Patrick Kane arrested

Corp000085

I heard a similar story here. We'll see what happens, but it's looking like Cambria dropped the ball for Kane.

I'm very surprised that, so far, there's been no settlement. I wonder if Cambria convinced Kane he could turn the case around for less than it would have cost to settle.

I don't think it can be settled (the way you say... Cambria hands are tied waiting for the grand jury?), looks like the grand jury wants to indict?

Here is the CBC link:

Kane, cousin expect to reach plea deal: reports

Sources told the paper that Kane and his cousin, James Kane, would either plead guilty to a violation such as harassment or disorderly conduct, or an adjournment that could see the charges dropped later.

We will see soon... At leat Kane came out and apologized (sort of). I think he should plead down and then make a public apology like the cabbie supposedly wants.

All for 20 cents and being over the barrel by the cabbie... Kinda stupid. Hope he learned his lesson?

I don't think it can be settled (the way you say... Cambria hands are tied waiting for the grand jury?), looks like the grand jury wants to indict?

Here is the CBC link:

Kane, cousin expect to reach plea deal: reports

Sources told the paper that Kane and his cousin, James Kane, would either plead guilty to a violation such as harassment or disorderly conduct, or an adjournment that could see the charges dropped later.

We will see soon... At leat Kane came out and apologized (sort of). I think he should plead down and then make a public apology like the cabbie supposedly wants.

All for 20 cents and being over the barrel by the cabbie... Kinda stupid. Hope he learned his lesson?

The ACD, which is referred to in red, is the best option for Kane at this time.

I heard a similar story here. We'll see what happens, but it's looking like Cambria dropped the ball for Kane.

I'm very surprised that, so far, there's been no settlement. I wonder if Cambria convinced Kane he could turn the case around for less than it would have cost to settle.

Not sure what you mean by "dropped the ball"--it looks like Kane is getting a pretty good result here. But I haven't really followed this the last few days, so maybe I'm missing something.

Not sure what you mean by "dropped the ball"--it looks like Kane is getting a pretty good result here. But I haven't really followed this the last few days, so maybe I'm missing something.

The Grand Jury plans on indicting them. That means some charges could stick, whatever those would be. I would have thought he would want to walk away from this without a criminal record.

The Grand Jury plans on indicting them. That means some charges could stick, whatever those would be. I would have thought he would want to walk away from this without a criminal record.

Gotcha. If he gets an ACD ("adjournment in contemplation of dismissal"), which it appears Cambria is leading to, and steers clear of trouble during the adjournment period, it will be just as good as no record for a guy in his situation. (For you and me, no indictment would be slightly better, because whatever we did would be forgotten if there was no record of it. But Kane is always going to be remembered, anyway.)

If he ends up pleading guilty to charges that don't carry any jail time, it still will be a pretty nice result IF he actually did what is is accused of having done.

Gotcha. If he gets an ACD ("adjournment in contemplation of dismissal"), which it appears Cambria is leading to, and steers clear of trouble during the adjournment period, it will be just as good as no record for a guy in his situation. (For you and me, no indictment would be slightly better, because whatever we did would be forgotten if there was no record of it. But Kane is always going to be remembered, anyway.)

If he ends up pleading guilty to charges that don't carry any jail time, it still will be a pretty nice result IF he actually did what is is accused of having done.

Will the ACD cause problems for him when he needs to cross the border?

Archived