[OT] Another Sabres fan was born this morning

SabresFanInRochester

Congrats! If the first 18 months or so weren't so crazy with 'em, I'd have two more. If this is your first kid and you don't have a video camera - GET ONE! NOW! The cost be damned. Time flies with the kids and even though they're only 4 and 7 years old, you're already wondering where their second year went. Don't be a workaholic. Don't try and skip out on over-night baby duty. Suck in every moment you can with him.

Yesssssssss! Congrats to you and your wife. If it's your first -- you're in for a rough 10 weeks or so. But it gets better and it's the greatest thing you can do.

Does that lead to increased late night sabrespace posting?

Congrats SFiR. Winter should be fine for skates. :thumbsup:

I appreciate all the well-wishes and suggestions. This is our second child, and our first boy. My little girl is two, and she is awesome. Aside from being a little angel, she has already been on skates, can say, "Let's go Buffalo," and calls for her hockey socks and hockey shirt frequently when getting dressed. Our little boy will be raised in the same fashion. It is an absolute blessing and treat.

And it does go too fast. I will incorporate everyone's advice if you promise to do something a little extra today: read them a book, throw the ball around with them, or take them for ice cream. Savor the moment!

I appreciate all the well-wishes and suggestions. This is our second child, and our first boy. My little girl is two, and she is awesome. Aside from being a little angel, she has already been on skates, can say, "Let's go Buffalo," and calls for her hockey socks and hockey shirt frequently when getting dressed. Our little boy will be raised in the same fashion. It is an absolute blessing and treat.

And it does go too fast. I will incorporate everyone's advice if you promise to do something a little extra today: read them a book, throw the ball around with them, or take them for ice cream. Savor the moment!

Congrats, dude! You probably know this already, but take the time to cherish it.

Guest Sloth

Congrats on the baby boy! You and I have something in common. My first kid is a girl and she is 18 months old. My second child was born 9 days ago and it's a boy! I had tears of happiness when both of them were born.

My dad, kids grandpa, made a music video showing pictures of our daughter getting older, and it also had pictures of our 9 day old son. I'll admit I had a few happy tears when I was watching it. I just could not believe how much she has grown, and what she can do now. Why does time have to go by so fast! I am beyond proud to have a daughter and a son. I Just cannot express how much I love them. I'm so glad my wife is a Sabres fan too! She has no problem w/ me buying Sabres stuff for our kids. In fact, we've already picked up a couple of Sabres onesies for our son!

Just a quick thought. Two new Sabres fans born in the last 9 days. Tommy G. should be thanking us!

Congrats on the baby boy! You and I have something in common. My first kid is a girl and she is 18 months old. My second child was born 9 days ago and it's a boy! I had tears of happiness when both of them were born.

My dad, kids grandpa, made a music video showing pictures of our daughter getting older, and it also had pictures of our 9 day old son. I'll admit I had a few happy tears when I was watching it. I just could not believe how much she has grown, and what she can do now. Why does time have to go by so fast! I am beyond proud to have a daughter and a son. I Just cannot express how much I love them. I'm so glad my wife is a Sabres fan too! She has no problem w/ me buying Sabres stuff for our kids. In fact, we've already picked up a couple of Sabres onesies for our son!

Just a quick thought. Two new Sabres fans born in the last 9 days. Tommy G. should be thanking us!

Congratulations to you!

Everyone's comments have been meaningful and appreciated, but yours really hit home. My wife and I were in the hospital yesterday after the baby was born, and we scrolled through 2 years of photos. Wow! Happy tears are the best words to describe the feeling. The changes in two years were just way too drastic and quick.

We go home with Nathan later today. PS -- don't tell my wife, but when she wouldn't go for first name = Ryan, middle name = Miller, and then our last name, I had to change it up. I think a Gerbe jersey could be in store for the little guy!

My wife gave birth to a healthy baby boy this morning. I doubt we can get him into hockey skates this winter, but he'll be wearing blue and gold this fall!

Let's Go Buffalo!

:thumbsup:

Congrats, but hockey skates are only a year away. As soon as he starts walking or running whichever comes first. My first child walked for two minutes and then realized it is much more fun to run!... He is five now and has been skating for three years. Get him on the ice early and make sure he has fun.

Archived