Patrick Kane arrested

Corp000085

This is why I cringe at comments like the one made about Teppo on this board -- "He was a great guy off the ice." (Paraphrase.)

Who the hell knows what these guys are like?

People need the stop the role model crap. They're great athletes and entertainers; after that all bets are off.

Of course the presumption of innocence remains here.

Of course the presumption of innocence remains here.

Seems like beating up a Buffalo cabbie over a $14 fare is a little extreme, so I think I'd like to hear more details before I crucify him.

Well, at least he punched someone. Our sissies would have made out with each other then asked the cabbie to take a glam shot of them embracing one another.

Close the thread, shut off the lights and lock the door. Inkman for the win.

You're all missing the point.

Patrick Kane had the wherewithal to TAKE A CAB after a night's drinking. He could have run over some broad with his Porsche, or he could have fallen asleep at an intersection, but he was smart.

Up until he punched the cabbie over 20 cents, that is.

Agreed. There is nothing else to be said here.

Wait a minute.

You have to give some props to the 'sleep apnea' post.

No offense Inkman.

Defintiely a disappointment for Kane to get involved with something like this.

He has to know better, especially since he is the celebrity that he is.

You would think the franchises would have safeguarded their "stars" like Kane from any involvement even remotely like this instance.

Sad.

Get your sh*t together Patrick.

Wait a minute.

You have to give some props to the 'sleep apnea' post.

No offense Inkman.

Defintiely a disappointment for Kane to get involved with something like this.

He has to know better, especially since he is the celebrity that he is.

You would think the franchises would have safeguarded their "stars" like Kane from any involvement even remotely like this instance.

Sad.

Get your sh*t together Patrick.

Sure, the sleep apnea post was good, but Ink takes the cake.

His defense will be that he's from South Buffalo, so it's okay.

edit: threw this together real quick

post-1361-12498532341151_thumb.jpg

And here are two from the Sun-Times. By the way, I know I'm linking directly to the articles, but trust me, as I'm writing, these articles are the main articles on the sports page link of each paper.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/hockey/blackhawks/1707991,patrick-kane-arrested-080909.article

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/hayes/1708246,neil-hayes-patrick-kane-080909.article

The guy donates money to build a rink and celebrates by beating the crap out of some dumb cab driver. Almost feel bad for his cousin who probably isn't a millionaire with a secure job. BuffalOhio is right atleast he didn't decide to drive himself and kill someone. I'd like to hear his side of the story before I really rip the guy.

How is assault not part of the charges? Or does robbery fold in that component? The old guy just had surgery on his neck apparently. Just makes you sick. I hope he tells the Kanes to shove their offer.

The non-life-threatening assault is what makes it 2nd degree robbery rather than 3rd. Although it's a class C felony which is punishable with up to 15 years, he wont get any time because you can be charged with less than 1 if prior record and personal history is taken into account. It's not even worth it for the cabbie to take him to court. They'll settle out of court and save everyone the hassle.

The guy donates money to build a rink and celebrates by beating the crap out of some dumb cab driver. Almost feel bad for his cousin who probably isn't a millionaire with a secure job. BuffalOhio is right atleast he didn't decide to drive himself and kill someone. I'd like to hear his side of the story before I really rip the guy.

From what I was just told by a friend out in that area, the cousin is probably the one who did it. The description I got made the guy sound like a thug. A quote in what Eleven linked to below looks to back that up. It was something to the effect of "one guy paid and the other punched me in the face". So you have Kane and his cousin, hmmm... I wonder which one would be paying. Obviously none of this gives Kane a free pass though. If the description I got of the cousin is accurate, these are the kind of people that others should be keeping him away from. I'm sure the Blackhawks will push for that now.

Archived