Who do you want off the team in the worst way?

LabattBlue

41 members have voted

1. 1. OSP says" I don't care if I have to eat the salary, I want him off the team NOW!" Who is it?

• Tallinder
    • Hecht
    • Other(list the player in your reply)

If the Sabres do not keep him on the roster, he will be sent back to the league he was in last year. Due to a rule dealing w/ age, Ennis will not be able to go to Portland. The rule simply does not make sense. Players in Ennis's age group can play in the NHL, but they cannot in the AHL? Someone please expalin that.

I think you are mixing up Myers with Ennis. Ennis can play in the AHL this year, Myers cannot.

That reminds me, I spoke with Ray and he said the team is #%^$#!ed. He's sick of the company line and while he wouldn't name names he said last year "some" players told him while he was between the benches "Why are u getting so upset it's just a game".

WTF?

I'm not sure why Ray would make up crap like this, but I find it hard to believe that a player would say something like this in front of his teammates and coaches.

Okay, lemme see what I got,... he makes too much moneyhe gets hurt to oftenhe has too much talentor at least he has the appearance of having too much talent not to help the team more than he doeshe always has that sour pussand he just seems like a dark swirling vortex of negative energy.[inhale]

How's that?

I was just giving you a hard time for making the cardinal sin of spelling Connolly wrong. :D

I'm going with Pominville. Not because I dislike his play but because I sense he has trade value. His low key style, no contact style, pervades the team. I hate him on the point on the PK. I think that doesn't get his talent involved enough.

Gaustad. He epitomizes unfulfilled talent and the move your lips more than you move your ass attitude on the team.

Of course Miller is a given.

Doesn't it say something regarding the state of the team when a case can be made for pretty much every member of the "core" group?

No logical case can be made for Miller to go. Same goes for Vanek and Rivet. Really, the only logical choices are Hecht, Pommer or Tallinder, with Roy and TC well behind.

No logical case can be made for Miller to go. Same goes for Vanek and Rivet. Really, the only logical choices are Hecht, Pommer or Tallinder, with Roy and TC well behind.

I wouldn't consider Rivet, a 35 year old blue-liner, a part of "the core." You don't build around a 35 year old.

Vanek - A logical case can be made that despite Vanek's offensive talent the mere size of his contract and his at times questionable defensive play makes him a candidate to be moved at some point. Vanek is the toughest sell in this conversation. I personally think trading Vanek would set the franchise back 10 years. That is not to disregard the opinions of those who fell otherwise and there are plenty out there.

Miller - It is clear that if this team makes the playoffs Miller will have to pretty much carry them into the playoffs single handily. There is no one player more important to this teams success than Miller. If he is unable to carry this team into the playoffs there will be Miller detractors ready to pounce and declare that Miller is not a elite goalie and not the goalie the Sabres need to reach success. There are those that feel Miller is a compliment goalie not a elite goalie. Meaning he will do well if you have enough talent in front of him. He will not well if needed to cover the flaws a team may have.

Do I agree with all these arguments? No. I feel I must state that to prevent the flood of posters who will have their panties firmly bunched upon reading this. I am just keeping to the point that a case can be made for the entire "core." Let's face it. If the Sabres didn't have these questions they would be a playoff team instead of the perennial 10th place team they are.

As for Miller, no logical comment can be made in a vacuum. I'm not talking about sending him over the Falls in a barrel, though the sniveling and squealing would be fun. I'm talking trade, at some point. What could Darcy get for him? I've always maintained Miller is overrated. Maybe some GM would overpay.

That reminds me, I spoke with Ray and he said the team is #%^$#!ed. He's sick of the company line and while he wouldn't name names he said last year "some" players told him while he was between the benches "Why are u getting so upset it's just a game".

WTF?

Interesting the timing of the article this morning in the Buffalo News on players' accountability after what you said above.

As for Miller, no logical comment can be made in a vacuum. I'm not talking about sending him over the Falls in a barrel, though the sniveling and squealing would be fun. I'm talking trade, at some point. What could Darcy get for him? I've always maintained Miller is overrated. Maybe some GM would overpay.

Fair enough. My point was that if the thread is asking who should be dumped in a fire sale (ie where presumably another GM wouldn't overpay), Miller isn't a realistic candidate. Hecht, Pommer and Tallinder are all way overpaid based on last year's production. The money could be better spent elsewhere. There are also other forwards and defensemen in the system that I think most of us would rather see in the lineup than Hecht and Tallinder.

Note that if Pommer rebounds to 30-50-80 production, he's off the blacklist and his contract looks OK (not a screaming deal, but not too bad).

Fair enough. My point was that if the thread is asking who should be dumped in a fire sale (ie where presumably another GM wouldn't overpay), Miller isn't a realistic candidate. Hecht, Pommer and Tallinder are all way overpaid based on last year's production. The money could be better spent elsewhere. There are also other forwards and defensemen in the system that I think most of us would rather see in the lineup than Hecht and Tallinder.

Note that if Pommer rebounds to 30-50-80 production, he's off the blacklist and his contract looks OK (not a screaming deal, but not too bad).

Oh, I didn't read the subtitle, just "Who do you want off..."

Nathan Gerbe. I'm grinding this ax until it no longer exists. I know he hasn't made the team yet, but this team doesn't need another midget and this dude epitomizes midgetness.

Agreed. I appreciate his heart but there's no place for someone of his stature in the NHL. He'd have to be superhuman to keep from being pushed around his entire NHL career.

Nathan Gerbe. I'm grinding this ax until it no longer exists. I know he hasn't made the team yet, but this team doesn't need another midget and this dude epitomizes midgetness.

Who are the other midgets?

Name them.

No message board board will offer the insight and intelligence you'll find here.

What this team needs is less 5th line players

Archived