this "head down" crap? I'm sorry -- that's just a perfect illustration of what X. and I and others have been debating in another thread. Hockey is not a better game because that hit on Dumont is considered "clean" and legal.

i'm all for eliminating blows to the head -- ohl juniors style -- i think it's shrader who educated me to that school of thought.

but robidas' hit is not one that i would put in a reel of incidents supporting such a rule change. he didn't leave his feet to deliver the hit -- but the laws of physics dictated that he "jump" a little following the collision. dumont was practically sniffing his own d*ck when robidas (all 5'10"/180# of him by the looks of it) stepped into him -- and how was the d-man supposed to finish his check, with his arms behind his back?

but like i said, i have no problem with a sea-change in the game's culture dictating that blows to the head will result in a variety of in-game and supplemental discipline, whether the contact was intentional or not.

Lets go Sabres

Your last 2 lines would be better off like this:

Hecht-Gaustad-Grier

Ellis-Kennedy-Kaleta

Anyone know the status tonight of Lydman? Mair?

If "duds" line are correct, then it looks that way. Lindy doesn't like to give his lines designations, so I'm sure it won't be looked at that way.

The Nashville site I linked to above had them slightly different, but I don't know how Predators fans would know anything about what's inside Ruff's head, when we don't. Anyway, it looked like this, and I kind of liked it:

Thomas Vanek – Derek Roy – Tim Connolly

Clarke MacArthur – Tim Kennedy – Jason Pominville

Mike Grier – Paul Gaustad – Jochen Hecht

Pat Kaleta – Matt Ellis – Drew Stafford

The Nashville site I linked to above had them slightly different, but I don't know how Predators fans would know anything about what's inside Ruff's head, when we don't. Anyway, it looked like this, and I kind of liked it:

Thomas Vanek – Derek Roy – Tim Connolly

Clarke MacArthur – Tim Kennedy – Jason Pominville

Mike Grier – Paul Gaustad – Jochen Hecht

Pat Kaleta – Matt Ellis – Drew Stafford

Those were the lines for last game. Lindy has reunited staff with Roy and vanek. Not sure if mair will be inserted into the lineup.

Those were the lines for last game. Lindy has reunited staff with Roy and vanek. Not sure if mair will be inserted into the lineup.

Pretty sure that Kennedy centered Hecht and Grier last game; if not, then at least for a good part of it.

Very interested in seeing the third game of the Tyler Myers era.

And the fourth game....and the fifth game. This kid makes me happy to be a Sabre fan. So far, he just looks great. I couldn't believe he was already on the powerplay. I've been buying old tires in case he gets sent down after 9 games. Its going to be a riot and I want to do my part in the protest.

Remember how Tom Barasso came in out of high school and won the Vezina? I hope we are not stuck watching Myers win a cup with a different team like Barasso did. Make him a Sabre for life

And the fourth game....and the fifth game. This kid makes me happy to be a Sabre fan. So far, he just looks great. I couldn't believe he was already on the powerplay. I've been buying old tires in case he gets sent down after 9 games. Its going to be a riot and I want to do my part in the protest.

Remember how Tom Barasso came in out of high school and won the Vezina? I hope we are not stuck watching Myers win a cup with a different team like Barasso did. Make him a Sabre for life

Line of the young season!

Archived