GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

7:00pm

Well, its on! Game one of 82 begins tomorrow night and hopefully the sabres can flush the disaster of last two seasons down the toilet. I really have no idea how the team has looked during pre season or training camp, as I've been dealing with my 3 week old son. He will see his first Sabres game with dad tomorrow though, so hopefully it will go a little better than his first Bills game with dad!

As always, these threads will be pinned no earlier than 24 hours before the game and unpinned no later than 24 hours after the game all season. If anyone beats me to the punch, someone on the mod team will pin your thread for you. Please refrain from stupid posts like "ugh" or "yes" or stuff like that. Make them informative. Also, multiple threads about the game will be consolidated into the GDT.

LETS GO BUFFALO!

I'm pumped. I'll be there, section 300, 4th row.

Hope Sabres make a statement and play a strong game all around. Not only score a few on Price, who looked good vs. Toronto, but also anwser anything from the Habs when they attack our players or Miller, because you know they will make runs at Miller. They ran at Toskala and the Leafs didn't allow them, they made them pay. I wonder what the Sabres will do. I also wonder which line Kennedy will be on. I got a feeling if Stafford plays, he'll play as a top 6 and Kennedy will see majority of time with the 4th line. But all eyes will be on Tyler Myers. Very interested to see how the kid does.

I will say 5-2 Sabres. Vanek, Roy, Kennedy, Pommer and Sekera.

C'mon, man!beer.gif

Starting lineups, if they're known. I'm just getting back into the swing of things.

Sounds like it will be:

Vanek-Roy-Connolly

MacArthur-Kennedy-Pommer

Hecht-Gaustad-Grier

Paille-Ellis-Kaleta

with the possibility that Stafford returns from a mild concussion, probably on the fourth line in Paille's place.

Sounds like it will be:

Vanek-Roy-Connolly

MacArthur-Kennedy-Pommer

Hecht-Gaustad-Grier

Paille-Ellis-Kaleta

with the possibility that Stafford returns from a mild concussion, probably on the fourth line in Paille's place.

OK, thanks! A little surprised Kennedy is #2 center, but we'll see.

I don't dare ask for defensive pairingsrolleyes.gif

BTW, anyone know why my emoticons are not showing up correctly? They're enabled.

OK, thanks! A little surprised Kennedy is #2 center, but we'll see.

I don't dare ask for defensive pairingsrolleyes.gif

BTW, anyone know why my emoticons are not showing up correctly? They're enabled.

We're in the same boat with the emoticons. Must be a glitch happening. I imagine Scott will take care of it in due time.

Most importantly, I won't be watching this game tomorrow. A. I don't have my cable hooked up yet and B. RIT hockey starts tomorrow night. So I have better hockey to watch. :-P

We're in the same boat with the emoticons. Must be a glitch happening. I imagine Scott will take care of it in due time.

Most importantly, I won't be watching this game tomorrow. A. I don't have my cable hooked up yet and B. RIT hockey starts tomorrow night. So I have better hockey to watch. :-P

Do you think we'll live long enough to see RIT win the Division 1 national title?

Do you think we'll live long enough to see RIT win the Division 1 national title?

I might... ;)

Honestly, they need to get over their whole choking in the playoffs thing first. We've beat some really notable non-conference teams before, but we really need to just win our own playoffs. If we can get over that hurdle, who knows.

so glad to see the thread!!! It6s been way too long hopefully this year we don't have to wait as long between game 82 and game 1. Lets hope the crash the net tonight and rattle Price. Take no guff and make sure that they stand tall on the blueline.

AMEN!!

In the Leafs/Habs game, people were saying that Toronto looked like they know how to play hockey now. Other than the OT period, to me that game looked like a pile of dog barf. I didn't think either team looked that good.

Sabres win 6-2.

I thought the GDT wasn't supposed to launch until 12:00:01 AM on game day. Where did this 24-hour rule come from? What happens when the Sabres play back-to-back nights?

It's this kind of over-eager short cut that leads to odd-man rushes coming back at us.

Everything is falling apart already.

I thought the GDT wasn't supposed to launch until 12:00:01 AM on game day. Where did this 24-hour rule come from? What happens when the Sabres play back-to-back nights?

It's this kind of over-eager short cut that leads to odd-man rushes coming back at us.

I heard they're going to delete stupid posts this year. No grunting or something. That's bullsheet.

Very excited.

I'll be there. Section 300 Row 12.

I predict a close game, and I'm hoping the Sabres come out of the gate flying.

It'd be nice to see Tim Kennedy net a goal in his first NHL game. Also hoping Myers has a solid night.

I just want to see all the players go out there and give it their all. Its the first game of the season; please just give it your all Buffalo. If I see lazy, uninspired play I'll throw up in my mouth.

I heard they're going to delete stupid posts this year. No grunting or something. That's bullsheet.

:lol: New season, situational rule changes, okay must be the right place, its finally here.

Let's get it started,##, Let's get it started,## ...Love this time of year.

Too early to start predicting blowouts for me I'm going with the 3-2 tight game, sabres win.

Straight from my butt to this keyboard. It's like i literally took a dump on my computer.

Straight from my butt to this keyboard. It's like i literally took a dump on my computer.

So they must have been those little dry hard rabbit pellet turds, dancing across the keyboard like Liberace's fingers on a piano. I heard a monkey could eventually type the Constitution, but I never could have imagined this.

More fiber, sir.

Archived