[OT] Because it's the offseason. . .

Assquatch

I'll start:

(Posted on Facebook in reply to my cousin in California complaining about his carbon footprint because he was running his air conditioner and oven at the same time.)

Spoken like a true Californian. We do that here too but also leave the doors and windows open and run the dehumidifier too. Global warming is a challenge for the kiddies to make sure they don't get complacent since we already invented the wheel and the internet.

I'll start:

(Posted on Facebook in reply to my cousin in California complaining about his carbon footprint because he was running his air conditioner and oven at the same time.)

Spoken like a true Californian. We do that here too but also leave the doors and windows open and run the dehumidifier too. Global warming is a challenge for the kiddies to make sure they don't get complacent since we already invented the wheel and the internet.

The internet could be the devil in concern with ones' carbon footprint. To some, the wheel was the beginning of the carbon footprint demise as well. I like the subject, especially relating to California (in which I have lived in for a number a years) where vehicles and pavement dominate society. :rolleyes:

#%^$#! a bitch who doesn’t respect the kart.

not sure if that will come out since there is a swear word in it... don't remember the rules about that. but that was cut and pasted because my co-worker wanted me to read a funny article and part was about go-karts. that was a funny quote that I sent back to him.

...nothin...

But since it's the offseason, here's something equally as random.

I'm at work today and I have to relieve myself...ya know..go pee. So I go into one of the smaller bathrooms where there is one urinal and two stalls. As I step towards the urinal, getting ready to do my business, I hear a sniff from behind one of the stall doors. I recognize this as the universal symbol for,"Hey buddy, I'm in hear and have claimed this space for the next few minutes to drop a deuce. If you need to do the same, I suggest you either use the next stall or come back later when this one is free." It's amazing what one little sniff can tell us.

Anyway, I realize that I used to use the sniff to convey this very message. But in recent years, I have adopted the jiggling of the paper roll method of warding off potential stall crashers, finding the sniff just a little too base in nature. Like some behavior that Caesar Milan would pick up on in one of his dogs.

So I was just wondering, what method do you use, The Sniff or the Paper Jiggle? Or is there some other method of keeping away ompetitors for the mighty bowl that I am not aware of?

Happy Offseason

SwampD, you think way too much. Pooping is supposed to be fun!

Don't worry. It still is. In fact, it's the only time I get to myself at all.

I guarantee, If you've never thought about it before, you will now(or at least notice it) every time you walk in to a public bathroom. It's actually pretty funny.

...nothin...

But since it's the offseason, here's something equally as random.

I'm at work today and I have to relieve myself...ya know..go pee. So I go into one of the smaller bathrooms where there is one urinal and two stalls. As I step towards the urinal, getting ready to do my business, I hear a sniff from behind one of the stall doors. I recognize this as the universal symbol for,"Hey buddy, I'm in hear and have claimed this space for the next few minutes to drop a deuce. If you need to do the same, I suggest you either use the next stall or come back later when this one is free." It's amazing what one little sniff can tell us.

Anyway, I realize that I used to use the sniff to convey this very message. But in recent years, I have adopted the jiggling of the paper roll method of warding off potential stall crashers, finding the sniff just a little too base in nature. Like some behavior that Caesar Milan would pick up on in one of his dogs.

So I was just wondering, what method do you use, The Sniff or the Paper Jiggle? Or is there some other method of keeping away ompetitors for the mighty bowl that I am not aware of?

Happy Offseason

Never heard of such things. Doesn't a closed stall door imply the same thing? Apparently there are a whole bunch of bathroom signals I appear completely ignorant of..

i'm a big supporter of the sniff, but when i'm feeling saucy, a simple scuff of the shoe on the floor tiles elicits practically the same sound and therefore, the same effect. it basically puts a time limit on anyone who just walked in to go #1.

It's pretty well known among the bathroom community that clearing the throat three times will often result in someone in the neighboring stall passing a baked good under the partition. I had the most incredible piece of blueberry pie in the palacial rest stop on I-86 along Chautauqua Lake. Dude passed the pie, a fork, a napkin and a little jug of hot coffee. It really is an amazing experience. It restores your faith in the world.

It's pretty well known among the bathroom community that clearing the throat three times will often result in someone in the neighboring stall passing a baked good under the partition. I had the most incredible piece of blueberry pie in the palacial rest stop on I-86 along Chautauqua Lake. Dude passed the pie, a fork, a napkin and a little jug of hot coffee. It really is an amazing experience. It restores your faith in the world.

I don't know how to tell you this...those weren't bluebarries.

Archived