GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

OK, how many times this year will we hear the same old news flash from Harry: "good things happen when you get the point shot through...."

ok, really Harry?...brilliant analysis - :thumbdown:

Give him a break. He's got the first game jitters.

As long as he's not talking about sandpapering a bob cats bottom in a phone booth, i think he'll color a good game.

EDIT: ok, the rookies are like tea bags was just as bad.

less than one period in and i like what i see so far. Hitting... creating scoring chances... Connolly scoring on the PP. It's incredibly early, but I like it!

Lines. 3 and 4 are hitting on them like me hitting and drunk chicks at the bar. Even saw hecht and staff throw a few open ice hits that were innocent but still throwing their weight. Lovin it.

1st Period quick notes -

power play is not quite there yet, good goal though, quick reactions around the blue ice

penalty kill was good, lots of active bodies on ice

love the physical stuff.. Ruff promised it pre-game when he said the boys will be playing more dump-and-chase..

Myers has looked composed so far, very confident and assured of himself

Kennedy is like Scrappy-Doo!! fantastic! he's getting in there, pissing people off and is winning the puck too

good stuff guys, keep that up all season and we're all set!

Lines. 3 and 4 are hitting on them like me hitting and drunk chicks at the bar. Even saw hecht and staff throw a few open ice hits that were innocent but still throwing their weight. Lovin it.

It would have been nice to see Mac do more than stick his arm out when his linemate Kennedy got drilled to the ice.

I'm not seeing much of Vanek yet.

Myers had a nice calm puck possession late in the period where he was pressued and he did a 180 and collected himself in the corner. It's like he's been doing it for a decade already.

I also had DirecTV cut out just before the introductions until about one minute into the game. I called in and this dude told me he flipped some switch that turned the game on my set only. LOL

Miller didn't make one big save that period. Disgraceful. :)

Anyone notice the back boards seem a lot livelier? Butler's wide shot on the second power play got back to the front in a hurry. Or am I just not in normal hockey viewing condition yet?

Very impressed with Sekera so far. Looked good under pressure, pinched at the right times, and looked comfortable on both ends of the ice.

Agreed.. hopefully he comes back refreshed this year, he looked jaded for a lot of last season

So basically you are allowed to fall to the ice, run the goalie and score. Good to know. We should do that more.

1-1

Yeah that sets a crappy standard. Miller's leg was coming back on the overhead view so he very well may have had that if he hadn't been run into. They didn't even review it, that's what bothers me....

Give him a break. He's got the first game jitters.

As long as he's not talking about sandpapering a bob cats bottom in a phone booth, i think he'll color a good game.

EDIT: ok, the rookies are like tea bags was just as bad.

first game jitters? he's an announcer, not a player - :thumbdown: ....plus he said the exact same thing ad nauseum all last year. No free pass from me.

first game jitters? he's an announcer, not a player - :thumbdown: ....plus he said the exact same thing ad nauseum all last year. No free pass from me.

first game of the season i meant. and i was just messing. Neale will never say anything worth a damn while he is announcing but we have to deal with it.

Archived